Photo

Issue while installing TSv6.03

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 02:49 PM

When installing TS6.03 I came across a small issue. For some reason the .ogg files are not being coppied to the override directory. It gave me file not found errors. You have to copy them manually to override before installing. Also it looks for a file called thumbs.db, I just created a blank text document and named it so. Not sure why it wants a system folder file.

Before installing TS I had Baldurdash1.5, TDD1.05 weidu + fixpatch, and Sos1.05 weidu and its fixpatch

NEJ2 is having these problems as well.

Wiped my bg2 directory and started again clean, still had errors, I'll try looking at the debug file and making sure all the needed files get included. Hopefully this works

--EDIT---
Figured out what was wrong. For some reason the installer wants you to have Class.ids in your override directory. it uses this to check if you have the latest TOB patch installed. I had to extract it using NI. NEJ2 and TS6 installers worked perfectly after that.

Class.ids was not in my override folder and my install was a clean SOA+TOB install with no mods except baldurdash (didnt work without BD either). So this appears to be a bug.

Also, the cd crack program that comes with NEJ2 does not work, it is missing a dll file.

Edited by kharan5876, 17 October 2005 - 04:45 PM.

#2 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:40 PM

NEJ will only work with the original baldurdash. it wont work with the new 1.5 weidu version. you can edit the tp2 to remove the offending lines but dont expect Vlad to help you if you have problems (which you will)

ronin