15 - 8
14 - 6
13 - 5
12 - 4
11 - 3
10 - 2
9 - 1
8 - 0

and we get 28 points to buy our stats. and since I am a bit rusty at this do we add the racial modifiers before or after buying stats.

ronin

Edited by ronin69hof, 04 August 2006 - 05:21 AM.

#42 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:30 AM

After I believe. In NWN they did it before but then they bumped the points to work as if it were two lower. In the 3rd ed Character Generator I have though it calculates racial benefits afterwards.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#43 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:08 AM

Right, racial bonus's come after buying the stats. I changed my mind also, I think I will play a halfling swashbuckler or halfling rogue... I dont know if bluenose will allow it but a spellthief looks pretty interesting also.

ronin

#44 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:16 AM

I see then we be needing a priest and a warrior it seems. Hope some persons join us soon then. Still figuring mine out. Luckily I've got some time.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#45 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:19 AM

I can also play a fighter/thief if need be, I can play about anyting besides mages/sorcerers. We have the mage with Celestine so a spellthief would be not needed.

Where is everybody located in the world so I can get a sense of time where everyone is at?

ronin

Edited by ronin69hof, 04 August 2006 - 09:20 AM.

#46 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:35 PM

I am in the middle of America. Central Time Zone. GMT-6

#47 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:22 PM

I don't mean to be rude, but if this is going to be the thread for the actual game, perhaps it should go in the rec room or something? It's likely to wind up swamping FR info requests and such...

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#48 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:27 PM

I don't mean to be rude, but if this is going to be the thread for the actual game, perhaps it should go in the rec room or something? It's likely to wind up swamping FR info requests and such...

Don't worry, we'll take care of all that.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#49 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:52 AM

I can also play a fighter/thief if need be, I can play about anyting besides mages/sorcerers. We have the mage with Celestine so a spellthief would be not needed.

Where is everybody located in the world so I can get a sense of time where everyone is at?

ronin

I'd allow a spellthief if that's what you wanted to play, in fact I'd allow most classes that aren't too out-of-setting such as Samurai. And no Warlocks please.

I'm in England, and if you want more specific Worcester, England. :) Operating at the moment on British Summer Time rather than GMT.

As for the classes people want to play, pick the one YOU want. Even if the group looks unbalanced I can make some adjustments to the adventure to compensate. :P

Got to go. Football season starts today, so I've a match to attend.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#50 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:22 AM

See ya soonish

#51 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:59 AM

I'm going to be away now from the 10th to 25th August on holiday. My internet access is likely to be limited. Anyone interested in taking part can leave a message hear or PM me and I'll get in touch towards the end of the month.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

#52 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:47 AM

If its hard to fit an elf into the adventure, I don't mind half-elf or human. =) My knowledge on 3.5 rules is limited, so if you don't mind correcting me, I'm happy to post whenever I can.

I'm located in Singapore atm, tiny island in SEA so my timezone is GMT+8. I can come on during weekdays and if required during weekends as well. My schedule however flutuates, so I can post alot at a time or none for a week.

This is my first time playing on a thread. I have never play Pen and paper so if the group can give me a direction on how to start, that'll be great. =)

#53 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 01:26 AM

Awesome avatar Celestine!!! I am in germany (GMT+2 right now will be +1 later when UK switches). You will need to find a copy of the players handbook so you can see how to create a character. I dont have much time right now or I would help ya more. I get off of vacation on the 28th of August and if you wait until then we can jump on an IM and I can help ya out if needed.

ronin

#54 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 01:45 AM

Thanks so much, Ronin. =) I can wait till you're on vacation. :D I have a basic idea on what to create, just not too sure on the scope...

Do I have to come out with a backstory for my character, other than stats? So it's 28 points for the 6 stats (STR, CHA, DEX, INT, and so on)? If I'm on a wrong track, please feel free to corect me. thanks.

#55 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:13 AM

Thanks so much, Ronin. =) I can wait till you're on vacation. :D I have a basic idea on what to create, just not too sure on the scope...

Do I have to come out with a backstory for my character, other than stats? So it's 28 points for the 6 stats (STR, CHA, DEX, INT, and so on)? If I'm on a wrong track, please feel free to corect me. thanks.

For buying the stats you get 28 points, see my table a little higher up in this thread. I'm not sure about a backstory about your character but I will be doing something like that but breaking it down into sections and posting it a little at a time as the other characters get to know my character better.

ronin

#56 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:19 AM

Hmm. I do not know of any place where I could buy the PHB. Is it up for download somewhere? Or would other things such as this or this character creater work in place?

#57 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:39 AM

I can help out those that dont have the books needed.

ronin

#58 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:00 AM

Oh thanks! That would make things a bit easier.

#59 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:33 AM

If its hard to fit an elf into the adventure, I don't mind half-elf or human. =) My knowledge on 3.5 rules is limited, so if you don't mind correcting me, I'm happy to post whenever I can.

I'm located in Singapore atm, tiny island in SEA so my timezone is GMT+8. I can come on during weekdays and if required during weekends as well. My schedule however flutuates, so I can post alot at a time or none for a week.

This is my first time playing on a thread. I have never play Pen and paper so if the group can give me a direction on how to start, that'll be great. =)

An elf will fit in easily enough, it's just unlikely that they actually come from Barnoldswick. There are several areas nearby they might be from, so the only thing that's likely is that some locals will be surprised to see you.

Thanks so much, Ronin. =) I can wait till you're on vacation. I have a basic idea on what to create, just not too sure on the scope...

You don't have to have a backstory, but it's nice if you do. My preference is for it to come out naturally during gameplay, which seems to be what Ronin is doing.

And yes, it's 28 points to buy the stats, then apply your racial modifications (+2 to DEX, -2 to CON for an Elf) afterwards.

Hmm. I do not know of any place where I could buy the PHB. Is it up for download somewhere? Or would other things such as this or this character creater work in place?

The first of those links is ideal, since it's got all the basic D20 rules you need. The second is good too, I used the Pathguy site myself. I'd add two other places - the D20SRD site has the same information as your first link plus a few bits of additional material - and the PCGen site has a free character generation program to download, which is useful if you're not online as much.

If you really want the PHB you could get it through Amazon, but almost everything in it is on the first of your links. You don't actually need anything else, but if you've got questions I'll help in any way I can.

Back from the brink.

#60 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:40 AM

Would you like us to pm you our character sheets when their finished or just keep them for now or what?