Lobar

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:46 AM

Several players here have stated that they are not getting Lobar to tell them anything about the Book of Understanding. I am trying to fix all remaining bugs right now but I do not see a problem here.

Lobar's dialog will only offer the book option if you have been given the quest from Hasdar to go talk to him. Heaball can also give you this quest if you happened to have killed Hasdar. Lobar's current dialog only offers this book topic if you have never talked to him before. If you have talked to him, there is no option to discuss the book (which he doesn't have by the way).

Therefore, I have just adjusted his dialog so you can talk to him about the book at any time. I hope this solves whatever problem you all are seeing out there (I didn't have this problem, but then, I usually didn't talk to him until this point anyway).

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:01 AM

SBB, could you give more details in your description. I read it and initially thought, "Who are these people?" Then remembered that Lobar is the fisherman in Sword Coast region? And Hasbar is one of/main Fire Salamander in the area. Or am I wrong?

The reason I request this is so that your post will come up more likely in a search. Or maybe my post does this? :blink:

Edited by Azazello, 29 November 2005 - 09:04 AM.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 01:48 PM

Hopefully what I am fixing is what you all have stated you have problems with. ;)

Lobar is the guy that runs the Lower Lantern (ship in dock area of BG).

Hasdar is the guy near the Sorceror Sundries. He is standing near Shaella, the wacky psycho woman that tells you about the "mist".

Classic Adventures

#4 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:13 PM

Ha! You see, I didn't know who they were! :fish:

#5 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:08 PM

This is still broken in NTS1.4. If you dont mention the book the first time you talk to him youll never be able to ask him about it again.

I had to delete AR7233 out of my save to talk to him and continue the quest. When he tells you he wants 3000 gold you have only one choice:
"Ok, here is your money"

You have to pay him the 3000 gold whether you want to or not. There is no other choice. If you do not have enough gold then you cannot return to him later because he wont start the dialogue again.

It also adds a journal entry to the normal journal and not the quest journal after paying him.

Also never found Oupaste in the Blushing Mermaid Inn. I did not try deleting the 2 AR files out of my save.

Edited by kharan5876, 05 December 2005 - 07:19 PM.

#6 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:04 AM

It was build just like that...u can get book information ONLY if u ask him at first meeting...perhaps u also must charm him-it was the common rule to charm NPCs to get more information. However it would still require FIRST meeting dialogue!!

#7 AerosAtar

AerosAtar
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:57 AM

I ran across this problem too. I fixed it myself by including a couple of new dialogue links for Lobar, although I haven't done anything with the '3000 gold' thing...

I hope SBB doesn't mind me posting up the dialogue file here...

I actually found another problem later in the quest... Part of the solution requires you to have MISC13B in your inventory. The problem is, MISC13B doesn't exist, thus rendering the quest unsolvable...

I have also come across a problem with Ordlath in AR4300. He asks you to go get him a candle from his home in the North area of BG, in a white house behind the blue mage tower. I have searched every building in that map, and there is no candle anywhere...

Attached Files

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:11 AM

The candle quest is a house behind the mage's tower. When you enter, there should be a red wizard inside that will not be happy to see you. I haven't check on that quest in ages, so I guess I need to go verify that the scripts still work.

Lobar - damn. It sounds like I forgot to include his new dialog file into the package. I hope I still have it. Strange about the money issue. I thought there was a line saying that you would return with the money. Of course if you can't talk to him later, it will not matter.

BTW, I doubt your DLG file will work for anyone. A DLG file is a list of links to the text in the Dialog.tlk file. This file is different for everyone. So most players will not see the same dialog that you posted. You have to post it as a "D" file which is text. That file has to then be merged back into the dialog.tlk file by using Weidu or DLTCEP.

Attached is the correct D file. It has not been TRA'd to work with the German package however. I think this is why I forgot to include it in the mod. If you don't know how to bring in the D file, just use

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("TalkedToLobarMage","GLOBAL",1)

and save yourself 3000 gold.

Oupaste will not appear unless this global is set. He is sitting in a chair at the inn.

Attached Files

• Attached File  LOBAR.d   6.07K   348 downloads

Classic Adventures

#9 AerosAtar

AerosAtar
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 10:04 AM

Have you been able to verify the issue with MISC13B later in the 'Book of Unknowing' quest?

#10 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:30 PM

Sorry, I was thinking that 13B was the candle (which it isn't). I will have to get back to you on this. By the way, who checks to see if you have this item?

Edit: This was really, really strange. The item is actually NTMISC06, which is the body of a mage you find in Haebal's downstairs chest. The BG1 version of this mod uses the item name MISC13B for this body. The actor asking about it is one of the demons down in the Cloudpeaks. The dialog file for the demon is completely wrong. None of the conditions match what I created from the very beginning. It is like this is the dialog straight from the BG1 game. The wrong creatures are spawned, the wrong items are checked for. Ugh. Anyway, I have it fixed now. So I will have to add this to the next fix pact as well.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 06 December 2005 - 04:56 PM.

Classic Adventures

#11 AerosAtar

AerosAtar
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:23 AM

Would it be possible for you to post up what the 'incorrect' sections should read, so that I can edit my own file now rather than doing a complete reinstall?

#12 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:34 AM

Basically, you need to replace 2 items:

MISC13B with NTMISC06
GBLNBN with DSGBBOW

Also, for the actions, the other 2 demons will not turn to enemy unless you change the following:

INDFIGT to NTINDFIG
INDFIGTA to NTINDFI1
INDFIGTB to NTINDFI2

Here is the actual D file, it has been TRA'd so this needs to go into your "D" folder under NTotSC. Let it overwrite the older file.

Attached Files

Classic Adventures

#13 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:13 AM

Attached is the correct D file. It has not been TRA'd to work with the German package however. I think this is why I forgot to include it in the mod. If you don't know how to bring in the D file, just use

and save yourself 3000 gold.

Greetings, I am having this same problem. When I tell lobar that "We come here on business. We are interested in a certain book."
I would get a blank response without any text.

After copying in the d file above, now when I talk to Lobar I get:
Lobar- "Nothing is mattering all that much. I?s just lamanting the turn of the coin that has taken me bookgold. I bet me lost partyboys have long gone with the loot by and by."

1:- "They captured him, of course. Terce should have known better? I?m sure he thought a disc was harmless enough, but those wizards are strict about their licenses."
Then he takes 3000 gold which doesn't really matter since I have over 600000. This dialog happens every time I speak with him now and it doesn't make sense. It sounds to me like this is a dialog from someone else. I've checked the Lobar dlg and d files and I don't see this text string anywhere in them. Now, even when I reload my autosave from when I left southwest BG and went to south central BG to talk to Lobar (after just talking to Hasdar) I get this new text that doesn't make sense. Do I need to edit my dialog.tlk file? (I've never done that before). Or are there a couple new files that you can send me that will automatically change my dialog.tlk file? I am really looking forward to finding this book.

BTW, all of you modders have done an incredible job on breathing TONS of new life into the greatest CRPG ever made. We gamers are eternally grateful for your efforts. Considering what you have accomplished the small glitches like this one are miniscule. Thanks again!

#14 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:54 PM

I have posted several patch updates since this issue. Lobar has been fixed for several months now. So all I can really recommend is that you download NTotSC 1.41 or now 1.42 and reinstall this mod.

Classic Adventures

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:29 PM

I have posted several patch updates since this issue. Lobar has been fixed for several months now. So all I can really recommend is that you download NTotSC 1.41 or now 1.42 and reinstall this mod.

Can I install it over the top of my 1.2 install? Do I need to reinstall DSotSC as well? I have finished DSotSC. DSotSC is version 1.6 and NTotSC is version 1.2.

#16 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:28 PM

Good Lord man, those are the versions for the old BGT-BP. There aren't any patches for them. That Lobar patch wasn't meant for that version either. Your best bet would be to just set the global and skip Lobar. There are no patches for that old version and I have no plans to ever go back and make one.

Classic Adventures

#17 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:46 PM

Your best bet would be to just set the global and skip Lobar.

How do I do that? What do I CLUA in and who do I have to talk to next after Lobar?

Thanks!
Ace

#18 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:39 PM

That is the command to use at the console. If you don't know how to use the cheats (console) go read a walkthrough for the game because you are going to have to edit the Baldur.INI file first.

The command above will trigger the global to the setting you need. Afterwards, go to the Blushing Mermaid Inn (I think that is right, where that ogre is looking for you). One of the men sitting down drinking is the next guy you need to talk to. You need to talk to him several times before he tells you to go down to the Cloudpeaks.

Classic Adventures

#19 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:29 PM

Thanks Sir BB!

#20 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:28 AM

Hi
SirBB I'm sorry to tell you that I'm using v1.42 weiDU & I'm having the same problem with Lobar. I only downloaded it recently (around beginning of April) so it must not be fixed yet in current version. Sorry about that but thanks for all your help.
DamianDarksky

Sorry for not registering but my repeated attempts to register on this site have all met with failure. (Website not responding)