Druidic Sorcerer Install Problems

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Brannin Vael

Brannin Vael
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:31 PM

Hello Horred,

I'm having some problems with this kit. My install is similar to Xcaliburs but sans NeJ and some other NPC's.

The problem is that as soon as I start out in Candlekeep, my character is maxed out in experience and will level all the way to Lvl 50. This isn't too big of a deal since I can CLUAConsole the experience away however.

The next problem, more serious, is that the characters THACO table does not advance, regardless of level, and I lose the ability to put any pips in Scimitar (there may be others...that's just what I notice for now). I can put it into scimitar in the character creation screen, but as soon as the game starts it goes away.

Is this happening to anyone else? Do I have a corrupt installation? If I do have a corrupt install, can I re-install the kit on top of BP? Thanks for any advice, since I am really curious about this kit and want to give it a try. :)

#42 amitlath

amitlath
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 07:05 AM

Hi,

i am getting the following error while installing the kit with horred's fixes:

[DruidicSorcererKit/baf/drsorc.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 163 column 38-38
Near Text: )
[CheckStatLT] argument [MAXHITPOINTS] not found in [Stats.IDS]

fyi, i am getting the same error when installing the big picture weidu mod right after this one.

any ideas whats wrong?

thanks
Amit

#43 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:43 AM

Hi,

i am getting the following error while installing the kit with horred's fixes:

[DruidicSorcererKit/baf/drsorc.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 163 column 38-38
Near Text: )
[CheckStatLT] argument [MAXHITPOINTS] not found in [Stats.IDS]

fyi, i am getting the same error when installing the big picture weidu mod right after this one.

any ideas whats wrong?

yeah: what other mods have you got installed? there's a thread on G3 that indicates that some of the old NPCs - Kelsey i remember; there were some others too - install crap ids files during their install processes: the result is that they can generate these errors. the simplest solution at this stage is either: hunt thru the backup folders of the mods you've installed and restore any backed-up ids files you find; or (if you've biffed yr install at some point - ie, if you've installed BGT, TDD, TS, SoS, etc) simply remove all ids files you find in yr override folder (as the originals will be in the bifs).

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#44 amitlath

amitlath
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:39 PM

sorry for the late update on this. yes, the kelsey mod was removing the new line at the beginning of stats.ids and that was the source of all troubles. putting the new line character in the beginning of that file in the override folder removes the error. the other solutions is not installing kelsey :) . thanks for the info.

about removing all the ids files from the override folder, what kind of side effects can it have on the game? yes i have tdd-sos-ctb-ts installed.

#45 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:22 AM

about removing all the ids files from the override folder, what kind of side effects can it have on the game? yes i have tdd-sos-ctb-ts installed.

if you've got one or more of TDD, SoS, CtB, BGT installed, then removing ids files from yr override folder after installing these but before installing BP will have no effect on yr game whatsoever: the mods i listed all biff their files, including ids files, into archives 9which is what a bif is) in yr /data folder.

so if you remove something from the override folder, the game will look for the file in a bif, and if it finds it there, it will use that instead. so a good safety measure to protect yrself from the effects of olds mods is to just remove any ids files before you get to the BP install stage: all the newly weidu-ed mods bif their files, so any ids file in yr override folder prior to installing BP is going to be old crap anyway (or at best, a duplicate of a file in a bif).

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#46 amitlath

amitlath
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:44 AM

ok, got that. only one thing, i would assume that if a mod, eg. kelsey, installs stats.ids into override, it has made changes to the file and needs those changes for it to work. now if i delete the file, will the biffed version belonging to some other mod break the old mod?

that sounds confusing, basically will kelsey work with the biffed ids file instead of the override one? what about changes that kelsey mod would have made to the ids file?

#47 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:41 AM

that sounds confusing, basically will kelsey work with the biffed ids file instead of the override one? what about changes that kelsey mod would have made to the ids file?

the old mods that are installing ids files (K/Z and Oversight spring to mind) aren't patching or altering them in any way, so removing them won't harm an install using modern mods such as TDD-weidu, SOS-weidu, etc.

i can never remember the exact reason why those old mods are installing ids files: it was either cos the ones that came out of the bioware box were broken themselves, or to allow non-TOB users to play the mods. either way, given we now have modern mods such as the weidu'd big mods, until such time as these old mods get a renovation, all they acheive are error reports.

#48 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:24 PM

i can never remember the exact reason why those old mods are installing ids files: it was either cos the ones that came out of the bioware box were broken themselves, or to allow non-TOB users to play the mods.

It was both. :cheers:

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#49 --Aethan--

--Aethan--

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:29 AM

Hummm, I admire all the effort everybody is putting into this, but unfortunately I seem to find an error in the game...

I installed the druidic sorcerer with the changes horred made (version3) and the game won't recognize my newly made sorcerer as a Druidic Sorcerer. In other words, when I create him, he is a normal sorcerer in every aspect (can't choose DS HLA), can't use any of the DS's abilities or spells besides the Sorcerers own spells.

I have no idea where the problem lies, but as far as I can see, none of my mods are incompatible. My Weidu log is below

I hope somebody has any ideas... I don't get any errors during the installation either!

~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.04
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Eldoth reminds of Skie's ransom
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Angelo notices Shar-teel
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Finishable Kagain caravan quest
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Sarevok and Semaj
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Major locations explored upon visit
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Druid/Ranger-responsive bears in BG1
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Happy patch: NPCs cannot choose to leave the party
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Import more items into Shadows of Amn (WARNING: This can be considered a cheat)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Random activated traps in the pirate cave -> Game-time randomisation
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Bags of the Sword Coast
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Altered spawns -> TuTu-style levelled spawns
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #13 // Arkion reacts to player's reputation
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #14 // Coran responds to the death of a wyvern
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #15 // More bandit scalps
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Remove item shattering
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Hooded unarmoured mages and thieves
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Salk's Pen-and-Paper ruleset corrections
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Import all NPCs into Shadow of Amn
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.05 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.85 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.45 Mod
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Allow Multi-Player Created NPCs to "Wait Here" When Kicked Out
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Unlimited Bag of Holding (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #19 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing
~SETUP-TGC1E.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight, BGT-WeiDU edition v1.7 -> Normal edition
~SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Drizzt Saga for Tutu/BGT v1.0
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Worldmap v6 Support
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate v6.5 - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #1 // Revised Area Visibility and Travel Times for BG1 Genre Mods & SoA/TOB + BP Family Mods...
~SETUP-DRUIDICSORCERERKIT.TP2~ #0 #0 // DruidicSorcererKit v1.9
~SETUP-DRUIDICSORCERERKIT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Allow Sorcerer's to use Druid Items. All sorcerer's will be affected, but life's never easy is it?

#50 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:01 AM

Strange indeed .. i never had such problem (i had many others 'cause the kit is quite unplayable unfortunately for Thac0 issue for example) ... apart a complete re-install i don't really know what other help give to you (shapeshifting rebalancing could be the cause? But i don't think so ...).

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 19 June 2007 - 06:06 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#51 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:26 PM

Out of curiousity, who is the current custodian/contact for this mod?
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#52 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:05 PM

Out of curiousity, who is the current custodian/contact for this mod?

None as far as i know unfortunately (may be Duality has some clues) ... this is one of my favourite mod indeed but it has some bugs and it is quite unplayable with a heavy modded game.

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 03 October 2007 - 11:07 PM.

#53 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 01:53 AM

and it is quite unplayable with a heavy modded game.

Yes, without Shadow Keeper, and a few thicks with it. I propose that no one installs the second part of the mod. The same thing can be done with SK, without interference with anything else. :whistling:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#54 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:09 AM

The use of Shadowkeeper with mods is quite risky ... i remember weird things happening on my game using it. Divine Remix mod was useless after a save with SK if i'm not wrong. Moreover unfortuantely, DS is NOT compatible with Divine Remix for example ... that's also why i'm saying that it's unplayable on a (quite) heavy modded game.

mm75