• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:20 PM

I am looking for English versions of soundsets from NWN and it?s expansion to use in the classic adventures MOD. I would be very grateful for any help.

Edited by leahnkain, 20 October 2005 - 09:19 PM.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#2 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:19 PM

I should be more specific. I really need all of Valen?s sounds, including usless sounds like yes, my love. I am also looking for all Sharwyn sounds too. I would like to use their voices for two important NPC?s and my version of NWN doesn't have their sounds in English so?if someone can spend some time to help, I would greatly appreciate your kindness. Feel free to email me if you can help.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#3 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:52 PM

I believe Pain Elemental still has the Sharwyn voice files from the original campaign up on a previous thread.

Anyway,
Here are Sharwyn's voice files (including all junk conversation files) from Hordes of the Underdark.

First and Second halves of Valen's voice files. (Geocities have a upload limite of 5 MB, so they are split in two)

Tell me when you are done with them, since they take up pretty much all of the Geocities storage I'm using.

(Of course, you can help me locate a larger online file storage place :P ).

#4 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:24 AM

I keep getting this message:

We're sorry, but this page is currently unavailable for viewing.
If this site belongs to you, please read this help page for more information and assistance.

For general questions see our main help area, or search for other member pages.

If you can contact me I can send you my email address. Thank you so much!!!

#5 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:31 AM

I managed to get them all. You wouldn't also happen to have Tomi's voiceset? Thank you so much!!!

Edited by leahnkain, 21 October 2005 - 06:56 AM.

#6 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:37 PM

I keep getting this message:

We're sorry, but this page is currently unavailable for viewing.
If this site belongs to you, please read this help page for more information and assistance.

For general questions see our main help area, or search for other member pages.

If you can contact me I can send you my email address. Thank you so much!!!

View Post

Geocities is notorious for its low data transfer quota (I believe the Japanese version of Geocities is also known for this feature). You will get that message if you try to download too much at once. The best advice I can give you is to wait an hour and try again (and again, and again. :wall: )

You wouldn't also happen to have Tomi's voiceset?

Very devious of you. Asking for small parts one by one instead of the "I am looking for English versions of soundsets from NWN and it?s expansion" request. :devil:

Anyway, here are Tomi's voice files from Hordes of the Underdark. The dialog is slightly different from that of the original campaign. Valen's voice files have been removed to make room for this.

#7 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:08 AM

Thank you so much!!! you saved me from buying an english version! I only need the swashbuckler soundset(if anyone can help) and then I have everything I need for now!

#8 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:31 PM

Thank you so much!!! you saved me from buying an english version! I only need the swashbuckler soundset(if anyone can help) and then I have everything I need for now!

View Post

The mature swashbucker soundset is the same as that of Vengaul Bloodsail. I've included the extra conversation files in the package.

You know, if you were looking for characters with interesting accents (mentioned in your original unmodified message, I believe) why didn't you choose Annah's (Planescape: Torment) voiceset? :doh:

#9 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 23 October 2005 - 04:37 AM

Thank you very much! I am truly grateful!

#10 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:00 AM

I believe Pain Elemental still has the Sharwyn voice files from the original campaign up on a previous thread.

View Post

Yeah, I checked my link and it still works :)
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#11 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 23 October 2005 - 03:33 PM

I am very grateful for all of your help. The soundsets will be used for Classic adventures which is a total conversion MOD. There are a lot of NPC?s and that is why I was hoping to get a lot of various voicesets to spice up the NPC?s. The problem with torment is most MODS have used Annah?s and Fall from Graces voiceset too many times. I want the NPC?s to be fresh and interesting. I may still need another young sounding female and male, I am rall happy I didn?t have to buy the game again in English. Thanks again!

#12 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:04 AM

Quiet Lurker yuo wouldn't happen to have Linu La'Neral, Nathyrra and Aribeth voicesets and complete sounds? sorry to trouble you. thank you so much, maybe I can help you in the future.

Edited by leahnkain, 19 November 2005 - 09:39 AM.

#13 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:10 PM

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound?
If a call for help to a non-member comes from a month old thread, does the caller expect an answer? :P

Sorry. But you have to admit, the chances of anyone answering your post are very, very slim. :D

Furthermore, you are asking way too much for most free webhosting space to allow. (Asking for many small requests will yield a higher probability of a response than one giant request. ;) )

Anyway, here are Part 1 and Part 2 of Nathyrra's voice files.

As before, tell me when you are done with them so I can free up space. ^_^

Please clarify: Linu and Aribeth's voice files: Original campaign or Hordes of the Underdark?
If the latter,
Aribeth: Good or evil voice files?

Is it just me, or is it a pain in the rear-end to add smilies on this new input system? :Poke:

#14 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:28 PM

Thank you so much. I got the files. I am looking for Linu and Aribeth's voice files Original campaign and Hordes of the Underdark.As for Aribeth her good and evil voice files. I know it is alot, I am sorry to have asked alot at once. Thank you so much!!!
BTW you should join the board. You would be welcome by the community and we may be able to help you.

#15 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:54 PM

:blink: :blink: :blink:

A lot is an understatement. :devil:
Are you aware that Aribeth has over 500 lines of dialog in the original Neverwinter Nights?
Are you absolutely sure that you need all of them? :ph34r:

Anyway, here are:
Aribeth's Evil and Good voice files for Hordes of the Underdark
Linu's voice files from Neverwinter Nights.

Inform me when you are done.

#16 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:00 AM

I have downloaded files...Linu's, Aribeth's Evil and Good voice files for Hordes of the Underdark. Thank you so much!!! You will be credited for all of this trouble. I am extremely thankful.

Edited by leahnkain, 22 November 2005 - 07:30 AM.

#17 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:41 AM

I get this when unziping the file:
AribethXP2Evil.zip: The archive is corrupt
AribethXP2Evil.zip: CRC failed in vs_nx2arief_86.mp3. The file is corrupt
Live Free Or Die

#18 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:11 PM

I get this when unziping the file:
AribethXP2Evil.zip: CRC failed in vs_nx2arief_86.mp3. The file is corrupt

Ah, a Microsoft Internet Explorer user I see. :devil:

Internet Explorer is notorious for marking an idle download as "complete" if no activity is detected for an extended period of time, and Geocities is notorious for going idle when too much activity is occuring at once (especially when more than one file is being downloaded at the same time.) Combine the two and chances are you downloaded an incomplete file.

If this occurs in the future, clean your IE cache (early versions of IE wouldn't bother checking the online version if a copy already exists in its cache, even if it's incomplete. Then try, try, try again. (The point is probably moot now, since the file will soon be offline. :P)

Anyway leahnkain, here are Linu's voice files for Hordes of the Underdark. Unless you ask me specifically, I'm going to assume that you don't need Aribeth's voices files from the original campaign, and we'll leave it at that. ^_^

#19 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:21 PM

Thank you, I got all of the files I need, you can remove them all from your hosted site. You really should become a member. If you ever need help, please contact me and I will do my best. Thanks to you Classic adventures has enough female soundsets. I am only looking for one more soundset a young pleasant sounding young man. I don't recall NWN having one. Unless I am missing someone. Anyway please try classic adventures a new update is going to happen soon!

#20 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:54 AM

Ah, a Microsoft Internet Explorer user I see

nope Firefox thank you

anyway thanks for the soundsets we have a little thing called community assets over at Blackwyrm and they will be going on there. if you have any other resorces that you think would be of some use to the IE modding community please feel free to let me know. animations are always good too.

Edited by Sir-Kill, 23 November 2005 - 05:56 AM.

Live Free Or Die