#1 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 08:39 AM

No longer supported.

Go here for the new version.

Edited by MajorTomSawyer, 04 January 2006 - 06:58 PM.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#2 Pixel Kaiser

Pixel Kaiser

Formerly Tameon the Dragoon

• 1425 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:23 PM

This mod is crap. I hate it. Take it down now.

Also, where might I find the "Wod for the Wicked"? It certainly sounds like good stuff.

#3 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:33 PM

Also, where might I find the "Wod for the Wicked"? It certainly sounds like good stuff.

Son of a bitch.

/me sighs

Never write the readme when you have been up close to 20 hours, got it.

#4 -Dreamer-

-Dreamer-

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:21 AM

1. Keep All BG1 Items On Imported Characters

Created by the king of bugfixes himself. This mod keeps you from loosing all items you had in BG1 (or BG2 if you start a new game with an imported character). This was originally hosted as a solo componet at Sorcerer's Place (http://www.sorcerers.net), but I chose to include it in this mod so it would have a nice WEIDU install, and be easier to remove. The original readme for this component has been included as well. I simply removed the installation instructions.

cool!!!! :D

3. Charlotte sans Menagerie
Created by Sir BillyBob. Shadows of Soubar is required for this component, and must be installed first. Do you like the Fallen Stalker Charlotte? Hate the fact that she is followed by a "spotted lion" at first, then once she regains her Ranger status she takes a zoo with her everywhere? Hate her terrible script that cannot be turned off? Then this component should make you happy. Not only does it remove the Menagerie, but gives you full controll over her. She will no longer charge blindly into battle, and you will be able to control her.

even cooler! :cheers:

4. All Items Identified in Selence's Shop
Shadows of Soubar is required for this component, and must be installed first Hate playing the guessing game when you shop at Amn's Favorite fence's shop? I know I did. This component will change all the items in her shop to identified so yu no longer have to guess what to buy or not to buy. Caveat Emptor? Not anymore.

neat! I hate guessing when buying stuff. ^_^

5. Ariena without Kido
!!! IMORTANT !!! This *MUST* be installed BEFORE installing Ariena
Basically I made this quick patch for people who want to use Ariena without the Kido mod. Neither of these NPCs are my work. All credit should go to Deathsangel for his hard work on creating both of these wonderful NPCs. I Simply created this patch because converting the 'keep-me.txt' to 'BKido.d' as he suggested did not work. So I took a dialogue file and erased all the content, then re-named it, and poped it in my override folder and I was able to install Ariena. I know there is a VERY small people that play the BG series who know even less then I do about modding, so I made this patch to help them enjoy this fine mod.

Installing this patch with Kido allready installed will probably be a VERY bad idea. This creates a blank file to simulate his missing dialogue. Installing this with him in the game is pretty much assured to hose his dialogue. This was also created to see if I could make a weidu mod, it was my first creation.

me likey! :)

#5 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:57 AM

Excellent work MTS. This mod could be the "catch all" mod for little tiny game enhancing fixes that players need or want.

ronin

#6 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:32 AM

Thank you for the positive feedback. I am working on a couple of new components.

I don't want to spoil it (not that there is anything exciting about them), but I figured I would rather upload the new version with new components rather then go though the process of re-uploading it to only fix a few typos in the readme file.

Suggestions are always welcome. I do not promise I have the skill to do them, but I will certainly try.

Edited by MajorTomSawyer, 08 November 2005 - 11:33 AM.

#7 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:43 AM

What I always wanted was a DeArnise Keep be gone. After talking to nalia you talk to someone who askes you if you want the keep done. Answering yes will net you the experience, treasure and stronghold (if fighter). IMHO the keep portion (after doing it about 1000 times) is just as bad as Chateau Irencus.

well..... you wanted ideas :D

go to it :lol:

ronin

#8 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:22 PM

Heh...

Now that would be a fun component.

I would suggest talking to the Pocket Plane cats who did the "Dungeon Be Gone". Maybe they can do a "Nalia's Keep be Gone" expansion.

That is waaaaaaaaay beyond my embarassingly low skill level.

Most of the tweaks are other cat's work converted to Weidu. I am having trouble adding two items to a single container.

As always, I PMed the best modding tutors around (Hild & SConrad). :whistling:

Edited by MajorTomSawyer, 08 November 2005 - 12:26 PM.

#9 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:15 PM

It was just an idea I thought about doing myself. If I did it I would do it with the TDD/BP keep since I dont play an unmodded game. If a "PRO" modder wants to do it then they can. I was just gonna try to see if I can do it for practice.

ronin

#10 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:13 PM

It was just an idea I thought about doing myself. If I did it I would do it with the TDD/BP keep since I dont play an unmodded game. If a "PRO" modder wants to do it then they can. I was just gonna try to see if I can do it for practice.

ronin

Best way in the world to learn. (It's how we all did!) Give a shout if you get stuck. ;)

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#11 -Dreamer-

-Dreamer-

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:22 AM

Thank you for the positive feedback. I am working on a couple of new components.

I don't want to spoil it (not that there is anything exciting about them), but I figured I would rather upload the new version with new components rather then go though the process of re-uploading it to only fix a few typos in the readme file.

Suggestions are always welcome. I do not promise I have the skill to do them, but I will certainly try.

I have a suggestion!!!
could you send the next version over to IEGMC too? ^_^

#12 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:26 AM

If The Wizard does not mind hosting it, I would love for him to host my mods. This one, the conversions, and the three various Baldur's Goth Expansions I am working on.

I just always get nervous and feel bad about asking him.

#13 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:07 AM

If The Wizard does not mind hosting it, I would love for him to host my mods. This one, the conversions, and the three various Baldur's Goth Expansions I am working on.

I just always get nervous and feel bad about asking him.

'tis foolish to be concerned. The Wizard is a very friendly bloke and doesn't mind hosting mods in the slightest. PM away... :new_thumbs:

#14 -Shard-

-Shard-

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:34 AM

For the next version, I'd suggest a change of name. While I understand the lack of self-confidence, your mods are anything but crap. You have released a pack with all kinds of handy tweaks and fixes, Baldur's Goth (Which rocks the house, btw), and you have converted Summon Bhaalspawn and Alex Macintosh to PC format. That's quite a lot for a beginning modder, and something to be proud of. Now, for that name... MTS Collection? MTS Convenience Pack?

#15 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:58 AM

suggestion for a name:

MTS could also mean "MyTweaks and Stuff"

ronin

#16 J Beau

J Beau
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:46 AM

For the next version, I'd suggest a change of name. While I understand the lack of self-confidence, your mods are anything but crap. You have released a pack with all kinds of handy tweaks and fixes, Baldur's Goth (Which rocks the house, btw), and you have converted Summon Bhaalspawn and Alex Macintosh to PC format. That's quite a lot for a beginning modder, and something to be proud of. Now, for that name... MTS Collection? MTS Convenience Pack?

I don't know. I think the name has a certain endearing quality. But, maybe that's just me.
Tempus fugit - memento mori
Time flies - remember death

#17 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:19 PM

I appreciate the suggestions, but I rather like the "Crappack" name. :D

*EDIT* Now I just need to get my .baf files to install properly, then I can upload the new version.

Edited by MajorTomSawyer, 09 November 2005 - 04:21 PM.

#18 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:38 PM

I appreciate the suggestions, but I rather like the "Crappack" name. :D

*EDIT* Now I just need to get my .baf files to install properly, then I can upload the new version.

COPY_EXISTING ~AR0602.bcs~ ~Override~
EXTEND_TOP ~AR0602.bcs~ ~MTS/mikebaf/sAR0602.baf~

;)

#19 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:48 PM

You don't actually need COPY_EXISTING.

;)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#20 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:06 PM

You don't actually need COPY_EXISTING.

;)

Ah right. Old school you did and for me it's just force of habit.

Nevermind MTS, continue as you were!