Photo

The Worst Character Poll

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Who was the worst NPC and the one you wouldn't like to see in KotOR 3? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

The worst NPC in KotOR 1 who you wouldn't like to see in KotOR 3 and why?

1. Bastila Shan (7 votes [15.56%])

Percentage of vote: 15.56%

2. Canderous Ordo (5 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Carth Onasi (7 votes [15.56%])

4. HK-47 (1 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

5. Jolee Bindo (1 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

6. Juhani (5 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

7. Mission Vao (3 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

8. T3-M4 (7 votes [15.56%])

9. Zaalbar (9 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:56 AM

I'd say T3-M4 as he didn't have much dialogue and it was all beep sounds. Unfortunately the droids seem to travel with the Ebon Hawk, so he might make his appearence in KotOR 3... grr.

#2 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 06:18 AM

First of all, I thought TSL had worse NPC's than the first game; but maybe that was just me.

But I have to agree with you when it comes to T3-M4, although Juhani, Mission and Zaalbar comes close second.

Worst ever was G0-T0, though.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 06:44 AM

First of all, I thought TSL had worse NPC's than the first game; but maybe that was just me.

But I have to agree with you when it comes to T3-M4, although Juhani, Mission and Zaalbar comes close second.

Worst ever was G0-T0, though.

Yep, I felt like the TSL NPCs were way worse too, but considering how much of the game was cut, I don't think there's much to say about NPCs which weren't developed to their full potential, except that they were quite bad compared to the NPCs of KotOR 1.

#4 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 06:53 AM

Atton still rawks, though. ;)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#5 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:24 AM

Atton still rawks, though. ;)

Yeah, the only NPC which wasn't originally planned to be in the game turned out to be one of the best in TSL.

#6 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:54 PM

Voted Zaalbar, just because he doesn't seem to do anything, but T3 is just as bad.

Hmm, I see a trend here.
"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22"
Joseph Heller, Catch-22 (1955)

#7 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:28 AM

I'd say Canderous Ordo. For a soldier, he just doesn't cut it and he has no usefull skills to have him around.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#8 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 10:19 PM

I'd say Canderous Ordo. For a soldier, he just doesn't cut it and he has no usefull skills to have him around.

I've found him quite useful, you just have to level him properly. Do not try to use him as a ranged character (his dex is terrible). But his str and con make him a good melee fighter.

#9 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

• 643 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:14 PM

I've found him quite useful, you just have to level him properly. Do not try to use him as a ranged character (his dex is terrible). But his str and con make him a good melee fighter.

I guess, but I use Jedi

#10 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:57 PM

HK-47. :Hides from the myriad of torch-wielding HK-47 fans: :ph34r:

It's the only character that can be completely avoided in KoTOR. (i.e. You can finish the game without entering Yuka Laka's droid shop on Tatooine simply by slaughtering all the sandpeople.)

Hence Revan could have gone through the entirety of KoTOR without encountering HK-47. This truly makes this droid the removable appendix of KoTORI. (At least you need T3-M4 to open the military base on Taris and you encounter Juhani in the grove [whether she lives through the encounter is another matter] :()

Speaking of which. Would the Jedi Exile still encounter HK-47 if Revan had not bought it off of Yuka Laka?
(Now there's a plot hole if there ever was one. :lol: )

#11 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:59 AM

It's the only character that can be completely avoided in KoTOR. (i.e. You can finish the game without entering Yuka Laka's droid shop on Tatooine simply by slaughtering all the sandpeople.)

Hence Revan could have gone through the entirety of KoTOR without encountering HK-47. This truly makes this droid the removable appendix of KoTORI. (At least you need T3-M4 to open the military base on Taris and you encounter Juhani in the grove [whether she lives through the encounter is another matter] :()

Speaking of which. Would the Jedi Exile still encounter HK-47 if Revan had not bought it off of Yuka Laka?

Torch the unbeliever!!1 :D :P Yeah, well, speaking of plot holes, what if you killed Carth as Dark side female? :lol: One tough admiral he'd make then...

#12 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 02:12 AM

Torch the unbeliever!!1 :D :P Yeah, well, speaking of plot holes, what if you killed Carth as Dark side female? :lol: One tough admiral he'd make then...

That's probably why he made admiral ;)

I am a member of the "I Hate G0TO" club too.

What's not to like about HK? He's a lean, mean killermachine to refeers to us as Meatbags! Come on...

Voted for Bastila, because I can't take her eternal arrogance.
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#13 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:49 AM

I have to admit that the Flying Grill a.k.a. G0TO is an NPC I really dislike too... he's damn irritating and I remember how badly I wanted to smash him to little pieces... meh. I think I dissed him enough with UU on some other thread way back... Flying Home Media Center Deluxe and galactic football... :lol:

#14 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

• 643 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 07:21 AM

I have to admit that the Flying Grill a.k.a. G0TO is an NPC I really dislike too... he's damn irritating and I remember how badly I wanted to smash him to little pieces...

*agrees :)
That's why having a Worst Character Poll" at Knights of the Old Republic 2 is rather useless. We'll all vote for G0-T0 anyway. :P

#15 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:36 PM

If you set Revan as DS female when you play KotOR II Carth doesn't show up on Telos (being dead and all), there's some substitute admiral instead.

#16 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 05:35 AM

If you set Revan as DS female when you play KotOR II Carth doesn't show up on Telos (being dead and all), there's some substitute admiral instead.

Ah, at least they managed to cover that one. I always set Revan as LS male.

#17 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 11:18 AM

You canmeat Carth on Telos?!! Where?

I guess I only got through it as DS female. I got to the millitary base as LS male
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#18 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:54 PM

I guess I only got through it as DS female. I got to the millitary base as LS male

If you didn't choose Revan as a DS female, Carth will be searching for you through the game. He will arrive on Telos when you're there for the last time, and speak to you about Revan.
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#19 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 03:31 PM

If you didn't choose Revan as a DS female, Carth will be searching for you through the game. He will arrive on Telos when you're there for the last time, and speak to you about Revan.

It bugged me that I couldn't actually "meet" him there...

#20 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:15 PM

The poll shows that the top three are: Canderous, T3-M4 & Zaalbar. Interesting situation... if I read this correctly at least in some way, people prefer the more talkative NPCs. Well, I agree with that too, if the NPCs don't really talk that much, it'd be better if you could create your own.