Photo

Brythe FAQ

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 ShadesofGrey

ShadesofGrey
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:24 PM

I see from the above that you haven?t decided yet, but, hopefully, Brythe will not leave if PC changes his alignment from N/G to E later in the game after recruiting him?

Although the game somewhat pigeonholes evil characters as equaling randomly violent, kick children in teeth types, when I roleplay LE characters, I always prefer to do it in a ?Palpatine-like? fashion. Seemingly all reasonable up-front, give the slave children 100g etc. until it is time to strike and strike hard.

Brythe seems an ideal subject for an ?Anakin-experiment,? being very reasonable and understanding to him (i.e. talking the good-path talk you write) but subtly having him commit more and more evil acts. Now it may be that you will script him so that my evil PC will fail abysmally in trying to lure him astray with a smiling continence physiological game, but roleplaying such an attempt should still be hella? fun.

Cheers

Edited by ShadesofGrey, 11 October 2006 - 08:27 PM.

#22 Shfelliot

Shfelliot
  • Modder
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 06:24 PM

I see from the above that you haven?t decided yet, but, hopefully, Brythe will not leave if PC changes his alignment from N/G to E later in the game after recruiting him?

Although the game somewhat pigeonholes evil characters as equaling randomly violent, kick children in teeth types, when I roleplay LE characters, I always prefer to do it in a ?Palpatine-like? fashion. Seemingly all reasonable up-front, give the slave children 100g etc. until it is time to strike and strike hard.

Brythe seems an ideal subject for an ?Anakin-experiment,? being very reasonable and understanding to him (i.e. talking the good-path talk you write) but subtly having him commit more and more evil acts. Now it may be that you will script him so that my evil PC will fail abysmally in trying to lure him astray with a smiling continence physiological game, but roleplaying such an attempt should still be hella? fun.

Cheers

See, part of the Brythe concept is the fact that he's supposed to be an uncomfortable fit for your party, which is why it makes putting him under an evil pc a rather difficult dilemma given the enormous amount of alternate dialogue. To satisfy this camp, perhaps the neutral PC can have the options of trying to lean Brythe in a sort of corrupt direction.

If it can be sold to me *why* this NPC would still be an uncomfortable fit with an evil party, I might consider it. ;)

#23 Shfelliot

Shfelliot
  • Modder
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:55 PM

Aw, c'mon, there's gotta be someone out there with questions. ;P

#24 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:23 AM

Uhm... ah... er... Does Brythe ever wash his hair?

#25 Shfelliot

Shfelliot
  • Modder
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:01 PM

Uhm... ah... er... Does Brythe ever wash his hair?

...XD. I suppose he's been through a lot of rain in the two years since he's been out...but, hygiene I don't think is a big issue for him.

#26 -Marrow-

-Marrow-

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:46 PM

As the PC, will you be able to ASK him to wash his hair? Or better yet, maybe if you're romancing him, you can wash it FOR him. :Bow:

#27 -Amaro-

-Amaro-

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:14 AM

I'm really glad you're considering having some "male on male" action going on in this mod.

It would make me, a complete stranger to you all, a happy man. There's only Solufaein, which doesn't feel like a full NPC Mod and Nathaniel...

Thanks.

#28 ingrown

ingrown
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:26 AM

shouldn't Brythe, be higher than level 7 if he's murdered hundreds of people? perhaps you should have to be a higher level before you can get him? i don't know, its your mod
"chicken killer - SHOOT THE CHICKENS! - NO?"

#29 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:03 AM

Well, higher level? if no, then some flashbacks can give him XP and restore his original power (150 people!!!! he must spend ALL LIFEtime in prison for this and eternity in hell in addition) :devil:
what about prison scenes?
Hannibal Lector is a good plot for this mod :whistling:

GOOD LUCK

:cheers:

#30 -vgirl-

-vgirl-

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:57 PM

Do you have a picture going for him yet or looking for willing artists for this project?
*curious*
Would be willing to volunteer for it.

#31 -raiksan-

-raiksan-

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:04 AM

yo...
firstly i want to say that i am very eager for this mod.

and secondly... will there be any jealous reactions from anomen when he realizes that CHARNAME is interested in brythe?

cheers =)

#32 Yakumo Fuji

Yakumo Fuji
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 08:23 AM

shouldn't Brythe, be higher than level 7 if he's murdered hundreds of people? perhaps you should have to be a higher level before you can get him? i don't know, its your mod

From the description, it seems to me as if he mostly killed inocents (therefore, random townsfolk), and "only" 150 of them. They unually have less then 10 HP and get killed with one or two hits, and give less XP then a goblin.

So, even if he killed 150 people, he won't have gained many XP from it...

#33 Shfelliot

Shfelliot
  • Modder
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

From the description, it seems to me as if he mostly killed inocents (therefore, random townsfolk), and "only" 150 of them. They unually have less then 10 HP and get killed with one or two hits, and give less XP then a goblin.

So, even if he killed 150 people, he won't have gained many XP from it...

This one's easy. Rebryth Elameril, who you know as Brythe, though a farm boy, left at an early age to seek what a lot of young boys in Faerun seek...adventure. He joined the military and got soldier training at the local guard post. His unit would a couple years later be stationed at a Saradush unluckily right before a small orc invasion which was effective because the city was not well protected at the time. While the walls held and the city stayed intact, most of Rebryth's unit was killed repelling them. As fate would have it, Rebryth got the enjoyable duty of watching the sewer systems from an underground invasion and thus saw little of the actual fighting, but in the process met a half-elf who was currently serving on the city militia, working in concert with the Tethyrian military. While the two did fight bravely and did see some action and succeed in their small part, they couldn't save Rebryth's unit. It was through the loss of his unit (and thus, his job) that forced Rebryth into the life of an adventurer, with which he hooked up with his new friend. It was through roughly five years of being a surprisingly successful if very unnoticed adventurer that Brythe gained his current skill level...the actual details of which you'll have to play the mod to find out. His ability with a sword has actually waned and lost over the years in jail (thus explaining his current level of experience). It is safe to say the individual who was eventually imprisoned could have kicked the living crap out of the current Brythe.

Edited by Shfelliot, 15 March 2009 - 10:58 AM.

#34 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:15 PM

Will the romance have a happy ending or a tragic one or a semi-tragic one?

If you make the wrong descion is there an outcome in which he dies no matter what?

Is it ok if I describe him as a cheeky serial killer?
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!