Photo

Houri Mod

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:54 AM

I?m really really trying to make the shift from player to modder but I?m running into major problems, I?ve read all the tutorials even understand some of them but I need help and I?ve come to the conclusion I can?t do this alone. Please read the description and if you like the idea and want to help please reply with suggestions or offers to join the team.

Basically I need to help with kit making, spell creation, item creation, banters, location encounters and that will do for a start. I also need good portrait of some Angelina mage type with more of an Arabic look to her.

My mod idea:

Name:
Adara

Race:
Human

Class:
Houri

Alignment:
Chaotic Neutral

Stats:
Strength: 9
Dexterity: 15
Constitution: 12
Intelligence: 16
Wisdom: 13
Charisma 17

Introduction:

This is a tongue in cheek mod that stops short of becoming too silly or too sexual.

Adara can be found in Lady Galvena's Festhall. Adara is a young newcomer from the east, who has made quite a splash with the customers in the festhall. She claims to be a runaway daughter of a noble family who has changed her name, dyed her hair and changed her appearance. She tells PC?s that she became a working girl after being thrown out of the mage academy for inappropriate behaviour and will not elaborate further. She will only join the group if the main character is male and has a charisma score of 15 or more (magical modifications can be used). If the main character does not forfill these requirements she will attempt a seduction followed by pick pocketing or spell casting.

Adara is an intelligent girl with a voluptuously alluring body who knows how to use it to get what she wants. She pretends to be weak and vulnerably and is trouble for any PC from the very start. She is a terrible flirt unable to control herself and sees all men as opportunities for fun, adventure and gold. Adara can be tamed if treated properly and romanced. She does eventually redeem herself ?the tart with a heart?, and PC?s will have to decide how the story ends with possible alignment changes if wrong decisions are made.

When she joins the group she will have
A Dire charm scroll
Ring of Al- Lat immunity to all enchament/charm spells. Non removalable item
Shimmering sash
Pearl necklace (non magical item)
Fire opal ring (non magical item)
Hairpin of venom
Damage: 1D4 + 2
THACO: +2 bonus
Poison Damage: 6 points per round
Up to a total of 15 damage

The mod will include:
- Several flirts with Athkatla characters
- A Cut screen in the Den of Seven Vales
- One amusing banter with Edwin after his sex change
- Several bitchy comments if any other females are romancing the PC
- Extensive banters with with Imoen and Nalia
- One or two banters with Sime, Aeria, Jaheira, Yoshimo and Valen
- Attempts to seduce Amoen if not romancing PC
- Attempts to seduce Valgar if romancing PC
- Conflict with keldon,
- Fights of advances from Chloe and Haer? dalis.
- She causes a scene in the radiant heart claiming several paladins owe her money for services rendered
- 2 mini encounters
- A quest in the Den of Seven Vales
- 1 Quest to locate the houri horde of hidden treasure including specific houri magic items, charm related items and several scrolls all guarded of course.
- An addition to the Festhall. For a price, you can purchase any number of sexual favours from the girls working at lady Galvena?s. The favours will not involve any cut scenes, and result only in lost gold and the passage of some game time and paladins beware.

Currently I am the team working on Adara:
I?m happy to do the writing and voicing but am gonna need help with coding and everything else

Attached Files

#2 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:04 AM

Could a MODERATOR type person please move this to GAME MOD IDEAS maybe someone will reply :crying: :crying:

#3 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:11 AM

Could a MODERATOR type person please move this to GAME MOD IDEAS maybe someone will reply :crying: :crying:

Done.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#4 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:48 AM

I'll play it. Course because of this, I'd probably play it even if I did not like the concept:

I also need good portrait of some Angelina mage type with more of an Arabic look to her.

:woot:

It sounds like from the readme that you are planning on creating the first BP npc, which spawns a few questions:

1) Will this work without BP?
2) Do you have permission from Vlad for the TS interactions? He can be picky about his mods.
3) The last has less to do with it being BP spefic, but can you elaborate further on the "Houri" kit. It sounds familiar to me, but I am too lazy to go dig out all my Forgotten Wars book to find this one.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#5 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:39 AM

I'll play it. Course because of this, I'd probably play it even if I did not like the concept:

I also need good portrait of some Angelina mage type with more of an Arabic look to her.

:woot:

It sounds like from the readme that you are planning on creating the first BP npc, which spawns a few questions:

1) Will this work without BP?
2) Do you have permission from Vlad for the TS interactions? He can be picky about his mods.
3) The last has less to do with it being BP spefic, but can you elaborate further on the "Houri" kit. It sounds familiar to me, but I am too lazy to go dig out all my Forgotten Wars book to find this one.

1)+2)To be honest I never really thought about it as the first BP npc but its a nice idea, I don't want to be messing about about with other mods not that i'd really know what i was doing anyway and besides I'm sure Vlad would be quite upset and i really don't want to upset Vlad. So lets just say it would compatable and leave it at that.

The banters with other mod npc's i thought would be a nice idea and make interaction with other mods slighty better if people had these installed, it was always the intentention to ask permission from the modders in question. I picked specific npc's which i felt would be better for banter e.g valen cos she is also a creature of the night. but now i'm thinking this is far too dependent on there approval and increases compatabilty problems 10 fold and doubles the work load. So I think I'll just keep it simple, although I might go crawling to Lucy for an interaction with Chloe I think that would be amusing.

3)The attached PDF at the very top of this post explains the houri class which I converted for use with BG, originally written by a guy(i'm not going there) for a magazine called white dwarf, it's basically a sub class of the wizard enchantress with the abilty of seduction which i'm still not sure how this would translate in a BG world but would probably be a form of confusion/hold. Quite a powerful ability femme fatal so the experience tables and spell progression had to be changed for game balance, its all in the pdf.

My basic problem is i'm a real fledgling modder some of the tutorials might as well be written in chinese, i'm happy to all the dialogues amd voicing but I need help with coding and stuff.

Any offers

:rolleyes:

Edited by wellunhappy, 12 November 2005 - 07:58 AM.

#6 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:50 AM

I'd offer, but my coding skills are a joke.

You might try one last tutorial. This one is very easy to follow.

That and you can always try and post/PM questions. Everyone has been great abut helping me with mine.

#7 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:49 AM

So I think I'll just keep it simple, although I might go crawling to Lucy for an interaction with Chloe I think that would be amusing.

*sneezes*

Eh?

Edited by Lucythebeast, 06 December 2005 - 02:50 AM.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#8 -Yarpen-

-Yarpen-

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:46 AM

Maybe I can help you.

At first, you should change that kit. My proposition is

HOURI: ... (description)

Houri can't be lawful.

Advantages:
- +5% to pickpocket per 2 levels
- Seduction: Houri song has got special effect which affects only humanoid males.
1 level: save vs. rods (mod +2) or seduction (it makes a hold, but we must call it seduction)
10 level: save vs. rods (no mod.) or seduction. save vs. rods (mod +2) or charm.
15 level: save vs. rods (-2) or seduction. save vs. rods (no mod) or charm. Also Houri is invisible for humanoid males.
- Once per day per 3 levels can cast 'Friends' and 'Charm'

Disadvantages:
- Can't cast spells from invocation school
- Gains only 3 points of lore per level

Second thing. We should find a forum :) I'm now makin' a new forum, but it will be polish :(

Maybe you can find something? Here?

Third thing. It's a great idea! I'd love that mod.

#9 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:23 AM

Maybe I can help you.

At first, you should change that kit. My proposition is

HOURI: ... (description)

Houri can't be lawful.

Advantages:
- +5% to pickpocket per 2 levels
- Seduction: Houri song has got special effect which affects only humanoid males.
1 level: save vs. rods (mod +2) or seduction (it makes a hold, but we must call it seduction)
10 level: save vs. rods (no mod.) or seduction. save vs. rods (mod +2) or charm.
15 level: save vs. rods (-2) or seduction. save vs. rods (no mod) or charm. Also Houri is invisible for humanoid males.
- Once per day per 3 levels can cast 'Friends' and 'Charm'

Disadvantages:
- Can't cast spells from invocation school
- Gains only 3 points of lore per level

Second thing. We should find a forum :) I'm now makin' a new forum, but it will be polish :(

Maybe you can find something? Here?

Third thing. It's a great idea! I'd love that mod.

I?m very excited that someone with coding skills is willing to help and I don't want to put you off but I posted this almost a year ago and nobody wanted to help. :crying: I?d done loads of text and worked on the plot but about 6 months ago I lost interest because I can't do this on my own. But and this is a big but if your not really serious in seeing this project through to the end then maybe this is where it should stay. However if your very serious about this and want to see this mod complete then yes I am so happy you?re here to help.

I suppose once we have the basics like character coded and plot agreed, and maybe a few additional spells done, I?ll open up a forum here but I?m unhappy about a polish forum mainly cos I don't speak polish, I?ll hunt down a translator if needs be.

I like your changes very good much better than mine. I translated the original houri class into BG format badly. The only thing I would add or change if you agree is:

Elven houris can multiclass as thieves with the usual restrictions and human houris can dual to thievies.

Also I see a houri as good with sharp pointy objects and useless with heavy sticks
So how about 2 prof. slots for dagger/hairpin/knife/thrown knife and limit weapons to dagger and dart nothing else.

The only other problem is by the time people get to brynnlaw characters are usually high level I didn?t want to set encounters as walk overs but at the same time I don?t want to turn it into a hack and slash thing. So with the exception of a succubus houri that?s a truly charming encounter, most encounters are based around dialogue and decisions rather than getting the sword out. Then I thought because enchantment/charm based spells are more powerful than a delayed blast fireball lets get encounters to charm the party and let them kill themselves there much better at it then anything I can come up with. Think vale of shadows with short skirts. :wub:

Edited by wellunhappy, 12 July 2006 - 08:24 AM.

#10 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:29 PM

Sorry for delay. I've comeback from camp. Now we can work on it :D

#11 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:25 PM

Hm; since I made a PLT file converter, It might be interedsting to use a Sirine Avatar, and make a paperdoll in MSIRINV.PLT :-)

#12 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:22 AM

Hmm... I've made that kit, and think about HLA which works like a Nature Beauty spell once per round and turns 3 rounds. And you know? That paperdoll for that 3 rounds sounds great!

But in normal game? probably not. Troubles with item displaying etc.

And also I've thinked about make Houri a Thief kit. Maybe it can be a better solution. Then it looks like that:

HOURI: description descripiton....

Houri can't be lawful.

Advantages:
- +10% to hide in shadows and pickpocketing
- Once per day per 5 levels can use 'Seduction', which charm one humanoid of opposite sex of caster for 3 rounds +1 round per level. Victim can try to make saving throw vs. wands (basic mod. 0, -1 per 5 levels to max. -4 at 20 level)
- Once per day per 8 levels can use 'Friends' and 'Sleep'

Disadvantages:
- Can't use traps
- -5% to open lock and trap detect

And that kit probably will be only for Adara. Too many work with Seduction for PC

Edited by yarpen, 27 July 2006 - 03:52 AM.

#13 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:10 AM

Make way for the sexiest NPC in BG so far Adara the Houri.

Here's a brand new challenge for you a NPC with nothing but a nice smile, great personality and a new kit. Think you could handle it? A game without stoneskin, fireball and cloudkill, think that enchantment/charm spells are tame compared to other schools, think again!

Name: Adara
Race: Human
Class: Houri
Level: 14th Level
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Stats:
Strength: 9
Dexterity: 15
Constitution: 12
Intelligence: 16
Wisdom: 13
Charisma 19

Heres a teaser (scuse the pun)

Adara can be found in Lady Galvena's Festhall, she is outwardly scrappy, tough and close-mouthed about her past and her kind of magic. She tells PC?s that she became a working girl after being thrown out of the mage academy for inappropriate behaviour and will not elaborate further. She will only join the group if the main character is male and has a charisma score of 15 or more (magical modifications can be used).

Personality and description

Adara is an intelligent girl in her early 30's with a voluptuously alluring body who knows how to use it to get what she wants. She has blond hair, dark eyes, and darkly tanned skin. Her hair reaches down to her waist. She pretends to be weak and vulnerably and is trouble for any PC from the very start. She enjoys being
mysterious, and a focus of male attentions. She is a terrible flirt unable to control herself and sees all men as opportunities for fun, adventure and gold. Adara can be tamed if treated properly and romanced. She likes to dance and able to drink as much as a barbarian without ever appearing drunk.

Romance: Hard. Adara is all too familiar to being used and mistreated so expect the hardest and most challenging romance in the game to date, and you can forget about sweet talking her, she?s heard it all before.......and no she doesn't go for girls, sorry guys!

The mod will include:
- A new bard kit the HOURI
- Several flirts and banters with Athkatla characters including Ginia in Brynnlaw and
Rose in the bridge district
- Several bitchy comments if any other females are romancing the PC.
- Banters with Imoen and Nalia, Aeria and Jaheira.
- Attempts to seduce Haer? dalis and Yoshimo if not romancing PC
- Attempts to seduce Valgar if romancing PC
- Conflict with Keldon and Amoen
- 2 mini encounters
- Certain creatures now have the power of seduction, sirines, nymphs and
succubuses
- Houri magic items and scrolls added
- Improved Gavena's festhall. Lady Galvena is no longer a 7th level fighter she's a
high level houri and she has lots of help, so don't expect a walk over.
- An addition to the Festhall. For a price, you can purchase any number of sexual
favours from the girls working at lady Galvena?s. The favours will not involve any cut scenes, and result only in lost gold and the passage of some game time and
paladins beware!

A taste of the new spells to increase the massively neglected enchantment/charm school.

2nd
Impotence
Malison

3rd Level
Charm Undead
Fatigue
Kiss of Slavery
Lovesickness
Resist Charm

4th Level
Greater Luck
Kiss of venom
Nudity

5th Level
Change Sex
Charm Elemental
Dispel Enchantment
Resist charm 10? radius

6th Level
Improved Confusion
Kiss of Life
Kiss of Death
Stop!
Stealspell

Sound sets done so far:
So what now gorgeous?
Money or love?
Are you lookin for something babe?
Pay up you scumbag!

Battle Cry
Thigh power!

Bored:
I've been stood here for hours what kind of girl do you think I am?

Combat:
1. Let?s see what you've got in that armour of yours!
2. Wouldn?t hit a girl would you!

Critical hit:
Hurt me would you? Die you bastard!

Critical miss:
Shit! It works in the brothel!

Seriously wounded:
I'm not some whore you can knock about!

Flee:
I'll take care of you later babe!

Enemy invulnerable:
Tough guy, huh? Maybe I should a strike a little lower where it hurts more!

Night comment:
Ah night time my favourite time of the day...

City comment:
Just like Calimport, pity the men here are such wimps...

The team is growing but still need lots more help and support, anyone interested in helping pleaseeeee pm me. I have non existent coding skills, but am now very excellent in story line dept. and since taking loads of advice from people on this site, I dazzle with dialogue. I would consider trading my text skills for coding skills if anyone needs it and if I get really desperate might consider trading my summer holiday pics from oz. :D

#14 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:40 AM

I thin we (because I'm also in team) need someone who can help with some advance banter-coding, because it's not my domain ;)

#15 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:46 PM

I'd offer, but that is far beyond my modding talents.

Besides, I tend to work in spurts then stop for a while (ask Bookwyme who probably hates me with my lack of help on Hublepot lately ;)).

I will say I am happy to see this one is being worked on again!

#16 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:37 AM

To me, the words 'babe' and 'shit' kind of throw immersion out- it looks like you've pulled her from modern times and placed her in a Faerunian setting. While I really like the concept, I think that the wording could be changed to better show that she's not actually a modern prostitute, but rather one from Faerunian times ;)

#17 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:42 AM

Completely agreed with K'aeloree, I will definitely play the mod once it sees the light of day, but I think that I would probably enjoy her much more if she spoke like a Faerunian prostitute rather than the ones I meet here in Prague ;-)
I like the combat lines, love her crit miss without that shit, and am thinking if the invulnerable enemy line is not a little long?
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#18 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 07:13 AM

To me, the words 'babe' and 'shit' kind of throw immersion out- it looks like you've pulled her from modern times and placed her in a Faerunian setting. While I really like the concept, I think that the wording could be changed to better show that she's not actually a modern prostitute, but rather one from Faerunian times ;)

I do like your suggestions and I probably agree to some degree, but I wanted to use a modern idealogy rather than go faerunian, I will probably change the wording but I don't want some medival prositute type because it simply would not work, (I really hate this word as well), the americanization to whore sounds so much more tongue in cheek which is what it's really about and besides i want to dupliacte the eastern equivalant rather than the western hence the Houri.

does anyone know faerunian wording of babe maybe fair maiden, or galant sir, I prefer babe

Anyway check out the new home for Adaraplease drop by with ideas and suggestions all these ideas are great keep them coming.

#19 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:41 AM

I have got one article about sexual language of Realms, but it's in polish. I think it is based on Ed Greenwod materials. I think maybe you can find it ;)

Also Adara's forum is a workshop invisible for normal users :P Sorry well. But any previews will be presented at Team BG :) Official sub-forum will start soon.

#20 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:51 PM

Hee hee! :D I LOVE the sound of this! I think she will be one of my fave "rough" types right up there with Willie Bruce. I can't wait! I really really hope this mod will not be too long in the making, tho I understand quality takes time. Forums are looking slower these days and I would hate to see a promising project not have much of an audience left when it comes out.
Those spell names crack me up. :lol: