• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 06:14 PM

I just wanted to say that this mod is NOT YET DEAD. It has slowed down and won't pick up speed for a month or so but work is still being done. Shed has offered to check my LT coding when I'm finish (thanks Shed) and so everything will keep going on. Thanks for all the support.

SK

Current Mods in the Works: The Mazzy Romance Mod

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:02 AM

Glad to hear that it's still alive. :)

#3 J Beau

J Beau
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:41 AM

2 Months since the last post, is it still not yet dead? This would be a great mod.
Tempus fugit - memento mori
Time flies - remember death

#4 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:27 AM

Er... that's two years and two months.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#5 Insignificant Puppet

Insignificant Puppet
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:46 PM

Luckily, according to the progress reports, it is still being continued. That is good, as I am greatly looking forward to this romance.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Hi'ill-Rei spiritual npc with romance and friendship option
Khan broken misguided evil warrior npc

In development at Blackwyrm lair.

#6 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:51 AM

Sorry for not posting more, but I would like to say that this project is still going, though unfortunately due to lack of time and help things have pretty much ground to a standstill, but I'm not quite ready to give up on this mod just yet. Hopefully I'll have something news worthy to report in the near future.

#7 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:42 PM

Status update?

It's been almost half a year without any news.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#8 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:25 AM

Unfortunately very little progress has been made, and it may just about be time to put this to rest. Or on hiatus, preferably, as I hope to get back into this mod and finish it when I have the chance. So fingers crossed.

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:59 PM

Unfortunately very little progress has been made, and it may just about be time to put this to rest. Or on hiatus, preferably, as I hope to get back into this mod and finish it when I have the chance. So fingers crossed.

Right. Hiatus. Because getting it done in the first 4 to 5 years didn't happen, but maybe in 4 or 5 more. <chuckle> This could be done in a month by someone who actually wanted to do it.

#10 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:12 PM

One notes that Snowking has worked on it. In 4-5 years, you've yet to do anything.

Snowking has done some excellent work on this, but one notes that for most rl comes before modding. If you wish it finished you can start yourself. Until and during that time we'd appreciate you not insulting other modders.

Kellen

Edited by Kellen, 27 August 2008 - 09:55 PM.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#11 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

The user is right, though. I do not see how telling the truth in this case can qualify as an insult.

"Has done some excellent work", however, is patently untrue AND insulting. If "one" is told he has to strive to write better, he may learn. "Oh-you-are-so-perfect"-ism's, however, are only going to hurt the modder and potential players, who will be presented with the result.

All mod previews lack proper punctuation, and any characterization whatsoever:

2) Did you say something Mazzy? (B)
Mazzy: I did, actually... I was just thinking about becoming a paladin one day. Or, the fact that I will never be one,
because I am not a human, the only race blessed with paladin status.

Hello-o? Miss Obvious here!

I don't believe the author cannot do it 1) reasonably well; 2) fast. If no (good/significant amount of) work's been done in three years, though, I believe the players have every right to express their disbelief, as long as they talk about the mod, not the author.

#12 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

Admittedly a large portion of that which I wrote is, to put it simply, rubbish. Several of the previewed pieces have been improved, but the major overhaul and re-writing I felt necessary has just added to the workload which I barely have time for at the moment. I would like to have gone back and redone everything and finished this mod, but to be realistic, that just won't be possible under my current circumstances, though I appreciate the support I have received.

#13 -Neckbeardicus-

-Neckbeardicus-

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:14 AM

Wait, so does this mean it's in limbo?

#14 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:02 AM

Admittedly a large portion of that which I wrote is, to put it simply, rubbish.

I know that feeling, but it should be better to share the work with a community as an alternative to giving up. (?)

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#15 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:17 AM

The problem is, it just isn't going anywhere. It's not just the rewriting that needs doing, that I could probably handle, but I have so much going on in real life that I don't feel I have the time and energy this project deserves to make it worthwhile. And then there's having to the coding too... that's why this is going into limbo.

#16 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:35 AM

Have you considered asking for some assistance in the Classifieds? Assistant writer or Coder, either one? Or if you really can't contribute, putting her up for adoption? Just thoughts.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#17 Shard

Shard
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:03 PM

I really hope this mod gets done. I've grown really to love Mazzy and so anything to add more content for her is great!

#18 Twinklebuns

Twinklebuns
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:45 AM

Given the lack of updates and the lack of anything downloadable/workable is this now officially dead? Would be a waste of waiting for 5 years. Any chance if it being revived by others or even better restarted?

I do understand it would have been far more likely to happen in the the years right after BG2 actually came out but i guess people expected it to come from this project and didn't feel like "stealing/hijacking" it from Snowking.

#19 -JR-

-JR-

Machete-Wielding Historian

• Modder
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

I might be able to take it under my wing in a later version of my current project if there's still a call for it, and if lease is given to me. As is though, fate and I are doing a considerable tag-team job holding up progress, and I fear it would appear as if I was fatally weighting myself down if I announced any larger of a project.

"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." - C.S. Lewis

#20 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

I think we can safely say this version of the mod is dead, yes. I think this forum will go to the Dungeon (the forum afterlife) during the next forum shuffle.