• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:24 PM

Post opinions about his stats :

While, in the light of his biography, I would say that dex, con and cha are ok, I would say that wisdom definetely needs to be raised. Generally, I would avoid stats below 8 altogether, because under 8 means something bad happened to the character (the stat is below average, which is 8-13). Also, I would increase his strength with 1-2 points, because I understand he is a very good swordsman, and a 12 Str would make him a little bit too weak.
Other comments ?

And, btw, I see no problems with his intelligence. Rogues can be smart and cunning.

About charisma, it's a fine with me, but Seb should post what charisma represents in Khadion's case. Charisma can be used for many things : leadership abilities, but also looks. There are clues which point in one direction, but also to the other. While Khadion has a lot of success with girls (the dream of every maiden, so he says, hehe), it's not very clear how good he is as a leader.

Edited by Feanor, 05 December 2005 - 01:32 PM.

#2 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:56 PM

Khadion is young and naïve, and tends not to think ahead. Yes, he's less wise than average. That's intentional, and it may be possible to raise his wisdom as Khadion's character matures :).

Khadion isn't a good leader. At least, he might be able to persuade people to follow him into near certain death, but there's not much point to that, as he'd get them all killed ;). He is handsome, however, and a good charmer of women.

#3 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:17 PM

What weapon proficiencies will Khadion have?
It's not fully decided, but scimitar, two weapon fighing and daggers seem likely.

I picture him, for some reason, using 2 daggers and throwing darts (or daggers), maybe its his low strength and high dexterity.

How about 2 daggers that he throws and they automatically return to him.

ronin

#4 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:26 PM

What weapon proficiencies will Khadion have?
It's not fully decided, but scimitar, two weapon fighing and daggers seem likely.

I picture him, for some reason, using 2 daggers and throwing darts (or daggers), maybe its his low strength and high dexterity.

How about 2 daggers that he throws and they automatically return to him.

ronin

As far as I know, it was already decided to have him wield two scimitars. Unless Seb has changed something.

#5 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:40 PM

Still twin scimitars :).

#6 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:55 PM

Yeah, he's still wielding dual scimitars.

However, unless I'm very much mistaken, I gave him a star in Daggers as well at some point.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#7 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:20 AM

Yeah, he's still wielding dual scimitars.

However, unless I'm very much mistaken, I gave him a star in Daggers as well at some point.

how about twin katana's if you have a BP game installed there are a lot of very good katana's in the game

#8 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 11:17 AM

I'm not really that bothered by "there are better weapons of this sort in the game", since weapon choice for me isn't about choosing something which would benefit the player the most, but rather about characterisation.

I mean, would Khadion think "I'm gonna choose katanas as my favourite weapon, because when I travel with CHARNAME ten years from now, there's got to be lots of those lying around in Amn"?

I chose scimitars because they are a light, easy and curved blade, which fits Khadions 'fast-but-not-so-strong'-fighting style.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#9 ingrown

ingrown
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

you could always go with cutlasses just categorize them under scimitars, being kind of halfway and in keeping with being a swashbuckler.
"chicken killer - SHOOT THE CHICKENS! - NO?"