• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:12 PM

Re - -> _: it's our shitty forum software (*) - it likes to turn various characters (so far - and #) into _ when attaching files.

*: software which Sconrad paid 300+$, while the one at PPG is free and (more) bug-free.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#22 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:53 PM

Well, I crunched the files, and I have a package here (EDIT: See post directly below this). This contains the Bigg's updated tp2 file, updated slightly for these changes. Also, I have a folder of spells, and one called dump. For now, until Hlid can update the mod--simply dump these onto the DruidicSorcerer folder before installing DS.

The specific incompatabilities are with NeJ's Charming Rogue Imoen kit, and BP's Wand of Orcus addon. If it was just BP, I would have simply fixed this on my end. ;)

PS: @ the Bigg: Thanks for the tip...took my _ and - out of the name at the last minute. :D

Edited by horred the plague, 28 February 2006 - 04:40 PM.

#23 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:38 PM

Attached File  DSBPBGTNEJ2compat.rar   26.96K   293 downloads

I have uploaded a new package--it now is also compatible with BGT. Meaning: you can start as a lvl 1 druidic sorc. :o

The initial Hit Point conversion is a "little choppy", but it does work. Just give it a few seconds. The existing code is doing some funky things of its own--I had to set my delay so that it was longer than their delay. It should first set your current/max HP to 8. And your XP to 0. Then, a couple seconds later apply your CON bonus/penalty. If nothing happens within 20-30 seconds after "levelling up" (you sorta start off as lvl zero)--maybe something is wrong, and I just got lucky. But it worked for me... :whistling:

EDIT: Okay, I'll need to do a little tinkering with the CLABDM01.2DA file. The class was never set up for low levels, thus all the abilities were dumped on lvl1 slot. Meaning: I can wear armor and cast at lvl 1---good, but not correct. ;)

PS: Okay, I readjusted the package with an adjusted 2DA file. I don't think anybody downloaded this file yet, so no biggie. The THAC0 bonus of 2 is added at lvl 4 (no idea what it's about, it's not my kit hehe), the immune to disable spellcasting at lvl 5 (armor plus spellcasting), and shapeshifting at lvl 8. Absolutely no clue what "wear armor and robes at level 7" is supposed to mean. Magic Cloaks, perhaps? With the item files altered, impossible to implement at a specific level.

P.P.S: I added a series of spells to properly set the THAC0 to the druidic values. These were added into the CLAB. All was updated, but seeing as how nobody has downloaded this even yet, no biggie. I'll roll up one more PC to make sure it's working--hopefully I can just play this time. ;)

Edited by horred the plague, 28 February 2006 - 07:34 PM.

#24 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:46 PM

I think I am probably the only fool that really enjoys playing this class. Thanks for the update horred

ronin

**edit** looks like you forgot to include a spell:

Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
ERROR: error loading [DruidicSorcererKit/spl/DS_XP0.spl]
Stopping installation because of error.

looking thru the .tp2 its supposed to be there but its not in the /spl directory, but there is an xp0.spl there. is that one supposed to be the ds_xp0.spl ?

ronin

Edited by ronin69hof, 28 February 2006 - 11:21 PM.

#25 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:29 PM

Well, if I really want to try a mod out, and it doesn't quite work with my current install--this is what happens.
Classic BP was started on this same character weakness. :lol:

#26 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:23 AM

Attached File  DSBPBGTNEJ2compatv2.rar   26.92K   261 downloads

Okay, another update--hopefully the last. I has to remove the experience-setting spell from the CLAB file, because it was causing the kit to parse to a higher level during character creation (automatically, a hardcoded feature). Side effects: you got shapechanging at level one, plus the immunity to spellcasting disable.

I have this spell fire out of a script now, and it does an area check for AR0602. Same procedure I used to pinpoint candlekeep (and BG1 game). If somebody can give me the proper area name for candlekeep in Tutu, there is no reason this could not work with it as well.

Side effects of the changes: you only get 2 druid weapon selections at character creation, if BGT is installed. You still get another one (from sorcerer) when you level back to level one--don't think I can do much about it, a side effect from ChangeClass(Myself,SORCERER). I assume this also applies if you started in BG2, with BGT installed. In this case, you'd get two more weapon choices after you level up from lvl zero.

Things should work as normal on a non-BGT install (4 druid choices at startup). A small price to pay, IMHO.

So make your choices wisely, and don't choose things you can get as a sorcerer. ;)

Edited by horred the plague, 01 March 2006 - 10:34 AM.

#27 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:31 AM

Thanks again horred, but see my edit above. Its still true for the version 2. Either the spell is missing or the xp0.spl is supposed to be DS_XP0.spl.

ronin

#28 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:35 AM

Thanks again horred, but see my edit above. Its still true for the version 2. Either the spell is missing or the xp0.spl is supposed to be DS_XP0.spl.

ronin

Okay, a quick reload. I fixed that, and made another small change you would never notice outside of a GAM editor. :cheers:

Keep me posted on how it's working, I'll fine-tune on whatever I see as I go as well.

#29 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:09 AM

I'll post here my findings/bugs. (if any)

ronin

#30 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:05 AM

Hlid has graciously informed me that he is still, indeed, retired--and if I want an update, I'd better get busy! :doh:

So, we'll keep this open for comments/suggestions/bug reports for a few weeks, before I worry about it.

I'm currently playing one, so I'll have a first-hand perspective to offer.

#31 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:19 AM

Hmm, I should be able to wear up 2 studded leather and still cast spells but its not letting me. According to the .pdf file and if I remember correctly I could before updating the DS with your compats. Will try a new install with the old version and see if it works.

ronin

#32 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:58 AM

Hmm, I should be able to wear up 2 studded leather and still cast spells but its not letting me. According to the .pdf file and if I remember correctly I could before updating the DS with your compats. Will try a new install with the old version and see if it works.

ronin

According to the kit description, you cannot do this until level 5. Thus, I made it so. My first releases had the error where the kit parsed lvl 8 abilities first, even if at lvl 1 (you had shapechange at lvl 1 as well).

If you reach level 5 and this does not happen, let me know.

#33 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:45 AM

I started a SoA game and in Irenicus's Dungeon as a DS you start at level 9. I couldnt cast spells with studded leather armor. Could you look at it please.

ronin

#34 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:22 PM

I started a SoA game and in Irenicus's Dungeon as a DS you start at level 9. I couldnt cast spells with studded leather armor. Could you look at it please.

ronin

Okay, I just had a thought. Since I had to take the XP out for a LVL1 guy to make it, you're making the switch to sorcerer before the kit abilities have their chance. I'll have to fandangle some way of pulling this off. It will be done in the same script I've been working out of, DRSORC.bcs. And I have a good idea what to do. I think a couple of blocks merely need to be reordered...at worst, I enforce an "AddKit() command at the right point. Nothing gets added over lvl 8 anyways, so hopefully it won't screw anything up.

I have a vanilla game I can test things out on, I'll come back with...something.

#35 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:23 PM

Attached File  DSBPBGTNEJ2compatv3.rar   27.48K   478 downloads

This one took a while to beat, it was a toughy. Finally, I ended up emulating the CLAB file in DPLAYER series.

While doing so, i also corrected another (original mod) blunder. The CLAB files set the scripts DRSORC to OVERRIDE and DSPELL to DEFAULT. That is all fine, but I noticed on my BGT guy (in chaprter 3)--he still has these blingin' scripts!

So, I added a block to DSPELL. It checks the values of all the GLOBALS in the two script. If conditions are met, itm means that both scripts have done what they were meant to do. The corresponding action totally erases an OVERRIDE script referrence, and sets the DEFAULT to DPLAYER. So, every thing else that should happen to a PC in the normal course of a game (based on this script) now actually will happen. :o

I tested both with Vanilla BG1 game (looks like it is totally unaffected by any of this), and with my BP-BGT-NEJ2-TDD-TS-BP-SoBH-many small mods install. Worked fine on both accounts. Let me know how it works for you. :cheers:

#36 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:21 PM

Thanks horred, works perfectly although Irenicus almost kills you in the dungeon because of the amount of HP you start with, gets better when you level up.

ronin

#37 glx

glx
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:56 PM

Thanks horred, works perfectly although Irenicus almost kills you in the dungeon because of the amount of HP you start with, gets better when you level up.
ronin

i circumvented it by creating a multiplayer game with 2 characters. the first one a simple warrior - able to survive the first fireball-attacts :ph34r: the second one is my druidic sorcerer. until the cutsecene save the game. in NI remove the warrior. copy the modified save into the single player saveFolder. load and continue playing.... :wacko: i know it's a little bit complicated ....

#38 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:30 AM

My character didnt die and the game worked as normal, it was just that I was close to death by the end of the cutscene so its not really a problem.

ronin

#39 glx

glx
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:36 AM

ok, the probl was always that i started with level 0 but xp for level7 ==> that killed me instantly ...

#40 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:39 AM

Try the new compat that horred posted above, its a big improvement over the original v19

ronin