BGT-weidu What mods are compatible?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 -jiaxian-

-jiaxian-

Posted 27 August 2005 - 12:16 AM

Sorri for been such a noob and newbie for hijacking, wondering anyone try the new version of BGT with any other mod mention not in the read me file.

I play BG alot in the past, even went to the extend of catalgoue most of the mod I know online. But after 2 years of losing touch, getting all the info with so many new major and minor mod out there seem to be a impossible task.

I will try to do some testing too of course, wonder anyone have any head start yet?

#2 jiaxian

jiaxian
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 12:18 AM

kk, I just register. Sorri for double posting mod, but I can't seem to edit my 1st post. ><

#3 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 12:24 AM

Fully compatible: The Grey Clan Episode I
Almost full: DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH, NeJ, TDD, SoS....and all non-gameplay mods on WeiDU (NPC mods-no banter packs!, Ascesion, Refinements, Unfinished Buisnes etc.)...why I say *almost*? Because there are few occasional bugs that are little annoying...however all listed mods allow to play main story of BG1, BG2 and ToB without any "accidents"...just some of new mods features are not working correctly...skip them and play normally.

#4 jiaxian

jiaxian
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:15 AM

icic, thx for the fast reply.

I know of some modding stuff in my past. Can I said most old weidu should works like the tashia romance and all. I know most weidu did is appending stuff accept some mod having override stuff in the game.

I think minor tweak like increase holding bag capacity and some minor tweak should work too right?

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 03:33 AM

Fully compatible: The Grey Clan Episode I

Can I get someone else to confirm this. If they can, then I will add it to the readme.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 jiaxian

jiaxian
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 05:27 AM

As a general rule, if you want to play The Big Picture, install BP-BGT in the order provided above first, then install other modifications on top, and if you want to play Baldur?s Gate Trilogy without the Big Picture, install BGT-WeiDU first before installing other modifications on top.  The modifications, Dark Side of the Sword Coast (DSotSC), Secret of Bonehill (SoBH), and Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (NTotSC) should work with BGT-WeiDU in or not in a BP-BGT setting.

I'm reading most of the mod read me files, can someone help me verify this statement.

If I want to play DSoTSC and NToTSC, does it mean I cannot install BP-BGT? I'm slightly confuse.

- Never Ending Journey v2.1b or above
- Baldur?s Gate Trilogy (WeiDU)
- Big Picture v170 or above -- untested
- Check the Bodies v150 or above -- untested

And sorri for such a noob, I can't seem to find version 170 above of BP. All I find is the old version of 311, or the G version of 161. Anyone know what the BP v170 above the read me in BGT-Weidu refers?

Edited by jiaxian, 27 August 2005 - 05:38 AM.

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:01 AM

That is because version 1.70 isn't available yet.

DSotSC and NTotSC work with BGT-Weidu, there is a version of each for both BGT-BP and BGT-Weidu. Same with BoneHill, a version for each.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:03 AM

In theory, CtB will work with BGT-Weidu because they don't take place at the same time. CtB doesn't begin until you are in Jon's dungeon. However, I don't know if anyone has bothered to fully test that combination yet.

Classic Adventures

#9 jiaxian

jiaxian
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:20 AM

icic, thx.

So in theory, with the right order I can have all these mod install.

BGI
BGI: ToSC, DSToSC & NToSC
BGII
BGII: ToB
BP-BGT
TDD-Weidu
SOS-Weidu
TS v6 above
NEJ v2 above
BGT-Weidu
CTB v150 above
Secert of Hillbones v192 above
Revised Worldmap v3

And of course, I don't think I can install any fix or tweak like baldurdash, I assume it might mess up. I have a few fav, I'm assuming they won't mess up the game since they didn't modify major parts

Ease of Used
Item upgrades
The level 50 patch
Grandmaster weapon patch
Tashia Romance
Freedom of RoV v3
Munch Mod
The Unusual Oddities Shop
Super Firkraag
Robe of Vecna Modification
The Grey Clan Episode I
Latest Underrepresented Items

and all those minor mod which add weapons.

I'm just not sure about these mod, need some comments

Tactic Mod
Improve Battles
Ruad Mod
Quest Pack
Spell 50
Longer Road
Refinements,
Unfinished Business
Improved Asylum Mod
Ascesion

etc which have some quest/banter modification

Anyway, here's some new mod I know that will not work I believe.

Classic Adventures
Refinements Mod
Region of Terror

#10 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:28 AM

Please read all FAQs first!!!

Tactics will not work.
Level 50 is not needed (Horred already built it into BP)
Grandmaster patches may or may not cause problems (BP has some fixes already)

Also, you are confusing on this list. You can't have BGT-Weidu and BGT-BP, they are somewhat the same thing.

Classic Adventures

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:31 AM

If you want to use what everyone here knows will work, stick with the older BGT-BP or BGT-BP-NeJ.

If you want the latest and greatest (which doesn't all work together), you can use BGT-Weidu and TDD-Weidu/SoS-Weidu/TS-Weidu. NeJ2 does not work with the other mods, yet.

Classic Adventures

#12 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:58 AM

I have installation in this order:
BG2+ToB
TDD WeiDU
UB
Ascension
BGT WeiDU
DSotSC v 1.70
NTotSC v 1.30
DSNotSC Patch
TGC I
Valen NPC
Solaufein NPC
Tashia NPC
G3Tweaks (only some of them...no "worldmap fix"...i.e. 100% spell learning)
Souvenir from the north (I want some of my NTotSC items in SoA/ToB)
Spell50 (I want to kill kill kill with spells :P )
Grandmastery propably applied in TDD...however don't cause any problems
Lvl 50 rules may not work with some mods...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From previous installation also had refinements (changes only ToB so shouldn't cause problems with BGT) and few other misc. mods...(also NeJ part I...but "portal into IWD" works normally and didn't brought me into IWD...also when warped into TT maps they CTD while loading...I don't want to overload my BGT this time so I will not add anymore mods...uhm...mabe sirine call could work with BGT? (TGC installation says about BGT, TUTU or clean BG1 compatibility)

#13 jiaxian

jiaxian
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:18 AM

Thx for answering my question everyone, I get back to reading all the read me files again. I'm starting to redownload all major and minor mod of interest, hoping to have at least 30 mod install major and minor, I'm reading and search as much as I can now.

Sigh* 2 years ago, things work more easy, I'm really surpise with TDD and SOS having Weidu and quite happy. I hope one day some major mods other than NPC romance can have a massive combines.

u know what I mean, all weapons, spells, weapons, quest, kits, races, plus the major plots, fixed, monster and merchant can masively combine until it's large enough that 500 gameplay is worth. lolz

#14 jiaxian

jiaxian
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:22 AM

If you want to use what everyone here knows will work, stick with the older BGT-BP or BGT-BP-NeJ.

If you want the latest and greatest (which doesn't all work together), you can use BGT-Weidu and TDD-Weidu/SoS-Weidu/TS-Weidu.  NeJ2 does not work with the other mods, yet.

View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the BGT-Weidu said v2.1b or above works. I'm downloading NeJ2v42b.exe and the patch is v60. Are u saying that it won't work with BGT-Weidu or having BP-BGT together?

#15 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:45 AM

It is possible that someone made this mod to work with the others...as for now NeJ part 2 is not compatible with BGT WeiDU or maybe even with BP-BGT...
KD, SBB or Ascension said that only NeJ part I is compatible with BGT WeiDU and BP-BGT (BP-BGT+NeJ)
So I assume that NeJ2 is still not working correctly and even editing tp2 files wouldn't fix it. Believe me that BGT+NTotSC+TGC+TDD is taking from you real great number of hours and giving u large satisfaction...NeJ is obsolete, as it slightly changes original story from BG2 (u start the main story at higher levels than u could make with NTotSC...and propably with such good items like Elven Chainmail from Hand...or Armor of Black Swan)
That is why I use only those mods which slightly increase difficulty of the game and allows to get more levels.
Also most of BG1 mods are giving u opportunity to play the BG1 part much longer than pure BG+TotSC...collect some fine items...lose it but then play the BG2 with some fine level from 10 to 13 (Yes...it is possible to do more, but only when exploiting respawn in some areas)
BTW NeJ2 could NOT work with others BG2 mods...not with BGT ...pure BGT+NeJ2 COULD work.

#16 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:07 PM

BGT-NeJ2 should work with versions of NeJ 2.1b up. I can't imagine anything too new in v60 patch that would break it. However, I can't guarantee anything with BP-BGT-NeJ2, because the BP portion is under the works at the moment. The last time I heard a problem with BGT-WeiDU by itself was with NeJ2 4.2b, which had installation errors, but on Vlad's forums there are updates to fix such things.

I also woudn't advise running Check the Bodies because the Candlekeep portion is buggy, not necessarily boring as hell as some people might put it, but game-breaking buggy. Also, it still corrupts Docks district, etc.

Edited by Ascension64, 27 August 2005 - 06:08 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#17 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:57 PM

Most of these mods will work with the older BGT-BP/BGT-BP-NeJ projects. However, since there is no BP-Weidu to go with BGT-Weidu, you may have some problems getting SoS-W/TDD-W/TS-W to work together on BGT-Weidu. Some players are doing it but adding more mods on top is putting your install at risk of failure.

If you are not familiar with BGT-BP-NeJ and the add-ons - DSotSC/NTotSC/SoBH, go install and play them first. Then try to install all your other mods. Just realize that a mess like your proposed game is not something anyone else is going to be able to help you with if you have problems (unless they have also installed all the same mods).

Classic Adventures

#18 jiaxian

jiaxian
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 08:51 PM

ic, thx ><

Guess I have to content myself with just the BGT-Weidu beta 1st, hope everything is Weidu-lise in furture enough for us to merge lot of mods. ><

#19 zodden

zodden
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:20 AM

ic, thx ><

Guess I have to content myself with just the BGT-Weidu beta 1st, hope everything is Weidu-lise in furture enough for us to merge lot of mods. ><

View Post

I went through a few similar installs over the past weeks

First off do not try to install TS because the latest version is not compatible. It will not install

Do not install BG1NPC- it also does not work with the mods right now

You will need to install Yocomo's worldmap for all the mods you are putting in there. Install that one last

As for NeJ2: I would be curious if you get it to work correctly with BGT-Weidu as of now. I had problems with CTDs all over the place with it. When I used version 1-Weidu I had no problems

as of late this is my list and it works:

BG1-BG2+ the 2 official expansions
TDD-Weidu
SoS
Nej Version 1 weidu
BGT WeiDU
DSotSC v 1.70
NTotSC v 1.30
DSNotSC Patch
Bonehill- I would say include this one: It had very few bugs and is a fantastic mod

Accension
Ease of Use
G3 Tweaks (except worldmap and some other tweaks I didnt like)
Worldmap

Mods to consider:
Check the bodies: Fun but somewhat buggy
Unfinished Business: I have no idea the compatability: This mod changes and adds many things so you may be looking for trouble to install it but its a great mod and adds alot of great stuff.

Mods I wish somebody fixes: BG1NPC: The banter makes the game a lot lot lot more fun so I wish somebody would update it :(

That should give you alot of gameplay! Now heres what I do not like about it:

BP-since its not ready you can not get it. You will WANT it though as the AI is much better. You will need it too as the game will be so easy by ToB that you may sleep through it with all the overpowered stuff you get along the way

TS: It should be in every major install as its one of the big boys of mods. Once somebody gets the latest version to work with BGT-Weidu we will be all set. Asking Vlad about it in his forums though makes him lose his temper :D

Nej: With so many versions around its tough to choose the right one to use. Version one for BGT Weidu is nice but version 2 is much more polished product. What we need is to find a version of 2 that will work. There have been some updates since I last tried so maybe the latest version of 2 will work

Good Luck!

Edited by zodden, 28 August 2005 - 12:27 AM.

#20 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 04:56 AM

I wouldn't be too hopeful about NeJ2. After all, it is meant to be a standalone partial conversion. With the future developments on NeJ, there is certainly a chance that NeJ will be incompatible with aboslutely everything.

--------------
Retired Modder