BG1NPC Project and BGT-Weidu

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Hety

Hety
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 12:40 AM

subj ;)
GIEF EPEX! © Believe @ Lightning' Blade(WoW)

I often type on shitty keyboards and in dark places. So dont mind my typos. PLEASE.

kkthxbye...

#2 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:02 AM

No

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
----------------------------------------------
BP Animations Scheme

#3 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:36 AM

This is like Australian/American Idol. No from me.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#4 Dunderdon

Dunderdon
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 04:44 PM

You will get a working version if you delete the lines in the .tp2 files that cause trouble. However, Imoen banters won't work and it will may with other mods that add npc banter. Best use bg1npc for bgt version 1.

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:55 PM

You will get a working version if you delete the lines in the .tp2 files that cause trouble. However, Imoen banters won't work and it will may with other mods that add npc banter. Best use bg1npc for bgt version 1.

View Post

Even if it installs, much of the content will be broken. I still say no.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 --Gaias--

--Gaias--

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:13 AM

Why doesn't everyone that downloads BG1NPC use it with what is was intended for, BGTutu? I mean it says that right on the site where you download it from.... sheesh.

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:13 AM

Why doesn't everyone that downloads BG1NPC use it with what is was intended for, BGTutu? I mean it says that right on the site where you download it from.... sheesh.

View Post

Well, the fact is, a conversion was made for the classic BP-BGT-NeJ installation, named BG1NPCBGT, which worked fairly well. However, the advent of BGT-WeiDU with new naming conventions and other altered things resulted in the breakage of BG1NPCBGT. Therefore, it just needs revising, but no one has done that yet, and BGT-WeiDU is still in BETA.

--------------
Retired Modder

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:08 AM

And I really didn't want to spend a week repackaging version 9 for BGT-Weidu until I know all dialogs are rock solid in BGT-Weidu. I will probably work on this starting in September, I need to get the next big chunk of CA out the door first.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#9 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:35 AM

I'm no programmer, but a utility which runs through .tp2 files and automatically changes Tutu filenames to BGT file names (or visa versa) doesn't sound as though it would be too hard to make.

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:45 PM

I'm no programmer, but a utility which runs through .tp2 files and automatically changes Tutu filenames to BGT file names (or visa versa) doesn't sound as though it would be too hard to make.

View Post

Like notepad replace ~_ with ~, except for the 8 character names that got truncated. Of course, there is likely to be more than that, such as ~FW to ~AR and all the area renaming.

--------------
Retired Modder

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:58 PM

Several conversion problems:

~_NAME~ to ~NAME~ (these are not always the same)
~FWArea~ to ~Area~ (these are definitely not the same)
Area scripts (same as areas)
Item names (same problem as character names)
Character scripts (same problem)

And of course, spelling problems which I always find in BG1NPC (minimal though).

Classic Adventures

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 11:14 PM

Several conversion problems:

~_NAME~ to ~NAME~ (these are not always the same)
~FWArea~ to ~Area~ (these are definitely not the same)
Area scripts (same as areas)
Item names (same problem as character names)
Character scripts (same problem)

And of course, spelling problems which I always find in BG1NPC (minimal though).

View Post

I am sure Ashara can spell well... :D

--------------
Retired Modder

#13 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 05:06 AM

Didn't say she can't. There is a hell of alot of text in that mod. It is like a good thick book. I think I only found about 5 or six errors in version 8.

Anyway, the main point is that I have to open every BAF, ARE, and D file, read through it and fix all the pointers. Find and replace does most of my work. Once it is done, it would only be compatible with BGT-Weidu, not with BGT-BP.

Classic Adventures

#14 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:40 PM

Didn't say she can't.  There is a hell of alot of text in that mod.  It is like a good thick book.  I think I only found about 5 or six errors in version 8.

Anyway, the main point is that I have to open every BAF, ARE, and D file, read through it and fix all the pointers.  Find and replace does most of my work.  Once it is done, it would only be compatible with BGT-Weidu, not with BGT-BP.

View Post

What sorts of things need tweaking for BP?

--------------
Retired Modder

#15 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:00 AM

I am referring to the current BGT-BP beast, not the future BGT-BP-Weidu package. Since I don't know which character names have changed between BGT and BGT-Weidu, (Imoen2 still?) I will have to check during the conversion. Also, is the new BP using the same character names as BGT-Weidu? I don't know if any of the beta testers have really tried BP 1.7 with BGT-Weidu yet.

Classic Adventures

#16 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 01:58 AM

I am referring to the current BGT-BP beast, not the future BGT-BP-Weidu package.  Since I don't know which character names have changed between BGT and BGT-Weidu, (Imoen2 still?) I will have to check during the conversion.  Also, is the new BP using the same character names as BGT-Weidu?  I don't know if any of the beta testers have really tried BP 1.7 with BGT-Weidu yet.

View Post

I wouldn't imagine so either. They still have their TDD-SoS-TS bugs to fish out.

--------------
Retired Modder