44 replies to this topic

#21 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:48 AM

I have a question for the string

@311408 = ~Bandits!

It would seem that the Chill were hired by Tazok at the request of the Iron Throne!  The rumors of a Zhentish threat would seem to be unfounded in the light of this information.~

Its the same string is in the setup.tra

@10408 = ~Bandits!

It would seem that the Chill were hired by Tazok at the request of the Iron Throne!  The rumors of a Zhentish threat would seem to be unfounded in the light of this information.~

Perhaps you could mean the string entry #6468 in the dialog.tlk of BG1?

I send you a PM for the translation.

Modification:

BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.6 (Download)

#22 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:40 AM

There are doubled and even tripled entries in original dialog.tlk files...I know it well :]

#23 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 04:45 PM

There might be a couple of mixups that I accidentally made you translate twice, weigo, because I've had to convert the dialogue system in KD's way, which changes many of the .tra numbers. I think @311409 also is the same as @10409. Sorry if I have done that.

Edited original .tra strings and deleted @311408 and @311409 just so Promilus you don't get confused as well.

Thanks for the translation.

Edited by Ascension64, 08 October 2005 - 04:56 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#24 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:33 AM

Sorry, can I get one more line from you?

@104 = ~Registering GUI...~

Ta. :cheers:

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#25 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:15 PM

No Problem, here is the line:

@104 ~Registrierung der GUI..~

Modification:

#26 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:43 PM

Here we go again...

//Rescue of Xan in the Nashkel mines.
//XAN.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @16551*/
@310328 = ~Rescue of Xan in the Nashkel mines.

I rescued an elf named Xan from the mines in Nashkel. Quite a despondent fellow, actually. He was investigating the problems in the region just as I am. We probably could have worked together, but I did not like his manner.~
/*JOURNAL - @16552*/
@310329 = ~Rescue of Xan in the Nashkel mines.

I rescued an elf named Xan from the mines in Nashkel. Quite a despondent fellow, actually. He was investigating the problems in the region just as I am, so I accepted his offer to join with me.~
/*JOURNAL - @16553*/
@310330 = ~Rescue of Xan in the Nashkel mines.

While in the Nashkel mines, I rescued an elf named Xan. When charmed he revealed that there is some sort of mercantile organization known as the Iron Throne that has been trying to cause turmoil along the Sword Coast. To what end, he could not say.

//Chapter journal entries
//CH1CUT04.BCS
/*JOURNAL - @16190*/
@310733 = ~Chapter Two: Isolation

You awake with the realization that you have not been having some horrible dream. Ambushed, you saw Gorion cut down before your eyes, and even his powerful magic could not stop the onslaught. It was his wish that you flee, but that does not remove the feeling of helplessness that now overwhelms you.

"Hand over your ward," the armored fiend had said. He was after you and you alone, but why? If only Gorion had given some clue, but now you are alone and lost. Candlekeep is near, but you will find no quarter there. The readers pay for their serenity with rather draconian entry rules, and without Gorion's influence their doors will remain closed.~
//AR3700.BCS, AR3800.BCS
/*JOURNAL - @15836*/
@310734 = ~Chapter Three: Trouble in Nashkel

With your hurried flight from Candlekeep barely behind you, the troubles facing the Sword Coast seem an unfamiliar blur to your fractured nerves. Gorion would not have you sit idle, however, and perhaps investigating local concerns will shed some light on your own predicament. How the iron shortage or the trouble in the Nashkel mines could possibly be linked to you, you have no idea.~
//AR4405.BCS
/*JOURNAL - @15837*/
@310735 = ~Chapter Four: Bandits and the Iron Shortage

It is certain that the death of Mulahey will relieve the fears of the terrorized folk of Nashkel, but you remain uneasy. While the half-orc may indeed have caused the evils that befell the mine, the shortage of iron is too widespread to be his doing alone. His letters confirm your suspicions, and though they give little indication as to where his cohorts are hiding, they may have links to the bandits that currently plague the Coast Way.~
//AR8701.BCS
/*JOURNAL - @15838*/
@310736 = ~Chapter Five: To the Cloakwood

Mulahey and Tazok have proven to be nothing more than puppets; the true master of this unfolding mystery continues to elude you. One thing is certain; someone has taken a very personal interest in seeking your death, though why, you are not sure. Your search for answers continues, and the foreboding Cloakwood forest is your next target.~
//AR8603.BCS
/*JOURNAL - @15839*/
@310737 = ~Chapter Six: To Baldur's Gate

You have dealt a great blow to the organization known as the Iron Throne; a defeat that you are certain will not be ignored. Now you must travel to the great city of Baldur's Gate, where you are certain to find the truth behind the strange plot that plagues the citizens of the Sword Coast.~
//DELTAN.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @15840*/
@310738 = ~Chapter Seven: Return to Candlekeep

Your journey has come full circle. Duke Eltan has asked that you travel back to Candlekeep, where you must spy upon the leaders of the Iron Throne. While it troubles you that such evil men now make use of the great library, and you wish the circumstances of your visit would be different, it will still be a pleasure to return to your former home.~
//AR6526.BCS
/*JOURNAL - @15841*/
@310739 = ~Chapter Eight: Endgame

Life continues to be quite the challenge. You have been accused of murdering the Iron Throne leaders, and the Flaming Fist will undoubtedly hound your every step because of it. Despite all of this, you must return to the city of Baldur's Gate, the very lair of your accusers. You must find and expose the one who is responsible for your predicament; you must find Sarevok.~

//A meeting with Cadderly.
//CADDER.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @9991*/
@310375 = ~A meeting with Cadderly.

I met an odd fellow by the name of Cadderly today. He said I looked familiar, but I am sure I have never met him. I think I'm sure of it, at least.~
/*JOURNAL - @9992*/
@310376 = ~A meeting with Cadderly.

I met another visitor to Candlekeep today, one that apparently knew Gorion. Cadderly was his name, though I did not have much time to speak with him.~
/*JOURNAL - @9996*/
@310377= ~A meeting with Cadderly.

I met an old friend of Gorion's today. Cadderly was his name, and he recognized me from his previous visits to Candlekeep. He does not appear to be much older than I am, but he seems possessed of an understanding that defies his years. I wish I had the time to speak with him further.~

//Items in Gorion's old room.
//PIATO.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @9998*/
@310449 = ~Items in Gorion's old room.

Piato greeted me warmly, and welcomed me back to Candlekeep. He also said there may be some items left for me in Gorion's old room.~
/*JOURNAL - @9999*/
@310450 = ~Items in Gorion's old room.

I ran into that Piato fool. He said that there were a few items in Gorion's old room for me.

//Delthyr, the Harper.

//DELTHY.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @6581*/
@310740 = ~Delthyr, the Harper.

We met a man named Delthyr. He says that he represents the Harpers.~
/*JOURNAL - @6582*/
@310741 = ~Delthyr, the Harper.

The Harper called Delthyr told us about what has been happening in Baldur's Gate. He told us that Duke Eltan is deathly ill, and that his second in command, Scar, has been assassinated. We are wanted by the Flaming Fist for the murder of the Iron Throne leader, and Sarevok, the new Iron Throne leader, has put a price on our heads. He also told us that tensions are very high between Baldur's Gate and Amn. Some people are predicting a war between the two.~
/*JOURNAL - @6586*/
@310742 = ~Delthyr, the Harper.

When we charmed Delthyr, he told us that the Harpers think that I am the offspring of the dead god Bhaal! This information is most unsettling.~

//Dradeel's story.
//DRADEE.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @22924*/
@310047 = ~Dradeel's story.

The mad elf, Dradeel, says that Balduran's crew stopped here to replenish their supplies as they returned from a disastrous voyage to Anchorome. Some of the crew members had been cursed with lycanthropy and attacked the others. Dradeel managed to escape and has been holed up in an ancient hut ever since.~

//Balduran's ship has been found.
//FTOWUB.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @23528*/
@310540 = ~Balduran's ship has been found.

I hear rumors that someone has located Balduran's ship. He was the founder of Baldur's Gate, and an explorer of great note. No mention of where the ship is located though.~

//Reminiscent apparition in Durlag's Tower.
//KIEL.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @23540*/
@310776 = ~Reminiscent apparition in Durlag's Tower.

I have seen a strange apparition. It looked to be one of Durlag's own kin at the very moment they discovered the doppelganger incursion. This 'Kiel' accused a doppelganger of wearing his face and helm. Such powerful emotions to replay the event even to this day. ~

//Parda's suspicions in Candlekeep.
//PARDA.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @20371*/
@310743 = ~Parda's suspicions in Candlekeep.

I always suspected that Old Reader Parda had something of the sixth sense about him and now I know it to be true. He has found within him the very knowledge that it has taken me far over a month of travel to acquire -- that something very wrong is happening here. Throughout the Sword Coast and in Baldur's Gate, especially. But right now, as I scribble this, I know as well as he that whatever it is that is so wrong is presently lurking here in Candlekeep and befouling the place with its very presence! I must unroot it and scorch the vicious weed before it spreads.~

//Dopplegangers have infiltrated Candlekeep!
//POGHM9.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @20367*/
@310744 = ~Dopplegangers have infiltrated Candlekeep!

I can barely write this for my trembling. Doppelgangers have infiltrated Candlekeep, have infiltrated my home, my childhood. I feel dirty, coated in a thin film of horror that I know I will never be able to wash off... It came in the form of one of the older priests, I forget his name. But that's not what's important -- where there's one, there's many. It's a question of whom else they've claimed... and how long before they come for me. The one said something about a plan -- I am to be framed for the murder of Rieltar, head of the Iron Throne's operations on the Sword Coast. He must be here, then, somewhere in the Central Keep. I know not how much time I have to find him but I doubt it will be long. Fie, enough of this foul pen! I must be off!~

//Crazy Tiax.
//TIAX.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @4371*/
@310745 = ~Crazy Tiax.

I have met and joined with a gnome named Tiax. I am to help him rule the world (though I quite think he is off his rocker).~

//Little Quayle.
//BGQUALE.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @5830*/
@310746 = ~Little Quayle.

I have met a man named Quayle near Baldur's Gate who requested he be allowed to join my party. It was the bum's rush I gave him, as he seemed a touch too smarmy for my liking.~

//section already present
//DABRON.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @6576*/
@310748 = ~Meeting Aldeth's brother.

Dabron Sashenstar, the brother of a man we killed, tried to kill us.~

//Occupants residing in the Wood of Sharp Teeth.
//FARM5.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @6601*/
@310749 = ~Occupants residing in the Wood of Sharp Teeth.

A farmer who we met in the Wood of Sharp Teeth has told us that someone has been dumping waste in the forest.~

//Rules of Candlekeep library.
//GATEWA.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @6943 - unused*/
@310790 = ~Rules of Candlekeep library.

The Gatewarden of Candlekeep explained the rules of the library. I am not to take books from the rooms they are in, and I am only allowed to stay for 10 days.~

//Wanted for murder!
//GATEWA.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @6945*/
@310791 = ~Wanted for murder!

I have been accused of murdering Brunos, Rieltar and Thaldorn.~

//Marl's story.
//MARL.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @6552*/
@310792 = ~Marl's story.

When I charmed Marl, I learned that his son used to be an adventurer, and that he died in battle with monsters.~

//BGTAZOK.DLG
/*UNSOLVED - @6548*/
@310747 = Bandits!
Tazok has allowed us to stay in the Bandit camp, but will be keeping a constant watch on us.~
//RAIKEN.DLG
/*UNSOLVED - @6427*/
@310793 = ~Bandits!

I have encountered a unit of the raiders that currently plague the coast. Iron and gold were what they wished, but the iron was the main target of their mission.~
//NIMBUL.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @7089*/
@310797 = ~Bandits!

When we charmed Nimbul he told us stories about being hired out by a 'house of iron'. He was sent to kill us because this 'house of iron' feared us for some reason.~
//TRAVEL.DLG
/*UNSOLVED - @7944*/
@310800 = ~Bandits!

A traveler just out of Baldur's Gate has told us that the Coast Way is a dangerous road to travel. Bandits assault all who travel its length.~

//Our sentence.
//SHARTE.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @6538*/
@310794 = ~Our sentence.

Angelo has sentenced us to die by hanging.~

//Sanctuary at the Temple of Umberlee.
//TENYA.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @6356* - unused*/
@310795 = ~Sanctuary at the Temple of Umberlee.

The Temple of Umberlee, the Water Queen's House, has extended me sanctuary if required. I do not know which is more unnerving; that they have offered, or that I might need it.

//A noble hunter.
//NHUNTC.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @7090*/
@310796 = ~A noble hunter.

When we charmed the noble hunter, he told us a story about druids killing his friend.~

//NOBLBA.DLG
/*UNSOLVED - @7092*/
@310798 = ~The new Duke.

Several nobles have expressed their desire to vote for Sarevok in the coming election.~

//State of the Thieves' Guild.
//SILENC.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @7123*/
@310799 = ~State of the Thieves' Guild.

Lately, the Flaming Fist has come down hard on the Thieves' Guild.~

//The undercellars.
//HOUSG4.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @8730*/
@310801 = The Undercellars.

I have entered the Undercellars which can be found through the sewers beneath Baldur's Gate.~

//Wizard school to the east of Beregost.
//MTBE2.DLG
/*JOURNAL - @8058*/
@310802 = ~Wizard school to the east of Beregost.

We charmed a man named Berden. He told us that there was an abandoned wizard school to the east, and that there was much treasure to be found there.~

//HECITO.DLG
/*UNSOLVED - @9694*/
@310803 = ~The impending war.

I have intercepted an Amnish messenger bearing tides of impending war. They are massing troops along their borders and have the arrogance of war about them. We are being manipulated to the edge of a great chasm, it appears, and I must right it before we tumble into the gaping, hellish depths before us!~

//FARM2.DLG
/*UNSOLVED - @3698*/
@310804 = ~The iron shortage.

Iron goods are becoming extremely expensive.~

Life has been made easy with all the corresponding BG1 dialog.tlk strings.

Edited by Ascension64, 19 November 2005 - 10:02 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#27 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 01:34 AM

I could not expect it at all. :P

The new string system is really fine. Good work Ascension and a cuppa to KD. :cheers:
I send you a PM for the translation.

Edited by weigo, 20 November 2005 - 02:08 AM.

Modification:

#28 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 01:50 AM

Thanks weigo. Be sure to give KD a cuppa for his work on it. I have a totally new string and one that I missed from previously for you to do, however...sorry that they just keep rolling in. The reason why I'm posting all these publicly is so Promilus can get to these, when he is done with the main pack.

/*JOURNAL - @10065*/
@310322 = ~An odd-looking wizard is following me around.

Once again I have run into Elminster, and once again he expressed an interest in my well being that I find puzzling. He said something about powerful enemies I am making within myself, but I do not think I understand. He speaks in riddles. He DID confirm what I already knew: that the masters behind the bandits likely have a base in the Cloakwood forest.~

@310805 = ~A talking chicken.

I have taken Melicamp the chicken to Thalantyr at High Hedge. I do not wish to see how the poor wizard turns out, not because I hold anything against him. Rather, Thalantyr's rather insulting demeanour leaves me no choice.~

Edited by Ascension64, 20 November 2005 - 02:03 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#29 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:08 AM

Hehe...I knew that.. :P
Yes..I am so close to finally end it...but I am already tired with those journal entries... ]:>
Wah...It is so hard to find good header :]
BTW Asc64...I hope u have 99b5 version already waiting just only for my translation. It's coming so soon...and it will bring much much much more Polish BGT players :)

#30 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:34 AM

Yes..I am so close to finally end it...but I am already tired with those journal entries... ]:>

I know what you mean. :D

Modification:

#31 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:01 PM

Hehe...I knew that.. :P
Wah...It is so hard to find good header :]
BTW Asc64...I hope u have 99b5 version already waiting just only for my translation. It's coming so soon...and it will bring much much much more Polish BGT players :)

I was trying to find a way to simply add to the strings that are extracted from dialog.tlk, but have not found a way so far. If that worked, then all you would need is to translate the titles...

As of 99b5, I guess I am waiting for you (have been waiting for several months :lol: ), but because of the large changes its going through testing, and I will need to send you and weigo test copies to make sure the dialogue texts are working OK. The reasoning is that the dialogue files are now provided by the installation package, and thus they use FIXED StrRef numbers. This means errors will be generated if some BG1 StrRefs are different between languages, which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment, and hopefully won't be the case.

--------------
Retired Modder

#32 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:36 PM

Well, in fact not "several" but "couple" months...and in that time I think u found many bugs and also fixed them...so this time hadn't been wasted :]
About possible problems...I would have to find some FTP so my friends could help...because it's highly possible that my 2 eyes wouldn't catch errors even in the main screen....after few hours of electrotechnics labs :]

BTW: I have that little problem that in Poland we have GREAT differance between female and male dialogues...so I had to recreate dialogs twice...cannot tell that I have more work than weigo, but still I had prepared translation of 99b3...then computer went down...after recovery there were none sign of it...and after all of that I had to start all over...but this time with 99b4 with many journal entries...which are about 2/3 of all translation.
Sorry about delay...but it was really not (only) my fault. :/ :/ :/

Edited by Promilus, 20 November 2005 - 04:44 PM.

#33 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:41 PM

Well, in fact not "several" but "couple" months...and in that time I think u found many bugs and also fixed them...so this time hadn't been wasted :]
About possible problems...I would have to find some FTP so my friends could help...because it's highly possible that my 2 eyes wouldn't catch errors even in the main screen....after few hours of electrotechnics labs :]

BTW: I have that little problem that in Poland we have GREAT differance between female and male dialogues...so I had to recreate dialogs twice...cannot tell that I have more work than weigo, but still I had prepared translation of 99b3...then computer went down...after recovery there were none sign of it...and after all of that I had to start all over...but this time with 99b4 with many journal entries...which are about 2/3 of all translation.
Sorry about delay...but it was really not (only) my fault. :/ :/ :/

Is the male/female dialogue different due to Polish grammar? In other words, does this mean that the structure of dialogue files is different because they always have Gender(LastTalkedToBy(Myself), MALE/FEMALE) checks. If so, then that is bad news. If its just the strings, then that is OK.

--------------
Retired Modder

#34 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:33 AM

Just the string...but there are many situation with <SIR/MAAM> or <RACE> or <CLASS> where are little problems in Polish...because in english it's simple...:
M: I had this all the time...
F: I had this all the time...
In Polish is:
M: Miałem to cały czas
F: Miałam to cały czas
OR
Eng:
Were u there <SIR/MAAM>? same for both F and M
Pol:
Czy byłe/aś tam <SIR/MAAM>...little different forms of F and M dialogs...
So mostly I have to produce female dialog extensions into dialogF.tlk :)

Edited by Promilus, 21 November 2005 - 04:34 AM.

#35 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:00 AM

So mostly I have to produce female dialog extensions into dialogF.tlk :)

I know this problem. I made the same for the german translation of BD-WeiDU and BGT
It is very simple to make both entries in dialog.tlk and dialogF.tlk
i.e. @12345 = ~bla bla male~ ~bla bla female~

Modification:

#36 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:01 AM

I know that it works that way...but sometimes it is not only matter of one word...
There are also dialogs BGT native...which I don't know which sex is used :] So mostly in that case I use "we" rather than "I" (ofcours in Polish)..because in that form the sex is not matter anymore :P

#37 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:03 PM

I know that it works that way...but sometimes it is not only matter of one word...
There are also dialogs BGT native...which I don't know which sex is used :] So mostly in that case I use "we" rather than "I" (ofcours in Polish)..because in that form the sex is not matter anymore :P

I can see how annoying the translations are now, esp. with dialogF.tlk. Take your time and keep plugging away at it, BETA 5 won't be ready anytime soon because of some recent changes I made.

--------------
Retired Modder

#38 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 06:10 AM

Haha...the journal entries listed in this toopic are translated today...there are now (15:07 22nov2005) only about 60 screens of text (journals) to complete the translation...lalala...I so love journals... :| :|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok...back again at the normal mental state :P If all goes fine tomorrow there will be BGT-PL done. All my Polish folks-let us pray!! :D

#39 -MK-

-MK-

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:00 AM

Here is the newest german v1.00_journal.tra. I corrected typos and so on. I already looked over the other files, weigo will send them if he has not yet.

There is also one thing I noticed while looking over the journal entries. For some entries with the title "Mendas and Balduran's expedition." this title gives too much information:

@22917
@22945
@23497
@23527
@23558
@23553
@23560

The connection between Mendas and Balduran's expedition is not mentioned in these journal entries. I would suggest the title "The mysterious Mendas." or so.

@22930
@22931
@22946
@22948
@23559

I would suggest the title "Balduran's last expedition." for these journal entries, as there are some where Mendas is not mentioned.

@23410

The title "Mendas and Balduran's expedition." is ok here.

Hope you think over it.

#40 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:03 PM

Ok, I got the latest files from weigo and looked over them once more. You can download all files here: http://www.mkracht.de/bgt-ger