5 replies to this topic

#1 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:02 PM

Thanks in advance for reading this.

After a recent discussion on the Refinement authors' mailing list, both my comrades (TGM and Littiz) expressed concern about the fact that they won't, unfortunately, be able to devote much time and energy to modding, something that sadly had been already been in the air for a little time.

However, even though the comments that come with each update and the number of posts this forum makes us think that our work is well-appreciated and of good quality, it hasn't yet reached a somewhat final state. It's still a lot limited when compared with the todo list, which probably won't be fullfilled in a short time spawn anyhow. That said, there are a small number of components which we feel are necessary to be added for the mod to reach an even better shape than now:Moreover, a Sword Angel NPC wouldn't be totally amiss, since it'd be easier to experience this kit (and his, in our opinion, wonderful HLA table) without having to play one yourself.

So, considering thse two factors, we have agreed to start looking for additional team members, to help us achieve a `finalized' version of our mod, while unfortunately TGM and Littiz won't be able to do anything but offer technical advice and contribute to discussions. Of course, you'll receive full author status and have your share when taking decisions about the mod.

So, we are looking for people who have these kind of abilities:
  • Somebody able to make BAMs (creating one BAM for each ability or HLA for the kit, plus extracting or manipulating the visuals from other games, is a bit too much for the SES, even if they made BAMs).
  • One or two miscellaneous coders, for all different kinds of needs (the usual files: ITM, SPL, CRE, BCS, EFF, at times also PRO and VVC files). We don't need a lot of experience on your part as this is mostly a matter of time, rather than leet tricks, so if you're interest submit your application even if you're still in the learning - there are plenty of helpful people around here, and my comrades are quite expert in this field and should be able to offer advice on particularly nasty problems.
  • Some AI scripter for the Five. Differently from the above item in the list, this is an expertise work (EG being able to write intelligent, efficient and non cheesy AI scripts), so, if you aren't at least a bit expert, you may be in for a steep learning curve (however, there are still people willing to help around everywhere, so feel free to submit your application in any event - just be warned that you might find the first times a little difficult).
  • A writer the Sword Angel NPC (banters, interjections, a quest...). While this isn't as 'needed' as the other roles, if anybody is interested in making an extremely good NPC give us a shout.
  • A d-coder for the Sword Angel NPC (depending on finding a writer).
Of course, anything else will be accepted gladly as we will surely find a way to use your peculiar skills.

If you're interested in joining, post here (or PM either me, TGM or Littiz) saying so, and giving an e-mail; you'll receive shortly after an invitation to join the Refinements Yahoo! group and from then on you're in :)

Thanks for any cooperation you might offer and for your time reading this,
The Bigg (on behalf of the current authors)

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#2 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:41 PM

We're here, but somewhat disconnected. Life's things often follow ondulatory behaviours, and modding, for now, is on a low pitch.

As the_bigg explained, a couple of components would be necessary to consider Refinements "completed", though even better would be if we could actually continue with more of the ideas listed in the todo list thread.
Well, time will tell.
What I do know is that with the current team composition, new components will be hardly coming anytime soon (unless the_bigg takes the whole burden himself, as he already did somewhat with the Armor Revision component... :) ).
Again, we'll see. We are always around, don't think we're abandoning our little "creation", despite the somewhat low mood ;)
Yet, things must be done at the right time.

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#3 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:07 AM

I might be able to help with a few crappy banters for the NPC.

Done that in the past and all. ;)

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#4 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:35 AM

Thanks for the offer, we'll let you know if we need the help (IE, if we actually decide to work on the NPC and you're willing to do 90% of the writing or somebody else turns up) :)

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#5 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:21 AM

I can help too. SPL's, ITM'S, Scripts and kits. There's my specialities.

#6 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:49 AM

Thanks for the offer, but so far Refinements is (unfortunately) postponed to other projects of mine (WeiDU, WeiGUI, and random coding for other projects).