#21 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:58 PM

Improved thief stronghold.

View Post

Probably correct. I tried using the patch on his site that 'supposedly' makes it compatable with TDD. Forgot that one was a "N" on the compatablity list. Been so long since I played the big two I forgot.

Still would love a copy of the correct file though.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#22 radish_hoedown

radish_hoedown
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 11:10 PM

ouch, shouldn't that be easy to make compatible?

#23 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:36 AM

A store in SoS named overgold.sto has the name:

SUREBLADE DEFEATED:

You heave a sigh and briefly survey the damage of the tower's upper floor in Lyrar's Hold. The room is a mess: stains of splattered blood- both Rolf's and your own- create random patterns of death on the walls, furnishings are scratched, sliced, and crushed to kindling, and metal plates of broken armor litter the floor.
It was a monumental battle, one you will remember for all your days as an adventurer. The battle with Rolf Sureblade, who lies dead at your feet, ranks as high in your mind as such battles as that you have had with foes like Sarevok below the city of Baldur's Gate, the first time you encountered a hostile gnoll, the battle you had against a Demon Knight deep in the dungeons of Durlag's Tower, the first time you slew a dragon, battling against fighters and mages of the Cult of the Dragon, and fighting your way out of the Underdark with drow at your heels.
Your quests as an adventurer have taken you to many exotic places, many fantastic worlds, and allowed you to meet all types of folk- both good and bad- from Faerūn and other worlds too. But, by the same token, your adventurers have taken their toll on you, soul and body, and you are tired.
Leaning heavily on the grip of your weapon, Rolf lies dead at your feet. With his death, Soubar and the entire River Chionthar Valley can return once again to its peaceful state. Without a leader to guide them in acts of oppression, the remaining brigands and bandits still holed up in Lyrar's are bound to disperse. Yet you still have one more task to take care of to finish this business, clearing the Shadows Over Soubar: reporting your success to the Major of Soubar. It will not take you long to return there, and you hope that with the completion of these missions, the Major will see fit to release you from the militia, where you can choose to continue your adventures in Amn or Tethyr, or settle down to a nice fireplace hearth at a home-like inn.

the items are there to buy and sell but the name is incredibely long.

ronin

#24 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:18 AM

A store in SoS named overgold.sto has the name: 

SUREBLADE DEFEATED:

You heave a sigh and briefly survey the damage of the tower's upper floor in

TDD Fix #1 updated (that is a TDD store).

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#25 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:45 AM

KD - If it isn't too much trouble, could you change the fix # when you add to the fix? This would help to keep a better tab on what is installed. Fix#1 has been updated several times so it is hard to know at a glance which fix#1 you have. Also makes it hard to know what somebody has installed for testing/bug reporting.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#26 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:34 AM

Good idea, also, do we need to actually do a complete reinstall? or can we just dump something in our override?

ronin

#27 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:21 AM

Good idea, also, do we need to actually do a complete reinstall?  or can we just dump something in our override?

ronin

View Post

Ok, I'll increment the number in my signature, but not inside the mod's script 'coz it's just not worth the efforts... :)
And I think I already wrote somewhere already. All following fixes will be cumulative and won't require full mod's reinstalling. Just remove the previous fix, download the new fix and install it.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#28 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 12:36 AM

I noticed another possible bug. The barbarian (from the tribe outside the cave) who asks you to rescue the king has the display picture of a shield (that looks alot like a nipple, btw).

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#29 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 02:31 AM

I noticed another possible bug. The barbarian (from the tribe outside the cave) who asks you to rescue the king has the display picture of a shield (that looks alot like a nipple, btw).

View Post

*** EDIT ***
Ah, ok, I see that. It's not a nipple, it's his helmet :P

Edited by King Diamond, 21 October 2005 - 02:35 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#30 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 04:37 AM

removed

ronin

Edited by ronin69hof, 21 October 2005 - 11:37 PM.

#31 -Ether-

-Ether-

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:53 AM

I installed the new Weidu TDD + SoS mods and ran through the Planar Sphere quest. I pretty much did everything in the sphere except for fighting the golems that spawn after you jumpstart the sphere engines - but when I take the dying wizard outside I get no quest xp at all. I don't know if its an issue with both mods or one of them, but I'm listing it here because I'd sure like my due 45,500xp. <_<

#32 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:11 AM

I installed the new Weidu TDD + SoS mods and ran through the Planar Sphere quest. I pretty much did everything in the sphere except for fighting the golems that spawn after you jumpstart the sphere engines - but when I take the dying wizard outside I get no quest xp at all. I don't know if its an issue with both mods or one of them, but I'm listing it here because I'd sure like my due 45,500xp. <_<

View Post

Plz try this:
- use NI to open LAVOK02.CRE and set his CLASS script to None,
or
- open LAVOK02.BCS, remove everything there and save it again.

Try to bring him out of Sphere once again.

It should help. If so, that is another original game bug we found.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#33 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:55 AM

There's another bug found when Shadows do not die when the light is turned on :D in the Shadow Temple (AR140x areas). So, plz notice, that this issue is known about and eliminated... No fix at the moment...

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#34 -Ether-

-Ether-

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:49 PM

There's another bug found when Shadows do not die when the light is turned on  :D  in the Shadow Temple (AR140x areas).  So, plz notice, that this issue is known about and eliminated... No fix at the moment...

View Post

I was wondering why they didn't just drop dead :lol:

#35 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:38 AM

are they supposed to die when you turn on the light? for real? it's been so long since i've played BGII (as distinct from BP, of course) that i dont remember: in BP, they have never died when i've turned on the light - they just arrive in larger numbers. i always thought it was supposed to be like that.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#36 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:53 AM

are they supposed to die when you turn on the light? for real? it's been so long since i've played BGII (as distinct from BP, of course) that i dont remember: in BP, they have never died when i've turned on the light - they just arrive in larger numbers. i always thought it was supposed to be like that.

View Post

Yes, they should die. And that is all about duplicating SHADOW entries in RACE.IDS: 149 and 132. 149 value is always applied when you recompiling something but that is exactly the WRONG value... :blush:

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#37 -Ether-

-Ether-

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:44 PM

its me again, there's a bug w/ the DeNise Stronghold that you get as a fighter class hero

After the 2nd mini quest - answering the complaint about some castle guardsman stealing your stuff - I went to the 2nd floor. But when I tried to go back to the 1st floor, the game would stop loading and lock up. I thought it was just some odd quirk, so I go back out on questing for some 10 odd in-game days. But even when I came back to the keep to do the 3rd mini quest, the game won't load the 1st level.

#38 -Ether-

-Ether-

Posted 28 October 2005 - 06:38 AM

I figured out the cause of the bug. After I completed the 2nd mini quest, the xp that was rewarded leveled up my Korgan. If I leveled him up Korgan while he was on the 1st floor, the game would automatically crash when I exit and try to re-enter the 1st floor of the stronghold. If I didn't level him up, everything runs fine.

I hope there's also a fix for this, cuz otherwise I'd have to go through the whole Tazok area again :(

#39 ether

ether
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 07:26 AM

(decided to just register so I can edit future posts later on)

It doesn't matter where or when Korgan levels up, or even before or after I do the 2nd De'Arnise Hold mini quest. I took him to Windspear Hills for a quick level up, went back to the keep, and the game crashes when I try to enter the first floor.

EDIT #1: It doesn't matter who levels up. I dropped Korgan right outside, did the 2nd mini quest, took everyone to Windspear Hills, had both Korgan and Jan Jansen leveled up, brought my party back to De'Arnise Hold, and the game still locks up when I try to enter the 1st floor. (It's worth noting I didn't level Korgan up when I could have, but I leveled Jan up tho before taking my party inside.)

EDIT #2: I didn't bother noting this before, but I noticed that suddenly 85-90% of the NPC populace that roams around Trademeet just suddenly disappeared - including all of the merchants except for the gnome in the light blue robe. No idea what caused that one, but it was after I did the druid quest, after I stole a bunch of stuff from a merchant in a tent (this didn't cause it though because I stole a necklace of missiles in an experiment and the NPCs didn't go AWOL that game), and before I went into the tavern.

(would it be helpful if I cut-and-pasted a list of errors the NI program found? there were like 68 errors or inconsistencies or what not and I don't know how the crap to use it on my own)

EDIT #3: Seriously tho am I screwed :(

FINAL EDIT: Seems I'm not. Its chapter 6, all my party members are well over level 20, and I can now enter the 1st floor of De'Arnise Hold as if everything was perfectly normal. Wierd. In addition, the disappearing NPCs take some reloading or some time before they appear again.

Edited by ether, 02 November 2005 - 04:48 PM.

#40 Silver Raven

Silver Raven
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:00 PM

I confirm the crash to desktop when u try to travel to Small Teeth Pass (i'm sure it's related to the mess up on map)

Watcher Keep Dungeon icon missing , replaced by the Small Teeth Pass (already travelled, but the bug is known)

Actually i have 2 small teeth pass icon on my map :P

well the workaround seems to use alot the console

AR1700 (ain't sure it's the same for the darkest day, although the inn entrance near the lake is present here, and this inn is part of TDD ) and just use either the cheat codes or spawn the npc to get out the lake (but i don't know his name or variable)

Edited by Silver Raven, 09 November 2005 - 03:23 PM.