Photo

My Ctb Adventures

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 DesertRanger

DesertRanger
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 01:27 PM

Because CTB seems to be rather buggy in itīs current state and a lot of people seem to have the same problems I had, Iīm posting this as a possible help for those who are stuck somewhere.
I hope you know how to use NI and the CLUAConsole if you play this mod.

prenote: my install was a huge pile-up of about 50 mods including all larger mods (all in Weidu version - in that version CTB doesnīt detect them so maybe a non-Weidu install is better for CTB??), so I donīt claim all problems to be from CTB in origin.

Comments on CTB quests:

Holly the Elf
People seem to have problem finding her. She will appear in the temple of Helm only if you are of neutral alignment!

Hlondeth Sesession Quest
- Rynn gives you the quest to find a box in the mystra temple. If you donīt find the key for the door, donīt despair, there is one - you wonīt get it peacefully, though.
- When Rynn tells you to meet their leader you can run through Hlondeth forever, because his appearance is chained to a global timer, which is not set. You will have to summon him via CreateCreature("cbgonast").
- Entering Hlondeth dungeon I had a CTD. Obviously the area files havenīt been copied during install. You can solve this by copying all files from the subfolder checkbod/ctb-arn into your override folder.

Master Vampire Quest
It wonīt trigger because the essential variable is not set. After finding Bodhis letter you have to set the CbVampireSubQuestStart variable to 1. Go to Neng Horse Ranch afterwards.

Helping Melynda
You canīt solve this quest without using NI or some other editor.
First if you talk to the cowled wizards, Melynda will vanish never to be seen again.
To solve this quest you have to talk to Melynda first, buy a piece of parchment for her to write down her story, she should give you the parchment back, but actually doesnīt, you have give it to you via clua/SK/NI. Same goes for the variable which her dialog should set cbhelpingmelinda=1. Then talk to the cowled wizards.

Female Wizard Quest
Quests work fine, but the rewards you get are worthless, because the cutscenes donīt apply the right spells to you.
The cutscene scripts only use applyspell(), which does nothing.
If you want the rewards you have to rewrite the scripts yourself and apply the appropiate spell.

Here are the names of the female wizard quests reward-cutscene-scripts:

1. quest
spells per level: CBCWTHM1
increased spellspeed: CBCWTHS1

2. quest
alchemy: CBCWTHa1
enchant weapon: CBCWTHe3
spells faster: CBCWTHs2

3. quest
spells per level: CBCWTHM3
spells/round: CBCWTHds
recall spell: CBCWTHwr

In these scripts change the line applyspell() e.g.
ApplySpellRES("cbcwthm1",LastTalkedToBy(Myself))
(the spell name is identical to the cutscene name in most cases)

Of Elves and Artifacts
Avoid this quest - it is highly bugged (it will destroy cromwell dig if you ask him about the crow)!

Ancient library
-In my install I had a CTD when entering the cave where the entrance to the library is located. This was because of to corrupt actor files. You will have to open the are file of the umar cave and delete those entries.
-I couldnīt open the door to the library, because the spot from where to open the door is on the other side (last time playing, I was able to open the door, so maybe no bug). You will have to clua in.

CBT and SOS
For some reason the SOS exit triggers in Waukeen promenade and the graveyard were not present in my install.
I donīt know if CTB is to blame or if this is a SOS-Weidu issue.
Anyway CTB seems to overwrite these two areas and to proceed the SOS story you have to clua yourself to the werewolf maze and the banelich hideout (I donīt have the area codes present, if anybody needs them I will look them up).

Have fun!

Edited by DesertRanger, 30 September 2005 - 07:57 AM.

#2 --kinneer--

--kinneer--

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:18 AM

Sounds like I will have a tough time ahead. Just like to add my little bits to this.

Company Of Eight breaks the Tashia mod because rather than taking you to the cave, it takes you to a different area. You will need to CLUA to the cave and then CLUA back out.

This quest is quite interesting but I would warn people to expect a really tough time ahead IF you also have Weimer's Tactics installed. At least I had a really tough time and had to cheat in order to get through it.

I don't think this quest had Weimer's Tactics mod in mind when it was made.

#3 --kinneer--

--kinneer--

Posted 29 September 2005 - 01:07 AM

I tried as you suggested with the master vampire quest but nothing seems to happen.

I killed Bodhi and got the letter. I did some other quests first and then travelled to the horse ranch.

There I met one vampire warning me not go further. If I continue to proceed, I meet a the owner but he doesn't say any other than no horse to buy. I tried using the letter but doesn't seem to do anything.

I checked the var and it is set, using SK. I tried upper and lower quest and always gets the same response.

Is there something else missing ?

Thanks.

#4 DesertRanger

DesertRanger
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 05:01 AM

Sorry, I was writing from memory and didnīt check the correct var name :( .
Try CbVampireSubQuestStart=1.

#5 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 02:38 PM

DesertRanger,

Good work!! :cheers: Did you do the Undead fight at the bridge? I also couldn't get Serovoke to talk to me in hell to move on to ToB. Were you able to move on to ToB?? I know there will be a new version of CtB out some time. :Poke: The better documented the bugs are the sooner it will be done. Would you like to do a proper walkthough for the board? :huh: You can have a :cookie: if you do?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#6 DesertRanger

DesertRanger
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 07:47 AM

Did you do the Undead fight at the bridge?

Well, yes, did you have any problems with it?

I also couldn't get Serovoke to talk to me in hell to move on to ToB.  Were you able to move on to ToB??

Didnīt have any problems with that and I donīt think CtB does anything with that portion of the game

:Poke:    The better documented the bugs are the sooner it will be done.  Would you like to do a proper walkthough for the board?    :huh:    You can have a  :cookie:  if you do?

View Post

I am afraid I wonīt be able to write a full walkthrough. There are a lot of CtB quests I never did (and probably will never do) like the Ranger-, Druid-, male Mage-, Barbarian-quests or the quests chained to the Bodhi way. Also I have never seen the Assassination-quests or Surayahīs wedding and I never solved the Ryberg-quest (didnīt have the patience to search all scripts to find out where to get that spell).

Maybe we can use this thread or a better named one to collect bugs and walks of the different quests.

#7 absalom

absalom
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 03:55 PM

Yay for detailed bug reporting!

I will try to fix/weidu all the errors reported, so keep them coming.

To show that I actually mean this:
BACKUP ~CTB_fix/backup~
AUTHOR ~*~

ALWAYS

REQUIRE_FILE ~data/ctb_ara.bif~ ~CTB not detected. Aborting.~

END

BEGIN ~Female Wizard Quest fixes~

COPY_EXISTING ~CBCWTHM1.bcs~ ~override~

DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~ApplySpell(LastTalkedToBy(Myself),0)~ ~ApplySpellRES("CBCWTHM1",LastTalkedToBy(Myself))~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

COPY_EXISTING ~CBCWTHS1.bcs~ ~override~

DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~ApplySpell(LastTalkedToBy(Myself),0)~ ~ApplySpellRES("CBCWTHS1",LastTalkedToBy(Myself))~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

COPY_EXISTING ~CBCWTHe3.bcs~ ~override~

DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~ApplySpell(LastTalkedToBy(Myself),0)~ ~ApplySpellRES("CBCWTHe3",LastTalkedToBy(Myself))~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

COPY_EXISTING ~CBCWTHs2.bcs~ ~override~

DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~ApplySpell(LastTalkedToBy(Myself),0)~ ~ApplySpellRES("CBCWTHs2",LastTalkedToBy(Myself))~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

COPY_EXISTING ~CBCWTHA1.bcs~ ~override~

DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~ApplySpell(LastTalkedToBy(Myself),0)~ ~ApplySpellRES("cbcwthm1",LastTalkedToBy(Myself))~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

COPY_EXISTING ~CBCWTHM3.bcs~ ~override~

DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~ApplySpell(LastTalkedToBy(Myself),0)~ ~ApplySpellRES("CBCWTHM3",LastTalkedToBy(Myself))~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

COPY_EXISTING ~CBCWTHds.bcs~ ~override~

DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~ApplySpell(LastTalkedToBy(Myself),0)~ ~ApplySpellRES("CBCWTHds",LastTalkedToBy(Myself))~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

COPY_EXISTING ~CBCWTHA1.bcs~ ~override~

DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~ApplySpell(LastTalkedToBy(Myself),0)~ ~ApplySpellRES("CBCWTHwr",LastTalkedToBy(Myself))~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

///////////////////

BEGIN ~Helping Mel*nda~

COPY_EXISTING ~CBSCHOOK.dlg~ ~override~

DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~GiveItem("CBSCLTTR",LastTalkedToBy(Myself))~ ~GiveItemCreate("CBSCLTTR",LastTalkedToBy(Myself),1,0,0)~
  COMPILE_D_TO_DLG

/////////////////

BEGIN ~Vampires~

<<<<<<<< .../CTB_fix/extvmp_inl.baf
IF
Global("CbVampireSubQuestStart","GLOBAL",0)
PartyHasItem("CB3597ST")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("CbVampireSubQuestStart","GLOBAL",1)
END
>>>>>>>>

EXTEND_TOP ~AR0809.bcs~ ~.../CTB_fix/extvmp_inl.baf~

/////////////////

BEGIN ~Dungeons of Hlondeth~

COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3661.mos~   ~override/CB3661.mos~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3661.wed~   ~override/CB3661.wed~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3661HT.bmp~ ~override/CB3661HT.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3661LM.bmp~ ~override/CB3661LM.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3661SR.bmp~ ~override/CB3661SR.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3662.mos~   ~override/CB3662.mos~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3662.wed~   ~override/CB3662.wed~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3662HT.bmp~ ~override/CB3662HT.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3662LM.bmp~ ~override/CB3662LM.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3662SR.bmp~ ~override/CB3662SR.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3663.mos~   ~override/CB3663.mos~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3663.wed~   ~override/CB3663.wed~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3663HT.bmp~ ~override/CB3663HT.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3663LM.bmp~ ~override/CB3663LM.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3663SR.bmp~ ~override/CB3663SR.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3664.mos~   ~override/CB3664.mos~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3664.wed~   ~override/CB3664.wed~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3664HT.bmp~ ~override/CB3664HT.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3664LM.bmp~ ~override/CB3664LM.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3664SR.bmp~ ~override/CB3664SR.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3665.mos~   ~override/CB3665.mos~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3665.wed~   ~override/CB3665.wed~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3665HT.bmp~ ~override/CB3665HT.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3665LM.bmp~ ~override/CB3665LM.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3665SR.bmp~ ~override/CB3665SR.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3666.mos~   ~override/CB3666.mos~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3666.wed~   ~override/CB3666.wed~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3666HT.bmp~ ~override/CB3666HT.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3666LM.bmp~ ~override/CB3666LM.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3666SR.bmp~ ~override/CB3666SR.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3667.mos~   ~override/CB3667.mos~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3667.wed~   ~override/CB3667.wed~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3667HT.bmp~ ~override/CB3667HT.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3667LM.bmp~ ~override/CB3667LM.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3667SR.bmp~ ~override/CB36867SR.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3668.mos~   ~override/CB3668mos~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3668.wed~   ~override/CB3668.wed~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3668HT.bmp~ ~override/CB3668HT.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3668LM.bmp~ ~override/CB3668LM.bmp~
COPY ~checkbod/ctb_arn/CB3668SR.bmp~ ~override/CB3668SR.bmp~

//////////////////////

BEGIN ~Hlondeth main quest~

<<<<<<<< .../CTB_fix/areaExp.baf
IF
Global("t#asti_timer1","GLOBAL",0)
Global("CbRynnsQuest","GLOBAL",3)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobalTimer("CbCanSpawnAstinarNow","GLOBAL",15)
SetGlobal("t#asti_timer1","GLOBAL",1)
END

IF
Global("t#asti_timer2","GLOBAL",0)
Global("CbRynnsQuest","GLOBAL",5)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobalTimer("CbCanSpawnAstinarAgain","GLOBAL",15)
SetGlobal("t#asti_timer2","GLOBAL",1)
END
>>>>>>>>

EXTEND_TOP ~AR3610.bcs~ ~.../CTB_fix/areaExp.baf~
EXTEND_TOP ~AR3611.bcs~ ~.../CTB_fix/areaExp.baf~
EXTEND_TOP ~AR3613.bcs~ ~.../CTB_fix/areaExp.baf~

/////////////////

//EOF

#8 DesertRanger

DesertRanger
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:30 AM

@absalom I take it you are working on a new (debugged) version of CtB??
If so I will try to overcome my laziness, organize my bug reports and report everything I found.

#9 absalom

absalom
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:20 PM

I take it you are working on a new (debugged) version of CtB??

I'm just creating a fixpack, and not a new version.

Anyway:

It seems like most of the class rewards spells are missing, so the rewards don't work.

Also, some items(dragon summoning ring) and spells don't actually do what they're supposed to.

Cromwell's dialog is buggy.

If I add anything it will be to allow thiefs to complete ranger's(or bard's) class quest, and make barbarian's quest available to fighters.

Also maybe some variety to "slay evil" class quests(each class to get it's own creature to defeat).

But I havent't done much work yet, so that will take some time.

So, if anyone finds CtB bugs, please report them, and I will try my best to fix them.

#10 DesertRanger

DesertRanger
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:38 AM

Ok, some more:

- Rybergs quest semms to be broken. There is a var which should enable a container in the rifthome area, but I canīt see where this var is set.

- same goes for the surayahīs wedding quest (I searched all dialogs and scripts for the CbCanDoWedding var).

- the man (cb513rel.cre) who sells the deed to the snowflake mountain hut is nowhere. If I see it right that should be triggered after the got ice quest.

- the random items of CtB donīt work. sometimes you will find treasure (often in the academy of kuldain) with items you cannot see (just empty slots). If you take them you take an invisible, unremovable item into your inventory which is quite annoying.

- Rynn, the NPC from Hlondeth seems to need some work. I find it rather strange that she leaves you after killing the yuan-ti in the house of extaminos, but takes all her items with her and gives you her body(!), which would imply she is dead(?). If I go back to Valiant in the smithy he becomes hostile. And I couldnīt find Rynn again.
Rather strange, I donīt think it should be like that.

p.s.: fem mage quest for the CBCWTHM3 cut scene you have to use the CBCWTHM1.spl again (one of the cases where cutscene and spl are not identically).
and you can add CBCWTHE1 for the enchant weapon reward after the first quest.

p.p.s: Whatīs the slay evil quest?

happy day!

#11 absalom

absalom
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:07 PM

- Rybergs quest semms to be broken. There is a var which should enable a container in the rifthome area, but I canīt see where this var is set.

And did you get Ceeb Isson to spawn, because I couldn't find such script?

- same goes for the surayahīs wedding quest (I searched all dialogs and scripts for the CbCanDoWedding var).

And what is funny is that the wedding used to work in previous versions of CtB.

- the man (cb513rel.cre) who sells the deed to the snowflake mountain hut is nowhere. If I see it right that should be triggered after the got ice quest.

I don't think these quest are connected. I think it is a mere convenience the cabin and the ice are on the same mountain.

I was thinking of putting Larrit somewhere in the Dock district.

- the random items of CtB donīt work. sometimes you will find treasure (often in the academy of kuldain) with items you cannot see (just empty slots). If you take them you take an invisible, unremovable item into your inventory which is quite annoying.

I searched the Academy and found 2 corrupted items(rndtre10 items only), but I have no idea what could cause this bug.

- Rynn, the NPC from Hlondeth seems to need some work. I find it rather strange that she leaves you after killing the yuan-ti in the house of extaminos, but takes all her items with her and gives you her body(!), which would imply she is dead(?). If I go back to Valiant in the smithy he becomes hostile. And I couldnīt find Rynn again.
Rather strange, I donīt think it should be like that.

Will fix.

I'll also fix the Temple of Mystra's locked Altar and infinite exp bug.

p.s.: fem mage quest for the CBCWTHM3 cut scene you have to use the CBCWTHM1.spl again (one of the cases where cutscene and spl are not identically).
and you can add CBCWTHE1 for the enchant weapon reward after the first quest.

Thanks.

p.p.s: Whatīs the slay evil quest?

The second class quest, the one to slay a demon near the demiliches area.

I was thinking about removing the one class quest per game rule, to allow NPCs
to complete them, and nerfing the rewards a little.

Edited by absalom, 08 October 2005 - 09:30 AM.

#12 absalom

absalom
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 06:15 PM

Uploaded: link

Edited by absalom, 13 October 2005 - 04:50 PM.

#13 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:14 PM

absalom

Please let King Diamond know of these fixes so he can incorporate them into the next version of CtB.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#14 absalom

absalom
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:15 PM

updated

And it seems the spellsung and the moonblade quests can't be completed because persephonium isn't in the game. Some Cromwell cutscenes are also missing.

#15 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:21 AM

Does anybody have a link to the latest non-WeiDU CtB version that supposed to work better than WeiDUed one?

Edited by King Diamond, 13 October 2005 - 01:28 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#16 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:43 AM

I am not sure which file you need, I have CtB_v148_GameFiles.exe (61.8mb), CtB_CoreFiles.exe (144mb), CtB_v151_Candlekeep.exe (1.49mb), CtB4BGT-BP.rar (41.7mb), CtB4BGT-BPv2.rar (47.6mb) that I could up load.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#17 absalom

absalom
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 12:12 PM

New version: link

Edited by absalom, 19 November 2005 - 11:29 AM.

#18 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:18 AM

I am not sure which file you need, I have CtB_v148_GameFiles.exe (61.8mb), CtB_CoreFiles.exe (144mb), CtB_v151_Candlekeep.exe (1.49mb), CtB4BGT-BP.rar (41.7mb), CtB4BGT-BPv2.rar (47.6mb) that I could up load.

If anybody has ANY older versions (148, 146,....) - I need SCRIPTS and SPELLS from those dusty stuff because it seems that the currently available v150 is very much incomplete and has numerous scripts and spells missing.
Please, try to attach it here...

(last update: 02-12-2008)
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#19 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:23 AM

Check your folder on the Wizard's site. :D

Files from CtB_v148_GameFiles.exe let me know if it worked. I think this covers everything, I did not look in CtB_CoreFiles.exe I think this has all th maps and stuff. If you think it would have more files I will dig though it or upload the whole files to the Wizards site. Thanks for your hard work! :cheers:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#20 --kinneer--

--kinneer--

Posted 11 November 2005 - 06:07 AM

I am having trouble at the Academy Of Kuldin. I am at the second level and my party got split. The problem is one half cannot go up and the other half cannot go down. I have the 'You must gather your party' blah blah message. So Is there anyway to resolve this ?

Should I even bother with this ? So far the only quest that worked was the Company Of Eight.

Thanks.