Photo

2 Small BGT bug reports

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 04:00 PM

Edwin has the wrong face portrait. His small face is set to GENMHLFS.BMP and his large face is MAN2S.BMP.

Also, I had cleared the gnoll stronghold and freed dynaheir before even visitng nashkel. Edwin didn't seem to know this and upon recruiting him I got the Meddling Mages quest journal entry. It seems this quest will be unsolvable since shes already gone.

Minsc does the same thing, and if you recruit edwin, drop him then recruit minsc edwin will not even notice minsc in the party and will rejoin like normal if you ask him to.

There is an error on the Nashkel map. The marker that is overtop of the windmill has the wrong string, it says "I ain't got no directions for you, except to get out of my way. I ain't staying another moment in this town now"

Edited by kharan5876, 29 October 2005 - 04:29 PM.

#22 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 10:44 PM

Edwin has the wrong face portrait. His small face is set to GENMHLFS.BMP and his large face is MAN2S.BMP.

Also, I had cleared the gnoll stronghold and freed dynaheir before even visitng nashkel. Edwin didn't seem to know this and upon recruiting him I got the Meddling Mages quest journal entry. It seems this quest will be unsolvable since shes already gone.

Minsc does the same thing, and if you recruit edwin, drop him then recruit minsc edwin will not even notice minsc in the party and will rejoin like normal if you ask him to.

There is an error on the Nashkel map. The marker that is overtop of the windmill has the wrong string, it says "I ain't got no directions for you, except to get out of my way. I ain't staying another moment in this town now"

All notes, thanks. What level Edwin is the one with the wrong portraits?

The Minsc/Edwin/Dynaheir thing is interesting because I think classic BG doesn't account for this either, especially having Minsc and Edwin in the party together. Not really sure what to do about that, because I don't think there is any existing animosity dialogues between M and E.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#23 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 06:16 AM

2all
Plz, don't post "bugs" here if you have anything installed beside mods that mentioned in BGT-WeidU Readme compatibility section 'coz it's damn annoying and take a huge time to track non-existing BGT bugs...

2 Ascension64
I'd suggest you don't bother yourself with such things...

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#24 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:37 AM

What level Edwin is the one with the wrong portraits?

Its Edwin6

If you all don't want my help I'll stop posting bugs. I just want to assist while enjoying these great mods.

#25 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 06:15 PM

Kharan, the problem is that you have too many mods that haven't been tested with BGT yet. NeJ2 being a problem with the TDD/SoS mods right now. Who knows what those incompatibilities are doing to BGT. I would recommend that until we get BGT out of beta, leave the SoA mods out of the game until after you have completed the BG1 part of the game.

To all, BG1NPC does add some new code to area scripts but does not touch the existing code for an area. Therefore, if the code says to create Imoen, BG1NPC does nothing to change this. Same with Garrick. So if you have problems with NPCs showing up, you have some other mod causing this problem. We have all installed and played BGT-Weidu enough to know that the problem is not in BGT-Weidu.

Kagain's quest is broken in the original game. BG1NPC fixes it by adding some bandits, the necklace, and the ability to go to the Duke's home and tell them what happened. This never works right without BG1NPC. Therefore, if you find a bug in this quest, I need to look at it. Don't bother Ascension with it. Your best place to post those issues is in the DSotSC (because there is no other spot!). Also, check with the G3 site to see if it is a known bug already.

Last thing and most important, if you don't know what is in a mod (what changes it makes to the original game), please, PLEASE, do not go installing a crap load of these mods and then go telling the world things don't work and you don't know which mod caused it. We are trying to fix the bugs here, not solve compatibility issues between the mods (not yet anyway). Once you have used a few mods and you know what they do and what they change, then try to help us with compatibility issues. The best way is by stating what happend and which mods you have installed. I am not talking about any individual here in this thread, just about some of the bizarre posts in general that we see that several of us have to try to figure out what the hell the poster is talking about.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#26 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:17 PM

Kagain's quest is broken in the original game. BG1NPC fixes it by adding some bandits, the necklace, and the ability to go to the Duke's home and tell them what happened. This never works right without BG1NPC. Therefore, if you find a bug in this quest, I need to look at it. Don't bother Ascension with it. Your best place to post those issues is in the DSotSC (because there is no other spot!). Also, check with the G3 site to see if it is a known bug already.

This is interesting because BGT-WeiDU 'fixes' the Kagain quest as well, where ES's son is found dead in the area east of Candlekeep with bandits. If this conflicts with BG1NPC in any way, I shall remove it.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#27 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:38 AM

This is interesting because BGT-WeiDU 'fixes' the Kagain quest as well, where ES's son is found dead in the area east of Candlekeep with bandits. If this conflicts with BG1NPC in any way, I shall remove it.

So we'll have Kagain's quest broken once again without BG1NPC installed?
Just make a compatibility section for that but don't remove stuff....

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#28 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:20 AM

I need to work on version 11 of BG1NPC, so I will see what you have and make sure BG1NPC doesn't "fix" your fix.

Classic Adventures

#29 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 05:00 PM

So we'll have Kagain's quest broken once again without BG1NPC installed?
Just make a compatibility section for that but don't remove stuff....

In classic BG, doesn't Kagain just say he gives up on finding ES's son as soon as you enter that area? If so, I wouldn't say that the quest is actually 'broken', but just 'never intended to be finished' (or BioWare forgot about it or didn't have time to make a good conclusion to that quest). Again, I would consider extending the quest a tweak rather than a fix, because it does come to a conclusion, although not that satisfying for the player. Any comments?

--------------
Retired Modder

#30 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

Order of the Radiantly Radiant

• 1468 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 05:34 PM

I for one would love to see Kagain's quest go beyond "I've got a little job for you, O bugger that let's go kill something instead"
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

Xtreme Versatility? Xpress Yourself!

#31 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:13 PM

I would agree with Jyzabyl

#32 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:18 AM

In classic BG, doesn't Kagain just say he gives up on finding ES's son as soon as you enter that area? If so, I wouldn't say that the quest is actually 'broken', but just 'never intended to be finished' (or BioWare forgot about it or didn't have time to make a good conclusion to that quest). Again, I would consider extending the quest a tweak rather than a fix, because it does come to a conclusion, although not that satisfying for the player. Any comments?

I think it is very easy to let him found the dead boy (as it is in BGT right now) and then to find a bunch of bandits with some necklace (or whatever BG1NPC adds) to reconsider that he still need to bring it back to boy's father....

Edited by King Diamond, 01 November 2005 - 12:19 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#33 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:14 AM

I think it is very easy to let him found the dead boy (as it is in BGT right now) and then to find a bunch of bandits with some necklace (or whatever BG1NPC adds) to reconsider that he still need to bring it back to boy's father....

SBB, basically what KD said is all that happens in BGT. See what you can do about the bandits bit.

--------------
Retired Modder

#34 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:49 PM

Will do. Version 11 will be built on BGT beta 4 so I will make sure the two don't conflict.

Classic Adventures

#35 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:04 AM

I have reinstalled and gotten rid of Nej, also used TS BP 6.04

~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.5 WeiDU
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #0 #1 // Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day,  v105 WeiDU
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits
~SETUP-TDD-FIX1.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v105 WeiDU - PATCH #1
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v105 WeiDU
~SETUP-SOS-FIX1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v105 WeiDU - PATCH #1
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.04 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // "Tortured Souls"
~SETUP-BGT-MAIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core
~SETUP-BGT-MAIN.TP2~ #0 #1 // OPTIONAL: Baldur's Gate Trilogy - XP Reduction for traps, locks, and spells
~SETUP-BGT-MAIN.TP2~ #0 #2 // OPTIONAL: Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Intelligent EscapeArea()
~SETUP-BGT-MAIN.TP2~ #0 #3 // OPTIONAL: Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Menu Screens
~SETUP-BGT-MAIN.TP2~ #0 #4 // OPTIONAL: Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Change Elminster wielding sword to Elminster wielding staff in start screen
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.72 Mod
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Area .tis files. (Required)
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.32 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Now for the decompression of area .tis files.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project for BGT-Weidu: Core Install
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // Non-joinable character portraits
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // Coran's Romance (Rated: R)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #45 // Install Player-Initiated Dialogues
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.00 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install the new areas?  This must be done at least once!
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - Big Picture compatibility mod including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #1 // Setup default worldmap location visibility (recommended)
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Everything but Potions
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #1 // New Potion Graphics
~SETUP HHMOD V02B.TP2~ #0 #0 // Heaven and Hell Kits
(HHMOD is just a couple of kits, spells, and items I use for my characters)

I am continueing my save game from the last install, hopefully it won't mess up too many things.

When rescueing Xan you have 3 things you can say to him, one is to accept him into the party, 2 is to reject him, and three is to ask him a question.
Choose the third option "How did you come to be trapped in such a inhospitable place?"

After that you will be presented with the same three choices. Choosing option 3 again will produce the same result as option 2.

In AR3900, the outdoor area after the nashkel mines, there is an NPC named Lamalha that has a party of 5 other members with her. She speaks to you and then attacks you. 2 of the npcs with her, Elka and Natalka start out agressive(red) as soon as you see them, the rest of the party starts out neutral(blue).

Edited by kharan5876, 06 November 2005 - 11:11 AM.

#36 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 02:33 PM

I think those 2 are the addons from NTotSC for this area. I will have to go back and look at the script. Since I just imported CRE files from the original game, it is possible that they had set these 2 as hostile. It does make better sense for them to not be (yet).

Classic Adventures

#37 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:32 PM

I think those 2 are the addons from NTotSC for this area. I will have to go back and look at the script. Since I just imported CRE files from the original game, it is possible that they had set these 2 as hostile. It does make better sense for them to not be (yet).

KD made all the NPCs that have INITDLG followed by Response Enemy() start neutral instead of hostile, so it could also be an artifact.

--------------
Retired Modder

#38 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:39 PM

I did some testing on a clean BG2 install with only BGT

Went to edit a character in NI. When I tried to add an item to his inventory I got a couple "Error Reading <Itemname>" messages. The items were:
IPLOT01K.ITM
IPLOT04G.ITM
IPLOT04H.ITM
IPLOT04I.ITM

Update on Kagains quest:
I went to the caravan where the bandit is supposed to be that drops the crown. She was not there. I went to Beregost and got Kagain and went back, she still never showed up. Kagain saw the body and walked over to it. He had some dialogue and then asked if he could join the party. I guess the issue with the quest is a BG1NPC problem?

Imoen and Garrick appear like normal, probably safe to assume this bug is due to Nej2 or something else.

Talking to Perdue did give me a quest journal entry this time. I did not get one before. It may be related to another mod.

Edited by kharan5876, 07 November 2005 - 04:27 PM.

#39 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 01:27 AM

Bugfixes updated on the appropriate post in the pinned area. Here, I only state the bug reports I didn't fix and the results from those (comments in brackets []). I apologise for the log-like style that makes a rather unfriendly read...

Not Fixed:
-(14Nov05)Edwin has the wrong face portrait. His small face is set to GENMHLFS.BMP and his large face is MAN2S.BMP.
[Not due to BGT-WeiDU]

-(14Nov05)Gnolls and gibberlings death count do not increment if they are killed too fast.
[noted]

-(14Nov05)The ambient sound is Tazok's tent (AR8701) is that of birds chirping.
[may be intentional, since all the bandit tents in that area have the same 'song ambient' reference]

-(14Nov05)25 clones of Rededge during the Narlen Darkwalk thieving quests.
[Rededge doesn't even appear in BGT-WeiDU during those quests]

-(14Nov05)And another one : captain Scar asked me to check the sewers; i did, and i killed everything (the ogre mage, the Sewer King, Ratchild), but when i talk to him. I can only tell him i didn't find anything worth noticing, and he said 'Too bad' and sent me to talk to Duke Eltan who's telling me to check the Iron Throne. However, after that i cannot find Scar anymore, to receive the Seven Suns quest. Am i doing sth wrong, or the quests are flawed?
[to get the Seven Suns quest, you must accept the mission from Scar when he meets at you at the bridge to Baldur's Gate. The Sewers quest should be finishable if you have killed the Ogre Mage in the sewers. If that didn't happen, then something has gone wrong, which doesn't like look it has to do with BGT-WeiDU. Does any other mod alter Scar's dialogue in any way?]

-(14Nov05)If you recruit edwin, drop him then recruit minsc edwin will not even notice minsc in the party and will rejoin like normal if you ask him to.
[Edwin never recognises Minsc is there, or vice versa, until you get to the rescuing of Dynaheir - something that BioWare never considered or missed]

-(14Nov05)In the Area 4300 when I hit the Tabulator ("Tab") button I get a very big weird and strange hourglass form. It's in the North West quarter but spawns into the North East too.
[cannot reproduce the error]

-(14Nov05)When rescueing Xan you have 3 things you can say to him, one is to accept him into the party, 2 is to reject him, and three is to ask him a question. Choose the third option "How did you come to be trapped in such a inhospitable place?" After that you will be presented with the same three choices. Choosing option 3 again will produce the same result as option 2.
[read the third option...the protagonist says that he/she doesn't want Xan in the party]

-(14Nov05)IPLOT01K.ITM, IPLOT04G.ITM, IPLOT04H.ITM, IPLOT04I.ITM
[BGT-WeiDU does not change most items, must be another mod]

-(14Nov05)In AR3900, the outdoor area after the nashkel mines, there is an NPC named Lamalha that has a party of 5 other members with her. She speaks to you and then attacks you. 2 of the npcs with her, Elka and Natalka start out agressive(red) as soon as you see them, the rest of the party starts out neutral(blue).
[SBB, have you check this out? KD patches all the ENEMY allegiances to NEUTRAL, could NTotSC reverse this effect?]

Edited by Ascension64, 14 November 2005 - 01:37 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#40 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 01:47 AM

I did some testing on a clean BG2 install with only BGT

Went to edit a character in NI. When I tried to add an item to his inventory I got a couple "Error Reading <Itemname>" messages. The items were:
IPLOT01K.ITM
IPLOT04G.ITM
IPLOT04H.ITM
IPLOT04I.ITM

Welcome to the bughunting modders universe!
Have you ever checked those items for the plain ToB installation? ;)
So I recommend you to have a separate vanilla ToB install to be able to check the difference between "modded" and "original" versions of any resource.... :cheers:

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme