Photo

NEJ problem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 irheat

irheat
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:42 PM

Ok, I finally dig out my bg1 and tosc disc and installed full bg1 + tosc + bg2 +tob. I was intend to play bp only, but since bp-weidu is not ready yet, I download this bgt-weidu to try it.

I manage to download all componet form the wizard except NEJ, where I can not find NeJ2v30b. So I download nejv42b, which I assume should be the same.

After installed TDD and SOS follow instruction, I hit problem with nej. it does not correctly unpack the tiz and ogg file due to wrong directory. so I edit the batch file and unpack the tiz and ogg file, but is still not recognize the nej installed. so I can not apply patches.

I just copy the extracted tis and wav file to override directory. but I found that TDD and SOS all convert tis file to bif file, which I don't know how to do it.

anyone can help me to either get the nej30 or help me to finish install the nej42.

#2 glx

glx
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:18 PM

i found out that after un-tiz-ing tdd or sos deletes the tizunpack.exe . TS deleted the oggdec.exe (not sure)

what i suggest is : after unacking all mods (tdd, sos, ts, bgt) weidu open the *.bat files and comment out
del tizunpack.exe => rem del tizunpack.exe
del oggdec.exe => rem del oggdec.exe

Edited by glx, 11 August 2005 - 05:13 AM.

#3 irheat

irheat
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:14 AM

I have done that, I think that is what is suggested in the installation instruction. but I don't think that help.

Look at the area and sound extraction batch file in NEJ, it try to unpack the tiz and ogg file in override directory. What I need now is how to combine these files to bif file just like TDD and SOS weidu does.

#4 glx

glx
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:19 AM

you can take the tdd or sos as an example.

you have to create folders inside BG2 like
BG2Dir/NEJ-WAV
and then copy all wav from the override folder into it.

as the last step u build the bif file via
weidu --make-biff NEJ-WAV
weidu looks for a folder named exacly NEJ-WAV and builds NEJ-WAV.bif inside the BG2Dir/data/ folder

thats all

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:37 AM

you can take the tdd or sos as an example.

you have to create folders inside BG2 like
BG2Dir/NEJ-WAV
and then copy all wav from the override folder into it.

as the last step u build the bif file via

weidu --make-biff NEJ-WAV
weidu looks for a folder named exacly NEJ-WAV and builds  NEJ-WAV.bif inside the BG2Dir/data/ folder

thats all

View Post

Yep, that's right. As long as BGT-WeiDU doesn't break it...

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 irheat

irheat
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:41 AM

Ok, I manage to modify setup-NEJ2.tp2 file and the NeJAreasSounds.bat, now it will create 5 bif files, 2 for TIS, 3 for WAV. but the patches for Nej2 (43 to 48) does not seem to recognize the nej42b has been installed.

Look through the debug file, looks like some of the dialog is not there:

HROTHJ.DLG, DARJ.DLG and GOVAN2.DLG. I search through setup-NEJ2.tp2 and can not find the reference to these files and I am not sure how to generate these files.

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:05 AM

Ok, I manage to modify setup-NEJ2.tp2 file and the NeJAreasSounds.bat, now it will create 5 bif files, 2 for TIS, 3 for WAV. but the patches for Nej2 (43 to 48) does not seem to recognize the nej42b has been installed.

Look through the debug file, looks like some of the dialog is not there:

HROTHJ.DLG, DARJ.DLG and GOVAN2.DLG. I search through setup-NEJ2.tp2 and can not find the reference to these files and I am not sure how to generate these files.

View Post

Are you able to install NeJ all by itself without any problems? Remember that it is a beta version.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#8 irheat

irheat
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 08:38 PM

Ok, I think it is the nej problem. I try to install the nej on bg2 without other mods, it give me same result. I think the installation script has problem.

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:44 PM

Ok, I think it is the nej problem. I try to install the nej on bg2 without other mods, it give me same result. I think the installation script has problem.

View Post

Well, there are major updates for NeJ on http://forums.blackw...hp?showforum=79. The current beta is 5.0b. I have only cleared BGT-WeiDU compatibility with v3.1b at the moment but I don't see why 5.0b will not work.

Edited by Ascension64, 12 August 2005 - 09:51 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder