6 replies to this topic

#1 igi

igi

IESDP Guardian

• Administrator
  • 1058 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:25 AM

Lo folks,
Last night I set myself a challenge, to create a TC in just 1 day.

Well, today I've suceeded in that challenge, with ample time to spare. May I present the first 1-day-TC:
http://mcwrench.com/files/download.php?fil...iixando(02).zip

xando is aimed at the BG2:ToB revision of the IE, and it is recommened the latest offical ToB patch is installed.

xando brings a totally different gaming experience to the IE. Download it and try it out!

Note: This is a TC. You will not get new quests, NPC's, items or spells for the BG2 storyline! xando is not compatible with any other mod - don't even try it!
However, xando is distributed using weidu, and, as long as it's installed last, it should work fine (you just won't see anything else any other mod has installed). xando can be easily uninstalled, just like any other weidu mod. Your game won't be hosed, you house won't fall down, and your dog won't be kidnapped by aliens.

Comments and feedback are welcome!

Visit the IESDP

#2 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:43 AM

I think the IE isn't the best engine for your concept, but you seem to have an interesting idea and you've implemented it well :).

#3 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:55 AM

Stupendous, igi.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#4 Ghreyfain

Ghreyfain
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 09:39 AM

I thought it was quite well done, myself. I'd also like to report a minor bug/discrepancy. When the player wins, the screen fades from black repeatedly, proclaiming the player a winner. I think the fade-from-black should be done only once, with the DisplayString repeating infinitely until the game is over or reset.

In following with Ken's vision of TCs becoming platforms for mods, there is room for it even in this humble example. AI upgrades would be quite welcome, as I found the computer chose its squares seemingly at random. Checking the code verified this.

Edit: Oh, and if you felt like relegating this mod to the less ego-boosting category of "mini-game", you could make it accessible in the real game via scripting or dialogue. Perhaps Imoen wants to play a game of Orcs and Elves to while away the time while you walk the lonely road? With some appropriate graphical upgrades, it could even look like it fit right in.

I'm envisioning something like the priest/mage books already in-game, with the backdrop being a view of the ground, as seen from about 6 feet above it (we'll assume dwarves, halflings, and gnomes are standing on a 3 foot rock).

Edited by Ghreyfain, 31 July 2005 - 09:43 AM.

#5 igi

igi

IESDP Guardian

• Administrator
  • 1058 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 10:40 AM

I'd also like to report a minor bug/discrepancy. When the player wins, the screen fades from black repeatedly, proclaiming the player a winner. I think the fade-from-black should be done only once, with the DisplayString repeating infinitely until the game is over or reset.

Fair enough. The repeated fading was originally a bug, but then I realised I kind of liked it, so I kept it. I guess it could be annoying though - the next release (if there is one) will change this.

AI upgrades would be quite welcome, as I found the computer chose its squares seemingly at random.

Yeah, the AI could do with improving (as mentionned in the readme). I originally planned a perfect AI (one that never loses) but it was beyond the time-limit to implement

I'm envisioning something like the priest/mage books already in-game, with the backdrop being a view of the ground, as seen from about 6 feet above it (we'll assume dwarves, halflings, and gnomes are standing on a 3 foot rock).

The graphics were meant to be better (think flaming sigils) but my graphics skills really suck. Anyone is free to take the code or the concept and expand it, it would be cool if someone could make something decent looking out of this.

Moderator Edit: Closed due to spam.

Visit the IESDP

#6 -vall-

-vall-

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:57 AM

the link wont work

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

the link wont work

Well, the link here does... so without further add-do.
Attached File  iixando(02).rar   269.23K   437 downloads
Yes, igi's sites have been down for a while now, we don't know why, but we have had to adjust to that, he had some very nice mods.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 17 December 2010 - 01:57 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.