• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:36 AM

BP-weidu is nearing the phase where it needs to be tested. Now is the time to recruit a testing crew. I already have a few ppl, most have been around BP for a while and/or have tested for me before.

For this version of BP, I'd like to recruit as big of a crew as possible. This way, as many combinations as we can produce can be tested.

While people with modding skills are preferred, it is by no means a requirement. An ideal testing crew would be an equal mix of modders and non-modders, to cover the full spectrum. The only true requirement is desire and time to do this right.

The only rewards I can offer for helping are 1) access to the protected forum, and 2) credit in the read me file. Not much, but hey--this is a charity-based organization. :lol:

So, if interested; post on this thread. Please only post here for joining requests; we have plenty of other threads (ad more to make) for open discussion. ;)

#2 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:21 AM

I would like to beta test. I am a non-modder but know the game from the playing side inside and out, have been playing it since the release date.

ronin

#3 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:37 AM

I'd like too. I've already dlded SoS-Weidu 1.02, TDD-Weidu with patch, CtB 1.50, NEJ2 3.1, TS 6.02, etc. I have no modding skills, but I can handle myself with NI (I learnt how to use it the last time I installed BP-BGT-SoS-TDD-NEJ1-TS like a year ago). I always get advantage of other people's work, so I'd like to contribute.
Only problem: this sunday I go away from my comp for a week, but I'll be back in august.

#4 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:39 AM

I'd like too. I've already dlded SoS-Weidu 1.02, TDD-Weidu with patch, CtB 1.50, NEJ2 3.1, TS 6.02, etc. I have no modding skills, but I can handle myself with NI (I learnt how to use it the last time I installed BP-BGT-SoS-TDD-NEJ1-TS like a year ago). I always get advantage of other people's work, so I'd like to contribute.
Only problem: this sunday I go away from my comp for a week, but I'll be back in august.

View Post

Well, I'll keep you in mind if things are still going on in August. They likely will; opening this up to a team has already brought forth much unanticipated work.

#5 Paktu

Paktu
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 01:37 PM

I would also like to beta test.  I have little modding experience, although I have done some testing in the past for when I made the BP compatibility list (posted on this forum).

#6 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 05:28 PM

Count me in for testing....

#7 Reiner

Reiner
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:20 PM

I'd love to beta-test, and i have a ton of free time till school starts up. Its been murder trying to find a summer job, and no one is hiring around here. Anyway, cheers on making such quick progress Horred.

#8 Golden Thief

Golden Thief
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:52 AM

Love to help you out. Not a modder but I can break things.....
Work is taking me away til Sunday but have plenty of time to play....
No hurt feeling if you don't need me as a player....
Have played the old monster with its bugs so this would be just as fun and more profitable for others....
Either way keep up the good work

#9 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:10 AM

While I cannot promise to have all that much time on my hands, if you are looking for someone who knows the game and plot inside out, is a recognised pedant when it comes to proof-reading and consistency, and who is a generally nice guy who has zero problems with being honest and direct in a constructive fashion, then I would be honoured to help. Just don't expect a rapid response, as I already have numerous strings to my ever-bending bow. :)

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#10 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

Order of the Radiantly Radiant

• 1468 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:31 AM

Happy to join the non-modders testing crew. I bring nothing to the table but loads of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn stuff.
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

Xtreme Versatility? Xpress Yourself!

#11 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:57 AM

Happy to join the non-modders testing crew. I bring nothing to the table but loads of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn stuff.

View Post

I'm sure you can learn a few things about modding in this group, if you wish to. ;)

I think I'm going to have to close up the non-modders group, for now. :bi:
I thank all for their support and willingness to help out. It's more an issue of group balance, TBH. If some of the "old-schooler" non-modders, that I know well from the past, step up and PM me; well, I "might try to squeeze them in". ;)

#12 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:39 PM

As i'm the former BP spanish translation coordinator I need to be up to date of BP changes\modifications\fixes\addons of his text. I request to enter the ship.

Edited by SirLancelot, 27 July 2005 - 02:40 PM.

Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#13 Meldethar

Meldethar
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:53 AM

Hey everyone. God it's been forever since I even touched an IE game. Last time I played, stuff like BGT and BP were just a dream. I was a small-time modder back then with IEEP and NI. I'd love to help test this out though. Keep me updated.

P.S. What happened to Ghreyfain?

Edit: I'd like to take this oppertunity to learn the ropes with all the new software if you don't mind a few questions every now and then. :Poke:

Edited by Meldethar, 07 August 2005 - 11:56 AM.

#14 Kalindor

Kalindor

Nerd of Lordly Calibur

• 142 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:47 PM

Ghreyfain is around. Send him a PM on the boards if you want to talk to him directly.

#15 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:14 PM

Ghrey hangs out at PPG now. Tutu and all, y'know.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#16 Marupal

Marupal
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:16 AM

Are you still looking for beta testers? Weidu is new to me, but the rest of it'll come back to me.

#17 Milandir

Milandir
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:48 PM

Are you still looking for beta testers?  Weidu is new to me, but the rest of it'll come back to me.

View Post

Same question :)

I'd be installing and adding as much to the original installation Weidu as possible.

Always willing to learn, and eventually, hoping to put my own fantasy into reality :)

(Long time no see...)

#18 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:05 AM

hey, I'd like to get involved with testing BP-Weidu, since I am interested in mashing together everything under the sun Weidu-related. If you still need help Horred I'm here for ya!

And I can even give suggestions on how to make the warlock class more uber.
The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#19 -supermikou-

-supermikou-

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:11 AM

Hello, I'm french and I'm trying to translate TDD weidu....

anyone know who's TDD weidu's author?

#20 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:36 AM

That would be King Diamonds

Edited by Chevalier, 23 September 2005 - 01:36 AM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev