Druidic Sorc Script Question

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 -Stew-

-Stew-

Posted 23 August 2005 - 04:12 AM

Ok, I have the Druidic Sorc kit, and it's great, but I don't understand the second option of the install, the part about fubaring NPCs. What does that mean? Is this talking about characters, like enemies or monsters, that this script will mess up, or is it talking about NPCs like, if I Shadowkeeper Minsc to a Druidic Sorc, he'll be screwed up.
I'm wondering because I'd like to use all the druid items on my main, but I didn't understand the scripting issue so I didn't install it. Any help is appreciated.

#2 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 04:43 AM

Basically those "script items" of the separate component will totally fubar your game. (ie. Buggy, buggy, buggy!) But they were left in the mod because it was original content done by the mod creator Tatmaster. I separated them in order to make the kit actually playable.
If there's enough demand, I might code up a new component that will make all druid items usable by sorcerers. The downside is (and why the original mod used the fubar item-script method unknowingly) that any sorcerers in the game would be able to use the items, irregardless of being DS or not. ( Actually, this would be an easy addition because I've already coded it up some time ago. It's currently in limbo on my computer somewhere. :P )

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#3 -Stew-

-Stew-

Posted 23 August 2005 - 05:50 PM

Basically those "script items" of the separate component will totally fubar your game. (ie. Buggy, buggy, buggy!) But they were left in the mod because it was original content done by the mod creator Tatmaster. I separated them in order to make the kit actually playable.
If there's enough demand, I might code up a new component that will make all druid items usable by sorcerers. The downside is (and why the original mod used the fubar item-script method unknowingly) that any sorcerers in the game would be able to use the items, irregardless of being DS or not. ( Actually, this would be an easy addition because I've already coded it up some time ago. It's currently in limbo on my computer somewhere. :P )

View Post

Ok, well I'm glad I didn't install that, but can you still send me that component, if it's not too much trouble, where all druid items become available to sorcs. I'd like to utilize some of the druid accessories. Plus I think that that should be part of the mod, I mean, if you want to use druid stuff you should be able to without risking screwing up your game, you know? Thanks man.

#4 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:30 AM

If you feel adventurous, you could use a solution similar to the one Littiz designed for the Use Scrolls HLA in Refinements - you turn all trueclass sorcerers & mages to a twin kit (eg sorcerortw), which has 'stolen' a previously redundant kit unusability flag (EG Berzerker) and then create a WeiDU loop whereby items unusable by Sorcs and usable by Druids become usable by sorcs and unusable by the sorcerortw kit. All mage kits receive the new unusable, too.
This would probably remove any chance of Refinements compatibility, though - unless you made Archers use the same as Stalkers and ignore the two Valygar-only items.

Another solution would be to have the scripts be launched by an invisible rabbit via the LastSummonerOfMyself object, however this solution wouldn't make the items glow red.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#5 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:25 AM

If you feel adventurous, you could use a solution similar to the one Littiz designed for the Use Scrolls HLA in Refinements - you turn all trueclass sorcerers & mages to a twin kit (eg sorcerortw), which has 'stolen' a previously redundant kit unusability flag (EG Berzerker) and then create a WeiDU loop whereby items unusable by Sorcs and usable by Druids become usable by sorcs and unusable by the sorcerortw kit. All mage kits receive the new unusable, too.
This would probably remove any chance of Refinements compatibility, though - unless you made Archers use the same as Stalkers and ignore the two Valygar-only items.

Another solution would be to have the scripts be launched by an invisible rabbit via the LastSummonerOfMyself object, however this solution wouldn't make the items glow red.

View Post

I think that would be just too problematic to try playing with new kit flags. I can see issues arrising with all the main tweak mods out there, and this mod has been around long enough I have no desire to re-bugfix time after time. Nice idea though Bigg. :cheers:

As for the invis/invul cre trick - I know all about that one. (I usually use invis rats that I have named "Minions of Boo". ) However, it'd be a royal pain, prone to glitches, and again a lot more work than the reward. Especially since the new version is likely to already be released today. :bi:

#6 -Stew-

-Stew-

Posted 25 August 2005 - 03:42 PM

Hey hlid,
Did I understand that you just said the new version of the Druidic Sorc would be released today? If so, sweetness, can't wait. Thanks for the help and ideas.

#7 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:29 PM

It's done, but I'm having some upload issues. Awaiting to hear back from The Wizard, then v1.9 will be up. ;)

Edit: It's up, have fun. :cheers:

Edited by hlidskialf, 25 August 2005 - 11:47 PM.

#8 -Stew-

-Stew-

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:46 AM

Hlid,
v1.9 is WAY HARDCORE!
Thanks a million dude.

#9 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 09:52 AM

Hlid,
v1.9 is WAY HARDCORE!
Thanks a million dude.

View Post

:new_thumbs:

#10 Constant

Constant
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 01:07 AM

Hey Hlid,

I just wanted to thank you for all the work you've put into maintaining my mod. Part of me wishes I could be more active, but it was such a long time ago that I practically don't remember half of what I did! It's pretty neat to see a bunch of people playing with the kit and I really have you to thank for it.

For those of you taking the time to check out this buggy mod of mine, thanks for taking an interest, I worked hard on it.

Cheers guys, and take care.

-Constant

#11 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 02:16 AM

Hey Hlid,

I just wanted to thank you for all the work you've put into maintaining my mod.  Part of me wishes I could be more active, but it was such a long time ago that I practically don't remember half of what I did!  It's pretty neat to see a bunch of people playing with the kit and I really have you to thank for it.

For those of you taking the time to check out this buggy mod of mine, thanks for taking an interest, I worked hard on it.

Cheers guys, and take care.

-Constant

View Post

You're welcome good sir! It is still the pinacle of kit-creation, and worth keeping alive. Granted, it's much like bringing a gun to a knife-fight, but everyone wants to try that at least once. :whistling:
Anytime you want to dabble again, stop by and don't be shy about getting rid of the rust. Who knows, maybe there is another mystic thurge for you to sift out of the back of your head. Cheers. :cheers:

#12 Stonewarrior

Stonewarrior
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:43 PM

Edited for stupidity. LOL

Edited by Stonewarrior, 11 November 2005 - 01:01 PM.

#13 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:57 PM

Where can I download version 1.9?

#14 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:46 PM

here: http://america.iegmc.net/hlid/

ronin