Can't get this mod to correctly install.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 -Jess-

-Jess-

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:48 PM

No matter what i do the installer just gives errors and more errors.

I have installed bg1/tosc/bg2/tob correctly(making copys of both games to make it easer to try again and again).

The main problem is it seems to hit error after error when dealing with both movies and sounds. The gamedata is there, but None of the speech or movies are. Is there a solution for this problem? I would be really happy if there way i would like to play from the start. but with out the speech its a little hollow...

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:33 PM

I have installed bg1/tosc/bg2/tob correctly(making copys of both games to make it easer to try again and again).

The main problem is it seems to hit error after error when dealing with both movies and sounds. The gamedata is there, but None of the speech or movies are. Is there a solution for this problem? I would be really happy if there way i would like to play from the start. but with out the speech its a little hollow...

View Post

Could be a directory problem with the installation not recognising your Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast properly.

What Windows OS do you use? If you use Win9x/ME then did you make sure that you didn't put any terminal slashes or spaces after the directory you inputted? Are you using Windows NT (this could be interesting because no NT users have tested it yet)? Have you made sure all Baldur's Gate-related CDs have been taken out of the drive before you installed the game?

Did you notice any errors in the DOS screen that occurs after you press ENTER to exit? If so, can you try and describe them?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:25 PM

View Post

Could be a directory problem with the installation not recognising your Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast properly.

What Windows OS do you use? If you use Win9x/ME then did you make sure that you didn't put any terminal slashes or spaces after the directory you inputted? Are you using Windows NT (this could be interesting because no NT users have tested it yet)? Have you made sure all Baldur's Gate-related CDs have been taken out of the drive before you installed the game?

Did you notice any errors in the DOS screen that occurs after you press ENTER to exit? If so, can you try and describe them?

View Post

No drives have any of the cd's in it for this game.

I am using winxp. Its having many many problems installing. I think i may be missing an important step, because its is playable its just not converting/finding the sounds and movies When it hits many of the sound files(char sounds) it will see them and convert them, i see it copying them. However it will hit a large group of .acms and say it can not be found.

It will also say that the movie files are not found

"number of expected files 23 totaling ******** bytes

File not found
ect ect"

is more or less what it looks like at that part, it then ends saying its all done. And will start the starting xp setting program.

I may be missing an important step? Because bg1 does start up and will play these sounds and movies.

Also some other questions, Will

Happy Script v5-0
Multi-Stronghold v1-8

Both found here:
http://www.users.big...GII patches.htm

Will these work with this mod? They have files that will overwrite what this mod installs in the override dir.

Any chance that thoes two mods will work? and will not screw up the game? :)

#4 Hety

Hety
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:33 PM

Try ease of use for Multi-stronghold and happy party.
GIEF EPEX! © Believe @ Lightning' Blade(WoW)

I often type on shitty keyboards and in dark places. So dont mind my typos. PLEASE.

kkthxbye...

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:58 PM

Try ease of use for Multi-stronghold and happy party.

View Post

Url? :)

#6 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:32 AM

As for installation:
problems may occur if u do not have PURE installation, u have write o wrong path (WinXP normally use "path" for long paths with spaces in their names...DO NOT WRITE LIKE THIS...DO NOT ISE SEMICOLON...write the path the same as u see i.e. in shortcut...(for example: C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate, not C:\Program~1\Black~1\Baldur's~1 or "C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate")
If u use "improved music" mod it could also make problems...Maybe u were mixing with Music folder or u just have corrupted installation files of BGT
And as it is most importand-U can't install this mod on COPY of BG folder...only on the main folder <installation folder> (that's why most problems come)...I was earlier installing BGt at my copy folder and it didn't work correctly...safe ur copy to playing EE or some other mod...main installation for BGT and WeiDU mods not messing with story (too much :D )

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:42 AM

As for installation:
problems may occur if u do not have PURE installation, u have write o wrong path (WinXP normally use "path" for long paths with spaces in their names...DO NOT WRITE LIKE THIS...DO NOT ISE SEMICOLON...write the path the same as u see i.e. in shortcut...(for example: C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate, not C:\Program~1\Black~1\Baldur's~1 or "C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate")
If u use "improved music" mod it could also make problems...Maybe u were mixing with Music folder or u just have corrupted installation files of BGT
And as it is most importand-U can't install this mod on COPY of BG folder...only on the main folder <installation folder> (that's why most problems come)...I was earlier installing BGt at my copy folder and it didn't work correctly...safe ur copy to playing EE or some other mod...main installation for BGT and WeiDU mods not messing with story (too much :D )

View Post

Ya thats exactly how i was doing it. I was not doing it on the backup copy. I was saving the backup copy in another dir, then removing the botched install and replacing it with the copy of the fresh off the cd(but fully patched) copys. Only add ons is the bonus cd.

#8 Hety

Hety
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:29 AM

www.weidu.org

Also i must say that Multi-Install Tool works like a charm with BGT. Still BG1 files should be taken from original install folder.

I often type on shitty keyboards and in dark places. So dont mind my typos. PLEASE.

kkthxbye...

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:23 AM

View Post

View Post

I am using winxp. Its having many many problems installing. I think i may be missing an important step, because its is playable its just not converting/finding the sounds and movies When it hits many of the sound files(char sounds) it will see them and convert them, i see it copying them. However it will hit a large group of .acms and say it can not be found.

File not found
ect ect"

is more or less what it looks like at that part, it then ends saying its all done. And will start the starting xp setting program.

I may be missing an important step? Because bg1 does start up and will play these sounds and movies.

Happy Script v5-0
Multi-Stronghold v1-8

Both found here:

Will these work with this mod? They have files that will overwrite what this mod installs in the override dir.

View Post

Are you certain that you have a full installation of Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast? Check to see if there is a movies directory in your BG1 installation. Also, look for CHASound.bif, CRESound.bif, and NPCSound.bif in the data directory. Do you have a non-empty music directory (i.e. find some files in it) in your BG1 installation? It sounds like you have the sounds but not the music and movies, which means you might not have a Full/Custom Installation of BG1, but that doesn't explain why the music is missing too.

What is your BG1 installation directory? Is it EXACTLY the same as what appears on the screen when files are being extracted BEFORE the WeiDU installation (i.e. at the section just after you are prompted for the BG1 installation directory)?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:57 AM

View Post

View Post

File not found
ect ect"

Happy Script v5-0
Multi-Stronghold v1-8

Both found here:

View Post

Are you certain that you have a full installation of Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast? Check to see if there is a movies directory in your BG1 installation. Also, look for CHASound.bif, CRESound.bif, and NPCSound.bif in the data directory. Do you have a non-empty music directory (i.e. find some files in it) in your BG1 installation? It sounds like you have the sounds but not the music and movies, which means you might not have a Full/Custom Installation of BG1, but that doesn't explain why the music is missing too.

What is your BG1 installation directory? Is it EXACTLY the same as what appears on the screen when files are being extracted BEFORE the WeiDU installation (i.e. at the section just after you are prompted for the BG1 installation directory)?

View Post

Its a total 100% full install. The movies are there, as is the music. TOSC is installed.

I did it again this morning and it did install correctly. I have no idea why it would not work befor. But everything is set up exactly as befor. Perhaps something was staying in memory(i was doing it over and over). and was screwing it up?

#11 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:19 AM

"Try ease of use for Multi-stronghold and happy party."

Now that it seems to work, got a url for thoes? Its fun to be able to play using all romances and strongholds. :)

#12 Kalindor

Kalindor

Nerd of Lordly Calibur

• 142 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:18 PM

www.weidu.org

View Post

This is the address for the Ease of Use mod, but don't just say "(I) - Install them all" when running the installation because there are some components that you might not want installed. I personally don't care for the components such as "Remove all locks and traps" and the like.

#13 Hety

Hety
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:08 AM

I always though ppl read README files first. Or at least read what program says %-) Anyway "Install Them All" is not a way to go if u dont know what u doing.

kkthxbye...

#14 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:38 PM

It also isn't compatible with some mods. BP and BGT-BP being some of them. BGT-Weidu will probably have problems with some components of Ease as well, if you aren't careful in what you are installing.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website