Photo

A TC?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:38 AM

What about making this a TC, so i don't have to play the boring ToB up to Saradush :)
Avenger

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:50 AM

That was the original idea IIRC, although it was discarded for the size.

Saradush is quick to finish, though ;)

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:52 AM

That was the original idea IIRC, although it was discarded for the size.

Saradush is quick to finish, though  ;)

View Post

Well... you could also do a simple cheat to call in the messenger in SoA, you just need ToB installed to access Watcher's Keep. But you could theoretically start RTW from inside the Irenicus Dungeon at the beginning of SoA :P I don't recommend it as RTW is based on a high level AD&D adventure... and that is just how it translates.

The 'original' idea was to simply make an Archlich Kit. You probably remember that part, Avenger, back before ToB was released. I got Kevin Dorner and Death to help me make a kit... and several other old TBG people tried to help, but it would never work right. During that time I picked my memory about the old days of PnP and an original adventure back in the 70's using 1st ed, and the new 2nd edition rules combined. I had a character back then that had become an Archlich. The kit never worked right without overwriting a mage kit, and that wasnt acceptable, nor was a malfunctioning incomplete kit using a Bard class.

About the time that TDD came out, I started to think seriously about making a change of my own to the game. So little was known about the IE back then, but IEEP was catching on. Once Theo made IETME, then it was all possible. The story behind what happened to my character in that adventure was much more compelling than the how he ended up. But, of course, I got stuck on doors and tilesets and put it in the back of my mind.

Once ToB came out, Dave Gaider began his famous improved battles. I was lucky enough to be in the right place when he needed testers for QA. I tested Illasera, Yaga Shura, and Abazigal. Then came Ascension, and Dave invited me to IEEAIS to help with that. This is where I really learned the workings of the IE and scripting, we had lots of questions for Dave... so he would ask the engine designers how we could do certain things. Most things he already knew, and trust me... we picked his brains. IEEAIS is where I met Quitch, an outstanding writer and logical thinker. We threw the plot around for my tale of high adventure. At this time, I also learned to use IETME fully and make my own maps and doors. It wasn't until Ascension was completed and RTW was begun that Xyx joined the team.

This could have easily been a TC, but I chose to adapt the story to an existing part of the game: Windspear. That is where it would fit the best.

The rest is not yet history... but in another 3 or 4 years... I'll tell you the next part :cheers:

Cuv