• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:12 AM

Here it is...

***  Version 1.6
So, the mod is receiving its new life since now....;P

-- Uses WEIDU version 185;

-- 100% WeiDU installation, no more files overwriting;

-- compatibility to SoS v1.05, TDD v1.05, TS-BP v6.04, BGT-WeiDU (starting from Beta 99) and forthcoming BP v1.7 fully addressed
	(including all issues with animation slots;
	 taking in account a possibility to use it with NEJ2 as well, but that wasn't
	 checked yet - it will require some slight modifications of CtB's installation script);

-- full compatibility with any mod that adds some new stuff to TOOLTIP.2DA, SONGLIST.2DA and RNDTREAS.2DA;

-- TONNNNNNS(!!!!!) of broken scripts, screwed area graphics (TISes, walls, SR/LM/HT BMPs), items, creatures fixed/improved;

-- many missed sounds added;

-- original (v150) Candlekeep chores "Annoyance of the Century"-award winning adventure fixed and slightly improved
	(with some ideas how to make it more reasonable to implement for the next version, after some general bughunting);

-- many unused resources removed from the installation package (including incomplete part of Ascension mod);

-- all bugfixes (some of them are bugfixed themself;) ) from the latest Absalom's fixpack (16 Oct 2005) included;

Please notice that the mod DOES have many bugs definitely and has never been run through in its current configuration
and in a combination with SoS/TDD/TS-BP/BGT that could reveal more non-obvious problems there. But nevertheless, 
it IS MUCH MORE stable and non-conflicting than all its previous versions.

If you plan to use it with TDD-WeiDU v1.05 it's necessary to install CtB-TDDFix AFTER TDD and BEFORE CtB v1.6.

** CtB-TDD Compatibility Fix
Plz install this Fix if you already have TDD-WeiDU v1.05 installed but BEFORE CtB-WeiDU v1.6.

There're no other restrictions for mentioned mods installation order - only TDD v1.05 should be installed prior to CtB.

Links to one of the mirrors are in my signature. Once again, big thanx to The Wizard for hosting! :cheers:

Edited by King Diamond, 18 November 2005 - 07:57 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#2 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:25 AM

Ugh!

Okay, you may all now offically start hailing KD as you new god! :D

:Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow:

#3 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 03:01 AM

Good work!

To clarify, for people new to the installation procedure, should CtB be installed BEFORE TDD, SoS, TS, NeJ, and BGT-WeiDU?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#4 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:09 AM

Good work!

To clarify, for people new to the installation procedure, should CtB be installed BEFORE TDD, SoS, TS, NeJ, and BGT-WeiDU?

After TDD. -> CtB-TDD Fix -> CtB 1.6. There're no other restrictions.

Edited by King Diamond, 18 November 2005 - 04:10 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#5 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:30 AM

I'll check this out ;).

#6 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:40 AM

Is this for BG2/BG1/Tutu/BP/BGT?

#7 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 05:44 AM

And there was much rejoicing! Yayyy..... :cheers:

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#8 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 05:55 AM

Good Job KD

:Bow:

ronin

#9 fazi

fazi
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:04 AM

Hlondeth at night near House Exstaminos - AR3611
Posted Image

After finished seting proper order of "gold stars" in Temple of Mistra(AR3637) i cant click on altar
Posted Image

test? - AR0404
Posted Image

Game crash in Snowflake Mountians(crash when i want to go from AR3534 to AR3535 i must use console to go there) i got this msg:

An assertion failed ChDataTypes.cpp at line number 1591

Edited by fazi, 21 November 2005 - 01:45 PM.

#10 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:04 AM

What about BP stand alone installation is it compatible? BP readme says CTB is compatible so which version do we need to use v1.50 or v1.60?

Edited by sadun, 19 November 2005 - 11:12 AM.

#11 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:03 PM

Awesome work man

What about BP stand alone installation is it compatible? BP readme says CTB is compatible so which version do we need to use v1.50 or v1.60?

I imagine its only compatable with BP 1.7 which isnt out yet. Not sure tho. You might have to use 1.5 with the old BP.

Edited by kharan5876, 19 November 2005 - 01:13 PM.

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:29 PM

Don't think about BP until there is a new release.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#13 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:52 AM

Hlondeth at night near House Exstaminos

After finished seting proper order of "gold stars" in Temple of Mistra i cant click on altar

test?

Game crash in Snowflake Mountians i got this msg:

An assertion failed ChDataTypes.cpp at line number 1591

Can you give me area codes for those bugs? Just press X in game and look what area code will be printed in the textbox...

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#14 fazi

fazi
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:49 PM

I wrote locations

btw Where i can find Miranda(for Quest cowled wizards need help) she should be here but threre is no one
Posted Image

#15 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:07 PM

Good work on this, KD! It's a vast improvement from the previous version. :)

However, while browsing through the mod, I saw some stuff which could use some further improvement, mainly being the biffing-procedure, as well as your batch-files.

Firstly, I see you copying files with WeiDU to the override, only to copy them out from the override folder with the batch file and biff them. Why? I mean, wouldn't it more logical to remove one of the steps (such as either not copy it with WeiDU at all or copy it directly to the respective folders in the tp2)? This can't be done for dialogue or scripts which you compile, obviously, but you should be able to with all other files.

Then, I saw lots and lots of unnecessary oggdec-lines in CtbFinishInstall.bat. The .bat files takes normal windows regexp, so there's no need to list all individual soundfiles in there. oggdec CB*.ogg will work just fine. :)

Then, we have the biffing, and especially the uninstallation part. The old version of CtB was not possible to uninstall satisfactory, and while improvements have been made, there are still a few issues. Firstly, you assume that no other mods (or the player) have altered chitin.key, since you simply replace the newer .key-file with the backup you took at installation when uninstalling the mod. Now, this can be very, very dangerous and may potentially screw up the game completely. You do the same with the override-folder, which also is very, very bad - but easily solved - just remove those lines from the .bat. ;) The biffing, however, is a bit tricky.

Fortunately, I wrote a tutorial on this exact subject about 10 months ago, namely how to install and uninstall a mod while biffing and remove biffs from chitin.key without screwing up the game and having the need to overwrite the chitin.key at uninstallation. This tutorial can be found here, and the code you're looking for should be somewhere in the middle (i.e. how I've structured my .bat-files, and especially uninstall.bat). I'll admit that the title of the tutorial may be confusing, but it's a multi-purpose tutorial. I might consider rewriting just that part about biffing as a stand-alone tutorial sometime in the future, now that I think of it.

Anyway, this is what I found from looking briefly at the tp2 and the bat's. I might be back with more when it's not 2 AM and I've looked a bit more into the mod structure. ;)

Keep up the good work!

- Sebastian

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#16 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:42 AM

Firstly, I see you copying files with WeiDU to the override, only to copy them out from the override folder with the batch file and biff them. Why? I mean, wouldn't it more logical to remove one of the steps (such as either not copy it with WeiDU at all or copy it directly to the respective folders in the tp2)? This can't be done for dialogue or scripts which you compile, obviously, but you should be able to with all other files.

The main part of it is a copying of the new animations. And I can't guarantee if there won't be any old bams with such names in \override\. It's necessary to guarantee that nothing old would be copied from \override\ to biffing folders later to replace mod's resources.

Then, I saw lots and lots of unnecessary oggdec-lines in CtbFinishInstall.bat. The .bat files takes normal windows regexp, so there's no need to list all individual soundfiles in there. oggdec CB*.ogg will work just fine. :)

No. The latest oggdec version doesn't take regexp... :) :rolleyes:

Then, we have the biffing, and especially the uninstallation part. The old version of CtB was not possible to uninstall satisfactory, and while improvements have been made, there are still a few issues. Firstly, you assume that no other mods (or the player) have altered chitin.key, since you simply replace the newer .key-file with the backup you took at installation when uninstalling the mod. Now, this can be very, very dangerous and may potentially screw up the game completely. You do the same with the override-folder, which also is very, very bad - but easily solved - just remove those lines from the .bat. ;) The biffing, however, is a bit tricky.

I'd recommend do not uninstall anything at all in the middle of playing taking out anything from the middle of installed mods stack. :)

But even in this case there's NO chitin.key issue just because all mods that were installed after the one that is being taken out will be: 1)uninstalled first 2) installed after. And a copying of chitin.key after mod's uninstallation just returns everything to the state that was BEFORE that mod installation. But immediately after that all other mods will be reinstalled and, if it's necessary for them, will made all .key modifications once again.

The same is with \override\. Just think carefully.... step by step.... :)
If you will still have some doubts I'll draw you a diagram.... :P :cheers:

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#17 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:57 AM

No. The latest oggdec version doesn't take regexp... :) :rolleyes:

I'll let SConrad answer the rest himself, but oggdec does in fact take regexp. This works fine, and is a lot easier from the current CtB batch file:

COPY ~JZ/Audio~ ~override~

<<<<<<<< JZ/JZInstall.bat
@echo off

JZ\Executables\oggdec.exe override\JZ*.ogg
del override\JZ*.ogg
echo Sound decoding for the Jerry Zinger Show completed.
>>>>>>>>

// Copy JZInstall.bat to the game directory (this doesn't really matter where it is, it's going to be 'invisible' anyway)
COPY ~JZ/JZInstall.bat~ ~JZInstall.bat~

// Have WeiDU execute JZInstall.bat at install
AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~JZInstall.bat~

#18 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 07:18 AM

I'll let SConrad answer the rest himself, but oggdec does in fact take regexp. This works fine, and is a lot easier from the current CtB batch file:

Oggdec version 1.0.1 doesn't take regexp
D:\Games\Black Isle\BP-Test\SoS\SOS\OGG1>oggdec.exe *.ogg
OggDec 1.0.1
ERROR: Failed to open input file: Invalid argument

Edited by King Diamond, 23 November 2005 - 07:18 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#19 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:29 AM

The main part of it is a copying of the new animations. And I can't guarantee if there won't be any old bams with such names in \override\. It's necessary to guarantee that nothing old would be copied from \override\ to biffing folders later to replace mod's resources.

I think I understand what you mean, but it doesn't make much sense.

What you mean is that you have to ensure that no old files are located in the override directory to override the newer files in your biffs. Now, this makes perfect sense to me. However, you might have noticed that CBisson didn't leave his stuff in the override, either, so I believe that the risk of having old files there is minimal. If so, it's probably the player himself who have fiddled around, in which case I'm pretty sure he is able to work it out by himself that he shouldn't have old files there.

But, you say "copied from \override\ to biffing folders", which I don't understand. You do understand that you don't need to have the files in the override to be able to biff them, right?

What we're talking about here is to be able to dramatically reduce the size of both the tp2 and the bat, which would make installation much faster for the end-user. :)

Oggdec version 1.0.1 doesn't take regexp

D:\Games\Black Isle\BP-Test\SoS\SOS\OGG1>oggdec.exe *.ogg
OggDec 1.0.1
ERROR: Failed to open input file: Invalid argument

I just spent the better half of the last hour trying to find the answer to this one. You are prefectly right - OggDec 1.0.1 doesn't support regexp/wildcards, and since you claim that to be the latest version (which it apparently is), how come I'm able to use it without any difficulties at all?

It took me 55 minutes to figure it out, and 5 minutes to smack my head, since it's a truly simple solution and I still can't believe it took me this long. :doh:

See, we're not using the same software. As I was explaining to Shed, you assume I'm using WinAmp 3 while you're using WinAmp 5, while in fact I'm using WinAmp and you're using Windows Media Player. It's two programs with the same purpose and functionality, but still a bit different. I think what confused me at first was that the program is called the same thing - OggDec.

You're using OggDec 1.0.1 by Michael Smith, and I'm using OggDec v.1.9.1 (libVorbis) by John Edwards.

Granted, your software is a bit newer (if we look at release date), and about half in size. Mine, on the other hand, is more powerful and supports wildcards/regexp.

Now, you have a choice to either continue using your software or changing to mine; but I would advocate using mine, since you would be able to use wildcards in the .bat-file, which would both reduce its size and be a safeguard, in case you've accidentally forgotten to name a soundclip or two, or just made a typo (we all know how easy that can be). I don't think the size of the software matters much; 73 KB vs. 152 KB doesn't make much of a difference in a 176 MB download. And sure, yours is a bit newer, but seeing as none of them have been updated for the last two years, I don't think your OggDec includes any pioneering technique you just wouldn't do without. ;)

I'd recommend do not uninstall anything at all in the middle of playing taking out anything from the middle of installed mods stack. :)

I'm afraid I don't entirely understand what you mean. :)

But even in this case there's NO chitin.key issue just because all mods that were installed after the one that is being taken out will be: 1)uninstalled first 2) installed after. And a copying of chitin.key after mod's uninstallation just returns everything to the state that was BEFORE that mod installation. But immediately after that all other mods will be reinstalled and, if it's necessary for them, will made all .key modifications once again.

The same is with \override\. Just think carefully.... step by step.... :)

What you are forgetting is the fact that the player might have made changes - such as manually biffing files in order to avoid the stutter bug (and thus updating the chitin.key) or adding his own items/creatures/whatever to the override-folder without using WeiDU. There are a lot of players out there perfectly able to add their own Super Hackmaster +12 with IEEP, which would disappear if you manually replace the entire override folder when uninstalling CtB.

You are still able to screw up the entire game because of the chitin.key and override overwriting, which I why I'm recommending using my (somewhat foolproof) method of removing biffs from chitin.key and removing the override replacement in its entity. ;)

If you will still have some doubts I'll draw you a diagram.... :P :cheers:

I'm not very fond of being addressed in a condescending manner on my own forum, especially since I know what I'm talking about and only want to help.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#20 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 10:39 AM

Sorry to interject but may I make a statement? I dont think King Diamond intended to address you in a condescending manner, we have alot of people who english language is not their mother tongue and sometimes statements that they make come across wrong or be misinterpreted. I am a native english speaker and after reading the thread (before your reply) assumed that King Diamond was making a joke or jest (hence the smiley and cheers smilies) and that it wasnt intended to be an insult or condescending in manner.

@ King Diamond: I think that some of the things that SConrad said make sense and making an install faster and with less chance for error is a good thing (maybe I an wrong) and can only benefit the mod.

just my two cents worth, you both can tell me to get lost now if you want to :D

:cheers: to both of ya

ronin