• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:51 PM

I will have to hunt down to find descriptions for the S series but I would prefer it to be a surprise. These modules are classic adventure which made Dungeons and dragons famous. Most old time gamers ( I can?t believe I am using that word) have played them many times. It is nice for a new generation to enjoy such great adventures. They are the building blocks of modern AD&D. A good example is without the D series there would be no Drow. SirBillyBob is doing an excellent job and I hope the community will show support. It certainly is nice to play a MOD with no references hamsters to the child of Bhaal?

Edited by leahnkain, 01 August 2005 - 06:29 PM.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#22 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:23 PM

All this spoken by the master NPC dialog editor. :)

I will have a mix of older classics as well as some of the newer mods. Wether they are D&D, AD&D, or d20 makes do difference to me. You can't be exactly like the paper mods anyways because the game engine doesn't allow it.

The plot line is in the readme but to summarize our plans, I hope to incorporate various paper mods into the whole package. Right now the game is guiding you down a path of the Sunless Citadel and the U series (various threats to a fishing town called Saltmarsh).

From there, I hope to give a nudge to the player of where to go but I will have several areas available to go wander through (kind of like Chapter 2 in SoA). Most of the NPCs are involved in a paper mod as their main quest but not all. Rurik (a dwarven fighter/priest) has a quest to go to "The Forge of Fury" which is a current D&D mod. Althon (a fallen Cavalier) has a quest in the Mistmoor area which is a mod from a Dungeon magazine. He also is tied into the slaver series in a nasty way.

The areas will be available to you whether you have that NPC or not. You will just get more dialog, banters, and possibly a fuller detailed explanation of what is going on if you have that NPC. I will make it possible to do the whole game as a solo if you want. I usually solo SoA so I will definitely make this possible (it won't be easy to solo though).

Also, as a difference from SoA, I am slowly building in the ability of a player to switch alignments. So if you start off good, you can perform various tasks that will make you shift to neutral and then to evil (in the fashion of Planescape or NWN). This will take several mods and chapters before you become that way. I haven't worked out the dialogs to go in reverse (start evil, become good). Not sure if anyone would want to. I haven't gotten into a Lawful to Chaotic type of switch. I am not sure if I will or not.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#23 -grogerson-

-grogerson-

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:32 AM

It had to happen sooner or later...

Would you consider a new world map - considering all the mods you're converting are Greyhawk? An entirely new setting for IE games to work from... :whistling:

Just an idea (there were a lot of great P&P mods out there way back when)...

#24 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:15 AM

Could you please explain what you mean by a new Worldmap? I am actually in the works for getting a new Faerun map (right Yacomo???). I will not use Greyhawk since Hlid already has a TC project using that world. Also, I have plans for introducing easter eggs about the Bhaalspawn into this game. Mainly, that in the next city, you will hear the town crier talking about the Amn/Baldur's Gate possible war, then stories about some guy in BG that was the cause of that war, and so on.

As for Greyhawk mods, yes, I plan to use many of them. That doesn't mean that they have to take place in Greyhawk.

Classic Adventures

#25 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:21 PM

Actually if you read the old modules (I own most of them), the first printings not the second printing they were made for a generic campaign or the greyhawk setting. I think almost all of the old modules except temple of elemental evil were made in this manner. The slavers were never meant to be a sequel to TOEE. They were a tournament module in the early 80?s. The G series and D series were meant to link up but again were not connected to TOEE. I think they modules better suit forgotten realms. I am really happy to have a chance to play these modules again. It is really nice to see someone put so much effort to share such great classics.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#26 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:36 AM

Could you please explain what you mean by a new Worldmap?  I am actually in the works for getting a new Faerun map (right Yacomo???).

View Post

Yep :) Will be late but it will be large :D

#27 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:08 AM

So, how goes it? What you guys are working on right now? :)

#28 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:12 PM

Unfortunately I am at a conference all this week so everything is on hold until the weekend.

Right now, most of the Mistmoor mod is complete. The town, people, and dialogs are done. I am working on the dialogs of the people inside the manor (3 ghosts, 2 new NPCs, and a few surprises). Once that is finished, I need to update my build patch so you all can install this without a full reinstall. You will have a Worldmap issue however but you can CLUA to the start of this mod if you want (or delete the WMP from your saved game and let the game start your map all over - you only have 3 areas anyways).

Selgaunt is not even started yet. What I need to do is go back to the beginning of the game and strip out some of the gold and high-end treasure since everyone seems to have too much money and no place to spend it yet. I also want to change some of the dialogs to allow you to skip out of long narrations. I have a few right now that I know you have to select Continue for about 5 or more times without anyway of getting out of the dialog. For a first time player that is fine, but if you have played this 10 or more times, you don't want to go through that each time you play.

We also plan to add another NPC near the beginning of the game. This will be the wood elf that needs some dialog work. He will have a special kit (haven't created it yet). Basically a barbarian/druid/shaman type of kit.

Back to Mistmoor, you will have the ability to add 2 more NPCs to the game immediate. There will be 2 more you can add later but you meet them at this point as non-joinable.

Last thing, Yacomo has created the first changes to the Worldmap. You will see this in the patch update as well. He has even more new areas to add later. If everything goes right, the BG map is going to become much larger.

Classic Adventures

#29 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:09 AM

Yay! Sounds great! :) Thank you for the update.

#30 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 03:54 AM

Very much looking forward to new additions... might even play BG once more.