Photo

installation inquiry

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Rock

Rock
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 07:59 AM

As been sometime since installing this game. Want it install it again. Only question I have is when you got to update the installers as in shadowtech guide, should I just include only ones mentioned in guide or do I need to include ones like Ease of Use, Item Upgrade, SBT & World Map and have them updated at same time before installing everything?

Rock

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:47 AM

Only the ones used in the autoinstaller need to be updated before you start installing everything. The other mods can be updated as you try to install each one.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:02 AM

Follow this:

1. BD-WeiDU 1.5
2. SoS-WeiDU 1.05
3. TDD-WeiDU 1.05
4. CtB-TDD Fix
5. CtB 1.6
6. TS-BP 6.04
7. (Run Setup-GUI.exe and press U and Enter at the prompt) x4
8. BGT-WeiDU 0.99 BETA 4 or 0.99 ZETA
9. Any other weidu mod
10. world map v5
11. fixes for TDD, SOS, TS and CTB

if something in the list you dont want to install, just dont install it but follow the steps.

ronin

@ ascension64 or SirBillyBob: could someone put up a new sticky topic with the install instructions and lock it. would be also good to put it in the BP, SOS and TDD thread too. Would save alot of copying and pasting everytime someone wants to know.

Edited by ronin69hof, 13 December 2005 - 11:03 AM.

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:26 PM

Would save alot of copying and pasting everytime someone wants to know.

Doesn't mean they will read it.

I don't rights to this forum to do that. :(

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#5 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:29 PM

I know but its easier to tell them to look at the sticky instead of diggin thru 5 pages of posts.

ronin

#6 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 01:31 AM

I don't rights to this forum to do that. :(

on the other hand, i do :)

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#7 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:15 AM

Follow this:

1. BD-WeiDU 1.5
2. SoS-WeiDU 1.05
3. TDD-WeiDU 1.05
4. CtB-TDD Fix
5. CtB 1.6
6. TS-BP 6.04
9. Any other weidu mod
10. world map v5

Im confused about this response. I thought that the BP weidu version was unreleased currently. I have just begun a new game, but am using old BP-BGT installs and directions. These instructions seem to indicate that the BP weidu is available. Where would we download these components, and am I confused about the intent of these instructions?

#8 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:53 AM

those instructions are for installing a weiduised version of what we once called BP-BGT (or BP-BGT-CtB, to be precise). however, in the new age of weiduised mods, you no longer need BP to play them together. so really, this is an install guide for 'as many big mods as yu can physically stack together', which was one of the main functions of the old BP.

we need a new name for this mess tho, cos as you point out, mildImp, this BP-BGT-weidu install doesnt actually have any BP involved, and it's more than simply BGT-weidu... still, at some unspecified point in the future, there'll be a stable BP-weidu (which will at that point be a tweak mod, rather than a compatibility mod) and thos of us who enjoyed the scripting changes of BP as much as the stacking of all the mods will play it as well, and so you'll have BP-BGT-weidu that actually has some BP components. just not right now. if that makes any sense.

all of the components listed in that install guide are currently available, however: it is a playable install. it just doesn't have any BP components as yet.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#9 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:54 AM

In the instructions I posted above there is no BP-weidu because it is still in beta and not released yet. We are still testing it. If you want BP then you have to use the non-weidu version and also the older versions of TDD, SOS, Nej and TS (non-weidu).

The instructions above work but you will have to forfeit BP for now. You can substitute Tactics if you want a challenge.

ronin

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:12 AM

I thought that the sole purpose of BP was to allow many MOD's to cooperate with each other. This thread seems to be saying that a) such isn't needed and B) that is not BP's sole function. What am I missing?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I've stumbled on this MOD scene today and I am very attracted to the idea of having a heavily MODded Baldur's Gate. It would make great reply value by adding so much extra to the BG universe.

As a completely off-topic question, is there a MOD that prevents me from pausing or saving the game except when the game wants to save it?

#11 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:31 AM

The original BP brought all the big mods together and also added some more difficulty. The new BP is all weidu'd as well as the big mods so in effect the newer versions can be played stand alone. The new weidu BP will basically be the AI tweaks from the original and improved areas as in the original. As I said above if you want to play BP right now you need to use the old non-weidu version and all the non-weidu big mods.

ronin

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:59 AM

The original BP brought all the big mods together and also added some more difficulty. The new BP is all weidu'd as well as the big mods so in effect the newer versions can be played stand alone. The new weidu BP will basically be the AI tweaks from the original and improved areas as in the original. As I said above if you want to play BP right now you need to use the old non-weidu version and all the non-weidu big mods.

If the BP isn't needed for compatibility, I can just use the other weidu mod's along with BGT-weidu? I had a feeling that option would be better for me, but I really don't know what I'm talking about. :) (Hopes modding can be more straightfoward for newcomers in the future...).

I came across some "official" mods released by a Bioware employee, and am wondering what their compatibility is with the other mods.

#13 Deadsoul

Deadsoul
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:06 AM

Do i actually need to have Bg1 to have this all work? I should say, that i really don't want to play bg1, but i'm interested in playing the other mods together.

#14 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:58 AM

Do i actually need to have Bg1 to have this all work? I should say, that i really don't want to play bg1, but i'm interested in playing the other mods together.

Hi Deadsoul welcome to the forum. You can play BP only to merge the big BGII mods. You can either run the old version or use the new WeiDU version. I would highly recommend the WeiDU version as the installation is a lot easier and a lot of bugs have been solved by now. BP-WeiDU itself is not out yet but it does look that it will be more enhanced scripting and better AI and such. You don't need BP-WeiDU to play TDD, TS, SoS and CtB together any more. Check the announcement at the top for installation information. And also check the relevant forums.

Have fun gaming.

#15 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:27 PM

Follow this:

1. BD-WeiDU 1.5
2. SoS-WeiDU 1.05
3. TDD-WeiDU 1.05
4. CtB-TDD Fix
5. CtB 1.6
6. TS-BP 6.04
9. Any other weidu mod
10. world map v5

When BP-weidu is finally released, it will most likely be installed between steps 8) and 9). At least that is what I'm trying today, when I install all of the above (plus another semi-recently-released mega mod; make your own guesses, just don't post them ;) :P) for the first time...with BPv170a (attn. workshop crew: you're not missing any files/code for v170a...yet ;) ).

#16 -Mods abbreviations-

-Mods abbreviations-

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:14 AM

What does the first "BD WeiDU 1.5" stand for? I know what everything else means... but not the first one (at least I didn't download them all and not understand the last one;-).

#17 -wait... baldurdash?-

-wait... baldurdash?-

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:18 AM

Wait... is it baldurdash!?!? Ya! I'm so great! Such a noob but so great, hehee. Uh, thanks fellas.

#18 cheezeegriff

cheezeegriff
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:10 AM

I wish to apologise for my previous two posts. I thought I was in a different forum and had already registered. Appeared I hadn't:) Anyway, I've downloaded most of the above recommended files, however I have not been able to find Ts-BP 6.04. I DO have Tsv605.exe. Will that work? Please answer ASAP as I'm losing access to this computer in a few days, and will no longer be able to download anything over a few megabytes.

#19 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:55 AM

TS 6.04 can be found here. use only the version numbers specified: they're specified for a reason.

#20 Yazka77

Yazka77
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:13 AM

I very stupid question from noob :wacko: , I am not sure where to find that BD-weidu 1.5. Can someone please tell me where to find it?