Problems with BG!NPC

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Xamidjakh

Xamidjakh
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:18 PM

Hello,

I know some people have been having problems with BG-BGT-NeJ and the BG1NPCv2 mod. Specifically, interjection problems, dialogs that exited before they were supposed to, and especially problems with Imoen, dialog loops, her leaving the part randomly, etc. The only way to get rid of the problem was to uninstall BG1NPCv2, but I found out that if you install all the compenents except the interjections and quests, everything seems to work ok. The banters are still there, and you can talk to your party members, although not Imoen, she still leaves when you talk to her, but at least she will rejoin you right away. I dont know if this helps at all... but I was determined to get BG1NPCv2 working, at least part of it ;)

Edited 10/12/05
After further research I have found that this really doesnt fix all the problems, just some of them, Imoen is still all screwy, she just leaves everytime there is supposed to be a banter, oh well, have to live without BG1NPC... or without Imoen...

Edited by Xamidjakh, 12 October 2005 - 02:40 PM.

#2 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:29 PM

Yes for now forget BG1NPC with BGT (or BP+BGT) ,,, let's hope in future will work ;-)

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:29 AM

Gee, I didn't have any problems. Of course I use version 9 of BG1NPC on BGT-Weidu, but that may be the solution. Version 2 (which is really version 8) didn't have any problems for me either. Remember gang, I converted these over from Tutu, so I did have to test them. Version 1 of BG1NPC did have this problem with Imoen and some of the other NPCs. Now that I think about it, version 2(8) did but it was intermittent. I believe BGT-Weidu fixes Imoen's dialog so this problem goes away, or at least it didn't happen for me.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#4 Stave

Stave
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 10:35 AM

Yes Bob, but not everyone use Weidu version. J can't play without this mod its to great. The first version was good ( no problems whit banters), the second have problem whit Imoen dialogs. I check all npc dialogs( I think so...) and only Imoen dialogs cause problems. The only way J now to resolve this is to install BG1NPCv2 without banters or play without Imoen( I don't try this because I always take her to my party) . But even than Imoen leaves when you try talk to her or you enter to new location ( like Bergost), but at least she will rejoin you right away.
If you now how to fix this I will be very grateful. :cheers:
P.S.
Sorry for any bugs in text, English is my second language.

#5 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:47 PM

SirBB,

I still have BG1NPC4BGT-BPv8.rar should I up load them to the Wizard for thoes still useing BGT-BP un-WeiDU?

Sorry for any bugs in text, English is my second language.

View Post

Yes, we can tell, but no need to apologize you are very clear.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 04:42 PM

Right off hand I can't think of why the latest version wouldn't work with BGT-BP (other than I never installed it to test it). The mod is a conversion of the Tutu package. All needed files come from the mod itself.

Did BGT-Weidu change the name of Imoen (Imoen2) and her dialog files? I can't remember. There aren't any area changes that I can think of (AR3499, AR3498 always come to mind but if you have DSotSC in your BGT-BP game, you have those areas).

Does anyone want to try it? I may have time since I can't get the next CA install out the door before I travel this week. It will have to wait another week or so.

BGT-BP's Imoen dialog is buggy. I think the BGT-Weidu version has the fixes so she doesn't keep leaving. If so, installing version 9 on BGT-BP will not fix anything for you. It will still have the leaving bug.

Classic Adventures

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 05:54 PM

Okay, I don't have the older v2 (8) package for BGT-BP. However, I did try to install the newer version on a copy of BGT-BP. It was ugly and will not work. Dynaheir's dialog files are not the same between these mods. Her banter mod in BGT-Weidu is BDYNA but in BGT-BP it is BDYNAH. There are some area name changes also in BGT-Weidu (what is AR9799?). Anyway, I finally got down to the dialog install. Here is the fix for Imoen's dialog file:

REPLACE_STATE_TRIGGER IMOEN2J 64 ~HappinessLT(Myself,0) GlobalLT("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",2) !InParty(Myself)~

This adds in the condition that she cannot be in the party at the time she says "Well I guess it is good that I leave, you have changed" or something like that.

Anyway, that is the one that had her leaving the party. Now, it can't kick in unless she has already left the party for some reason. Also, my read on this is that you should only get this dialog if she wasn't happy with the current reputation level (I never did understand this HappinessLT/GT stuff). Since I usually play a Paladin that may be why I have never had the issue.

Chev, if you can either edit the X_Imoen.d file in the dialogs subfolder and add this at the top, or try the full D file attached, you should be able to make a new version of BG1NPC for BGT-BP. Upload it to the Wiz if you would please. I can send him an email explaining what you are posting.

By the way, the safe update is to cut-and-paste the code above instead of using my attached D file. This file is an edited version 9 of BG1NPC and may have issues with version 8. I included the file for anyone willing to try it in their game.

Attached Files

Classic Adventures

#8 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 02:33 AM

Okay, I don't have the older v2 (8) package for BGT-BP.  However, I did try to install the newer version on a copy of BGT-BP.  It was ugly and will not work.  Dynaheir's dialog files are not the same between these mods.  Her banter mod in BGT-Weidu is BDYNA but in BGT-BP it is BDYNAH.  There are some area name changes also in BGT-Weidu (what is AR9799?).  Anyway, I finally got down to the dialog install.  Here is the fix for Imoen's dialog file:

REPLACE_STATE_TRIGGER IMOEN2J 64 ~HappinessLT(Myself,0) GlobalLT("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",2) !InParty(Myself)~

This adds in the condition that she cannot be in the party at the time she says "Well I guess it is good that I leave, you have changed" or something like that.

Anyway, that is the one that had her leaving the party.  Now, it can't kick in unless she has already left the party for some reason.  Also, my read on this is that you should only get this dialog if she wasn't happy with the current reputation level (I never did understand this HappinessLT/GT stuff).  Since I usually play a Paladin that may be why I have never had the issue.

Chev, if you can either edit the X_Imoen.d file in the dialogs subfolder and add this at the top, or try the full D file attached, you should be able to make a new version of BG1NPC for BGT-BP.  Upload it to the Wiz if you would please.  I can send him an email explaining what you are posting.

By the way, the safe update is to cut-and-paste the code above instead of using my attached D file.  This file is an edited version 9 of BG1NPC and may have issues with version 8.  I included the file for anyone willing to try it in their game.

View Post

AR9799 is Ulcaster Exterior. If in doubt, look at the nice BGT map graphic in the DevDoc with the dodgy yellow AR# labels on it.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#9 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 04:37 AM

Ah, okay. Unfortunately, I was working with BGT-BP so this area isn't called that. I remembered an area on the east side that was different but I forgot which one it was. BG1NPC updates that area to have a forest flag, thus allowing for any banters or comments about forests (which may be stretching the definition of a forest ;)).

Classic Adventures

#10 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 08:47 PM

With BG1NPC4BGT-Weidu-v9.rar I still get some banters between NPC's that only the first line is said. Something like Khalid "Imoen stop that right now" I don't get Imoens reply. Banters with PC seem to work just fine.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:36 AM

So the dialog files that version 8 updates are not the same files that version 9 updates. I figured Imoen would be a problem. If I remember right, BGT-Weidu uses IMOEN2J and BIMOEN2, these may not be the same dialog files in BGT-BP. They may exists but are probably not the files assigned to Imoen. Therefore, banters start but point to a response in a file not assigned to the other NPC. Another good reason to not use version 9 with BGT-BP. However, Chev I thought you were testing BP so therefore you do have BGT-Weidu, correct? Imoen responded for me just fine. Could BP's beta be an issue?

Classic Adventures

#12 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:31 PM

No BP installed just SoS-WeiDU, TDD-WeiDU, TS-WeiDU, BGT-WeiDU, DSotSC-WeiDU, NTotSC-WeiDU This happens with other NPC's not just Imoen, as I continue to play I will keep my eye on which work and which ones don't. I would say right now it is about 50/50 if it works or not. Always work if PC- NPC banters.

Can you belive that?? All those mods working together with no compatibility patch!!!!!!! :D :rolleyes:

I finnished testing BP 1.70 beta so am testing KD's WeiDU versions untill horred gets the next version of BP out.

Edited by Chevalier, 16 October 2005 - 09:45 PM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#13 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:20 PM

Can you belive that??  All those mods working together with no compatibility patch!!!!!!!  :D  :rolleyes:

That was the whole point. Glad it seems to be working. :coolthumb:

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)