dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:42 PM

Heya, folks!

The LR 1.5.1. is here - with french tra files by Erszebeth. Download it here:

http://www.onlinefic...LongerRoad.html

She translated the whole mod all by herself - in one summer. I find it rather incredible. Now I feel really guilty for starting to work on russian translation myself but never making it.

Btw - if you want to translate the mod into any other languages - feel free to contact me.

:coolthumb:

PS:

Anybody who visits the French Forums - please post this information there.

Edited by dorotea, 07 October 2005 - 04:43 PM.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#2 Deadlok

Deadlok
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:17 AM

Can you tell us please if there are other changes/fixes to 1.5.1 besides the French translation ? Thank you!

#3 Erszebeth

Erszebeth
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:45 AM

I made a rather vast announcement on the French forums. That was quick work, Dorotea :cheers: !
Erszebeth, the french sideshow freak

#4 Warren

Warren
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:40 AM

Greetings,

I played "the longer Road" and it is my favourite MOD at the moment.
Thus, I am willing to translate it into german, if there is no requirement of programming skill, since I don't have any -.-.

I am from germany and I had no problems, understanding the story of "The Longer Road"

So if there is the possibility for me, translating the Mod, I would be glad doing it.
If not, delete the post, since I couldn't bear the "flame" approaching -_-; (kidding).

Warren

#5 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:36 PM

Thank you very much! I definitely want you to start working on the translation and don't hesitate to contact me for help. I have to say that previously I got at least 2 offers for the german translation - but have not heard from either of the would be translators for a very long time.

If by chance a conflict of interests will appear - I am positive we will be able to resolve it by setting up a cooperation council. ;)

By the way - anybody who offered their services before and started to work on the mod please post here if you made any progress or if it is ok for me to work with Warren from now on. If you will not post I assume you have decided to drop the project.

Once again thank you Warren, go ahead with translation and please keep in touch.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#6 Warren

Warren
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:17 AM

Allright,

It's not that I don't have anything to do in my freetime (practising hours for electric guitar competitions, orchestra etc.)

I would love to translate the Mod, since improving my english allways helps and I want to support such a Mod to get more common. I am also used to play pen & paper games such as D&D or DSA, so there is no problem for me, translating english from the middle ages into good old german.

Seems that there is no real passion in this german guys who want to translate the Mod, so tell me how the whole thing works...
Do you send me some text-files I have to translate afterwards?
I have no clue -.-.

Warren

Edited by Warren, 18 October 2005 - 11:18 AM.

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 October 2005 - 02:01 PM

?_?

What are you waiting for, let's the "pwnage" begin! :angry:

Sorry for my inadequate german behavior... (jk)

-Warren

#8 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 11:25 AM

Go ahead and translate it then. ;)

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#9 Warren

Warren
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:59 AM

Don't you have like a list of the dialogoues, or a text saved in a file?

Because I am not sure how to get all the dialogues, since it would take ages to get them all ingame...

#10 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:46 PM

Ah, sorry. I did not realize I have not answered the question. If you have the mod on your computer all you have to do to acess the dialog strings is open 'tra' folder: ...\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\LR\tra\english

Then as you open individual .tra file you will see a collection of strings organized rather like this:

@0 =~some text~
@1 = ~I don't trust you, Irenicus, and I never will; you better get used to it.~
@2 =~more text~
@xxx = ~more text~

In order to translate the mod you have to translate each of the strings inside each ...tra file, and put it back together - you can look at french and spanish folders to see how it is all organized. The trick is not to miss a single numbered line and to format the translated text in exact smae manner, i.e.

@xxx = ~german translation~

There are 65 tra files in the mod and each one has different number of text strings. If you miss anyhting I can always text your translation and email you with the exact number and location of the missing string. But, I know not a word of german - so the quality of the translation is up to you! ;)

Thank you once again - hopefully that was detailed enough answer.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#11 Warren

Warren
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:50 PM

Hi,

I started with the translation but need time because I am really busy with school at the moment. I also have a question:

Do you need german sound samples of Irenicus voice? I have some I could send to you. Anyway, do you have the english (original) samples as mp3 or wave or whatever and could send them to me? That would be cool cause I am interested in them.

Edited by Warren, 17 November 2005 - 02:51 PM.

#12 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:04 PM

Oops - sorry, I have no idea how I missed your post, but I did. Basically all the sounds are available via Near Infinity - if you have this little program 'acm2wav.exe' in your main BG II folder.

I never heard the german sounds - since I dont have the european version. It sounds like fun, sure! But how would you send them to me? The files must be really large. Same about english sounds ( by the way I absolutely adore David Warner's voice http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001831/photogallery) - they are simply too large even if I transfer them into ogg format. But they should be on your CD, I think? Not sure to be honest , never dealt with anything but english original.

Edited by dorotea, 01 December 2005 - 07:06 PM.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#13 Warren

Warren
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:26 AM

Hi,

Sorry, but I can't find the "acm2wav.exe"; I don't have it in my BG Main folder.

O_o

Warren

#14 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:34 PM

Get it here: Link and drop into your main BG II folder. Then get NI, here http://www.idi.ntnu....i/download.html if you dont have it yet and you can listen to all BG sounds.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#15 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:42 AM

Hello,

I saw that the download section still have the v1.5 with the spanish translation only.

Would it be possible to update it with the version 1.5.1, please?