NPC

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 -Fluttering Butterfly-

-Fluttering Butterfly-

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:50 AM

:D How many NPC's, what are their classes and alignments? How many romances are their? Are there any romances for female players :hug: . Vielen Dank.

#2 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:42 AM

Here is a list of current NPC?s in the MOD...I may have missed one or two
Dirbert - Human Male Archer
Shadow - Halfling Female Thief
Rurik Lutgehr - Dwarf Male Fighter/Cleric
Erky Timbers - Gnome Male Cleric/Illusionist
Meepo ? Fighter
Ned Human Male Thief
Aesdale Essen Male Elf Mage
Althon Merchantius Human Male Fallen Paladin
Blush Elf Female Priestess of Sune

Upcoming NPC?s
Tila Sendral Half-Elf Female Bard
Rilithar Mistmoor Human Male Paladin
Markessa Demuir Female Elf Fighter/mage
Vildamyr Sal?Endral Half-Elf Male Morning Lord
Rendar Sendral Human Male Fighter

Possible NPC?s
Icar Human Male Fighter
Female Monk Human?
Arendil Wood Elf Male Ranger

This list is subject to change. Some may not make the final cut, Others may be added. I hope this helps.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#3 --Mauro--

--Mauro--

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:37 AM

Where is Althon ? I've never meet him.... Thx

#4 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:50 AM

Where is Althon ? I've never meet him.... Thx

View Post

He is in the cutscene with Blush at this point. (I think) He will join the group soon...you will have to ask Sir BillyBob more about his location. I believe at the beginning or shortly after the next addition. (Althon is the best fighter of the game...so far he has the most banter in the game. definately worth having in any group.)

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#5 mauro

mauro
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 11:03 AM

Hey leahnkain there will be NPC related quests ? If you know some, please tell us who...... :D ....."curiosity kill the cat"..... :crying: ....Thx

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 12:45 PM

Leahnkain is the project lead for NPCs. I do have a person I plan to add as another NPC but the rest are already in the game.

Althon is in the game, but I forgot to package the area script that brings him in. If you have been asked to talk to Lord Balthis, and did so, there is a dialog where he introduces Althon. Althon is a fallen cavelier that Leahnkain has worked up with the option to either turn him good or let him turn you evil.

By the way, I will probably post another patch set next week. This will have fixed dialogs and scripts as well as the ability to do U2 (lizardman lair). You can do it now if you CLUA in TCKEY03. Not all the dialogs are finished in the lair yet. I also found that the chief's quest for you has a CTD, so this will be in the patch as well.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 12:58 PM

There are no PC romances yet. Neither of us have any to make, always looking for writers! Blush and Aesdale are a romance couple. Nothing else at this point of the mod.

Meepo and Ned are short-term NPCs. You can have them join but only for a few areas and then they leave you. The rest are available at all times.

Rurik can join at any time and you may want him to leave once in awhile so you can have a blacksmith available for custom items. He can't sell or build items while part of the group. If you have him leave, he always goes back to the smithy (as long as he can talk to you about it). I know some people like to ditch NPCs in inns and other locations but if he doesn't get to have the departing dialog with you, he won't be able to go back to his shop.

Shadow and Dirbert (anybody remember where his name comes from in BG2?) are my main NPCs. Only Shadow has a quest, very late in the game for now. You will go "visit" her master so she can get the revenge she seeks.

Erky has a quest. It is in his Bio. You will be able to do this quest without him but the quest was given to him by his god (so he thinks). This will come about later.

If you want some more on each one, have the refugee leader's wife tell each one's fortune. 10gp each.

Classic Adventures

#8 mauro

mauro
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:00 PM

Sorry Sir BillyBob, but there's something I didn't undertand.....the npcs that leahnkain told us about are going to be in the mod or not ? ( sorry if I misundertood, my English sux  :blush: )...Thx

#9 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:25 PM

So far these NPC?s I have mentioned below have a lot of dialog.
So I am sure you will see them.
I think Rilithar ,Tila, and Vildamyr. will be the next to join. The ranger is undecided. So far I have been working on combinations for the NPC banters. As it presently stands Althon, Vildamyr, Aesdale Markessa, Tila and Blush have the most dialogs written. Dirbert, Shadow and Rurik are pretty chatty too. This is a project which has just begun. Presently I am focusing on writing the stories which the NPC will affect. As Sir BillyBob mentioned there is a NPC to NPC romance. There is also a husband and wife?.check the family names. The combination of NPC?s will provide a lot of enjoyment. I don't want to say too much because I don?t want to spoil the quests. To sum everything up most if not all NPC?s play some part in the story. Alot will have quests. Who you choose will affect your overall plot. If someone is intersted in writing a romance that is great but it should be PG...basically nothing explicit.

To be more clear SirBillyBob has written dialog for these NPC's. (Of course we have added to each others NPC's) The first half are SirBillyBob's creations, the latter are mine with the exception of one or two ho actually come from the original modules.
Dirbert - Human Male Archer
Shadow - Halfling Female Thief
Rurik Lutgehr - Dwarf Male Fighter/Cleric
Erky Timbers - Gnome Male Cleric/Illusionist
Meepo kobold Fighter
Ned Human Male Thief

I have written dialog for these NPC's
Aesdale Essen Male Elf Mage
Althon Merchantius Human Male Fallen Paladin
Blush Elf Female Priestess of Sune

Rilithar Mistmoor Human Male Paladin
Rendar Sendral Human Male Fighter

Possible NPC?s
Icar Human Male Fighter
He has dialog but I don't know if he fits...
Arendil Wood Elf Male Ranger

Edited by leahnkain, 16 August 2005 - 07:32 PM.

#10 mauro

mauro
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:46 PM

thx .......that cleared a lot of my questions   :doh:

#11 Zdenek

Zdenek
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:49 AM

Rurik can join at any time and you may want him to leave once in awhile so you can have a blacksmith available for custom items.  He can't sell or build items while part of the group.

View Post

Strange. I have Rurik in my party. When I talk to him in his smithy (TC0026), I get his shopping and forging dialog.

#12 -Fluttering Butterfly-

-Fluttering Butterfly-

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:45 AM

How many girls want a romance with Aesdale :Tasty: ? I hope leahnkain or Sir BillyBob can make a Aesdale romance for female characters. I think Blush is a bad character for Aesdale :devil: .

#13 mauro

mauro
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:47 AM

I think Blush is a bad character for Aesdale

Well, if u read the fortune of your party members with the refugee's camp leader wife u may think different.....try it out !  :blink:

Edited by mauro, 17 August 2005 - 11:53 AM.

#14 -juggernaunt-

-juggernaunt-

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:40 PM

I think she is going to betray Aesdale. The cut scene on the boat says Aesdale is not such a good person and she is using him for her to help her god. It isn't a romance for Aesdale.

#15 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:29 PM

Right now the focus is on providing enough quality dialog for all of the NPC?s which are related to the storyline, interacting with each other or their sub plots. Romances may be included later, but I think I will need help if any woman want a male romance...I am good at writing but I don't think I can write a romance for a female PC. If anyone has any ideas for romances please contact Sir BillyBob. As for Blush being evil...check her alignment. She is far from it. Aesdale is a good alignment too.

#16 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 06:59 AM

Spoiler ****

Give it time gang and you will discover that Blush and Aesdale are both being manipulated by someone else.

Classic Adventures

#17 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:04 AM

Strange. I have Rurik in my party. When I talk to him in his smithy (TC0026), I get his shopping and forging dialog.

Rurik's dialogs still need some tweaking. He will forge the armor for you when you enter for the first time.

I have been kicking around the idea of leaving his shop dialog in place, as long as you inititate dialog with him (he won't just keep starting the dialog everytime you enter the store with him). Originally I wanted to seperate the store dialog from party dialog but I don't think it would be a bad thing to allow him to stell to you inparty or not.

Classic Adventures

#18 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:38 PM

I have been kicking around the idea of leaving his shop dialog in place, as long as you inititate dialog with him (he won't just keep starting the dialog everytime you enter the store with him). Originally I wanted to seperate the store dialog from party dialog but I don't think it would be a bad thing to allow him to stell to you inparty or not.

I think this is a great idea. It saves the trouble of kicking him out each time you want to have him sell items to you at his shop.

#19 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:30 PM

Since NPCs are being asked about, here is a future dialog for you:

Vildamyr: Would you care for a drink Althon, you and I are not so different it seems, maybe that is why you don't seem to like me very much.
Althon: What do you mean Vildamyr?
Vildamyr: We share a common interest. We both love wine. I have some wine from the north. Would you like a glass?
Althon: Fine, I will endure your company. (Althon takes a glass of wine from
vildamyr.) It is very sweet. Like candy, what is it?
Vildamyr: It is a winter wine. I like my wine sweet, just like my women, I guess you prefer a bitter red.
Althon: Yes, that is right. How could you tell?
Vildamyr: You love a woman who was like your favorite wine.
Althon: What do you mean, friend?
Vildamyr: I met Markessa, she was bitter.
Althon: She has changed. Do you not see her change?
Vildamyr: Woman change only when they need something. Be careful Althon, if someone like Markessa has shown any reform; it only means she wants something from you.
Althon: Why do you aggravate me? Why did you come here?
Vildamyr: I wanted a little Blush--
Althon: Pervert!
Vildamyr: You never let me finish! I wanted a little blush wine to toast the group's fine deeds.
Althon: We are very different Vildamyr.
Vildamyr: I don't think we are. You use people in the same regard I use women. We share a similar damning characteristic. I am surprised you have remained in this group so long.
Althon: It is my skill, which keeps me here.
Vildamyr: Or your honeyed tongue.

As you can see, there is discussion of some other NPCs in this. One you have already met, the other will come later.

Classic Adventures

#20 mauro

mauro
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:54 AM

Hey Sir Billy Bob, as soon as the modules are released could u tell us which NPCs are going to have quests or if some NPC plays a major role ? I'm not asking for a spoiler, just an advice for use certain NPCs  :D ....BTW, I think it'd be worthwile to have a list of NPCs with their own quests......Thx for the great job !!!

Edited by mauro, 21 August 2005 - 09:56 AM.