#1 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:23 AM

1. Tutorial fight in Candlekeep.

ISKELET.CRE
Those skeletons have droppable shields that can be collected and used lately. It's necessary to set them as Undroppable right in CRE.

IKOBOLD.CRE
Has non-0 XP value. That must be reset to 0.

P.S. What's happened to XP award reduction tweak? I've just scribed 2 scrolls for 2000XP and immediately leveled up. Still inside Candlekeep...

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#2 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:04 AM

1. Tutorial fight in Candlekeep.
IKOBOLD.CRE
Has non-0 XP value. That must be reset to 0.

Are you sure that this is a problem? In this training you are supposed to receive experience from fighting the kobolds and the gibberlings. Check the Gibberling file to see if it has been reduced. I think that giving experience for these monsters in BG1 was intentional since at least you get a minimal reward for training there.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#3 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:02 PM

Are you sure that this is a problem? In this training you are supposed to receive experience from fighting the kobolds and the gibberlings. Check the Gibberling file to see if it has been reduced. I think that giving experience for these monsters in BG1 was intentional since at least you get a minimal reward for training there.

As far as only illusionary kobolds have a non-zero XP prize value I'm absoluely sure that this is a BUG. And gaining a reward from SUCH training seems not fair for me.... :D

BTW... The following bugs for TDD/BGT-Z combination fixed:
- when Xzar joins party for the 1st time party receives 2000exp out of nowhere :D;
- when Xzar/Monty join party Lucette from TDD (HARPASS2.CRE) is being summoned in 5 days on any outdoor location;
- Kagain and Yeslic are starting to fight each other immediately if they both joined party (they will do that only in BG2 part ;))

Edited by King Diamond, 15 December 2005 - 12:04 PM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:22 PM

This to me seems like a dodgy thread, because it will bash heads with the Known Bugs thread. Why the hell are there two similar threads now? Anyway, I'll see how this goes...

Nothing to do with me, right?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 02:26 AM

This to me seems like a dodgy thread, because it will bash heads with the Known Bugs thread. Why the hell are there two similar threads now? Anyway, I'll see how this goes...

I guarantee that I'll post only BGT related stuff here and with all necessary analysis/solutions. Do you believe me? :cheers:

Nothing to do with me, right?

Right :)

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#6 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:39 AM

P.S. What's happened to XP award reduction tweak? I've just scribed 2 scrolls for 2000XP and immediately leveled up. Still inside Candlekeep...

Well, I'm leaving it for players to use DEF JAM. It works much better, and it is stupid to duplicate data like that.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#7 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 08:24 AM

BGT-Tweak TP2 typo.

Kagain quest section. Currently:

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~GlobaLT~ ~Global~

Must be:

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~GlobalLT~ ~Global~

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#8 -grogerson-

-grogerson-

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:12 AM

BGT-Tweak TP2 typo.

Kagain quest section. Currently:

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~GlobaLT~ ~Global~

Must be:

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~GlobalLT~ ~Global~

Is this why Kagain, when getting to the wagon, goes to the body, comes back to the party, then repeats the cycle? That's the problem I ran into... :blink:

#9 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:20 AM

Is this why Kagain, when getting to the wagon, goes to the body, comes back to the party, then repeats the cycle? That's the problem I ran into... :blink:

Yes.
----------------------------

TP2 error that produces empty automap note for Nashkell.

COPY ~BGT/Modify/ARE/AR3700.ARE~ ~override~
  SAY 0x8258 @600015   <-------- WRONG!!!!!
Offset must be 0x82c0

Edited by King Diamond, 16 December 2005 - 09:40 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#10 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:49 AM

OUBLEK.DLG

Prism quest.
There're 2 possible endings for it (when you took easy Greywolf's money and when you didn't).

Related DLG states: 4 (you were honest) and 30 (easy money taken).

State 4: all unsolved journal entries removed, solved entry added, 2 emeralds taken, 200 EXP, 300 GP
State 30: none of the unsolved journal entries removed, no solved entry added, 1 emerald taken, 500 EXP, 150 GP.

So, state 30 should make everything with journal, should take 2 emeralds. And something must be done with EXP awards for both cases. Only GP amount seems to be set correctly.

+ solved journal entry says about received gold amount that will be different in both cases. This shall be reflected too (2 different texts).

Edited by King Diamond, 17 December 2005 - 10:07 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#11 AerosAtar

AerosAtar
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 06:28 AM

OUBLEK.DLG

Prism quest.
There're 2 possible endings for it (when you took easy Greywolf's money and when you didn't).

Related DLG states: 4 (you were honest) and 30 (easy money taken).

State 4: all unsolved journal entries removed, solved entry added, 2 emeralds taken, 200 EXP, 300 GP
State 30: none of the unsolved journal entries removed, no solved entry added, 1 emerald taken, 500 EXP, 150 GP.

So, state 30 should make everything with journal, should take 2 emeralds. And something should be done with EXP awards for both cases. Only GP amount seems to be set correctly.

+ solved journal entry says about received gold amount that will be different in both cases. This should be reflected too (2 different texts).

I've done a little digging and the issue is (mostly) one from Baldur's Gate - it is not introduced by BGT. The End Point for that dialogue path has two TakePartyItem actions, but only one of them is set to take an emerald (MISC43 in BG1). The other is set to take Brage's Body (MISC65 in BG1). The experience values are correct per the BG1 Dialogue file. The only issue that BGT has introduced here is the Journal entries, as BG1 didn't remove entries.

#12 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 06:38 AM

The Great Gazib and exploding ogre (Carnival)

If you will be fast enough to speak to Gazib you will have 3 summoned Ogres at the same time.

The best way to fix that small bug:
1) to assign "OOPAH" DV for OOPAH.CRE
2) GAZIB.D
BEGIN ~GAZIB~

IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~ THEN BEGIN 0
  SAY @18659
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~CreateCreature("OOPAH",[1282.3222],1)~ EXIT
END

IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(1)
Dead("Oopah")~ THEN BEGIN 1
  SAY @18669
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~CreateCreature("OOPAH",[1282.3222],1)~ EXIT
END

IF ~GlobalGT("SPRITE_IS_DEADOopah","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN 2
  SAY @18672
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~CreateCreature("OOPAH2",[1282.3222],1)
EscapeArea()~ EXIT
END

I've done a little digging and the issue is (mostly) one from Baldur's Gate - it is not introduced by BGT. The End Point for that dialogue path has two TakePartyItem actions, but only one of them is set to take an emerald (MISC43 in BG1). The other is set to take Brage's Body (MISC65 in BG1). The experience values are correct per the BG1 Dialogue file. The only issue that BGT has introduced here is the Journal entries, as BG1 didn't remove entries.

So, this is an example how buggy original BG1 is. And plz do not tell me that we shouldn't fix such obvious things... :)

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#13 AerosAtar

AerosAtar
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 07:23 AM

So, this is an example how buggy original BG1 is. And plz do not tell me that we shouldn't fix such obvious things... :)

I'm not saying it shouldn't be fixed, I'm just offering up more information on it ;).

#14 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 07:36 AM

~Raaagh! Help!~ [BEDWIN43] issue.
StrRef #11618

2Asc64
As far as you use BG1.TRA directly for patching empty/incorrect BG2 strings you obviously apply all BG1 sound names that can produce more hidden errors beside BEDWIN43 (don't remember exactly what other sounds must be B-prefixed). Can you plz check all STRING_SET's from main TP2 once again?

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#15 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:20 AM

RINGJOS.ITM

That ITM exists in BG2 so it's not necessary to keep it in the BGT-WeiDU package.
As for now, it's being patched unproperly and has an empty description in game, so the best way to fix that is just to forget about it or use COPY_EXISTING. For COPY_EXISTING it's necessary to patch IDENTIFIED_DESC, not UNIDENTIFIED_DESC.

If item's IDENTIFIED_DESC strref not equal to -1 it will always be used for identified item (even if it has a nonexisting srref value). If it =-1 - UNIDENTIFIED_DESC will be used instead.

Edited by King Diamond, 17 December 2005 - 10:09 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#16 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 10:09 AM

Don't know if it's fixed already, but if you talked to Tranzig and managed to finish the first conversation wthout turning him hostile you can't talk to him anymore - there're no more positive conditions for dialogue triggers (TRANZI.DLG).

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#17 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:38 AM

KIVAN.DLG

In the current .D configuration that preserves even unused states (2Asc64: why have you left all that unused False()-triggered states? :blink: They're absolutely of no use and just a junk that steals game resources....) state #3 must be fixed as follows:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 3
SAY @405
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @6274 GOTO 9
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @6275 GOTO 10
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @6276 GOTO 7
END

Edited by King Diamond, 20 December 2005 - 10:53 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#18 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:19 PM

In the current .D configuration that preserves even unused states (2Asc64: why have you left all that unused False()-triggered states? :blink: They're absolutely of no use and just a junk that steals game resources....)

I'll look at the bugs from RINGJOS.ITM downwards when I eventually get access to my home computer back. As for the unused states, you are very very wrong there. They are not junk because of compatibility. For example, I had to update ZETA because the unused states for the dialogue structure were not completely as it was in BG1, so that BG1NPCBGT by SBB could be installed. In other words, if I ever need to port something, I shouldn't have to check EVERY single EXTERN ~~ command to check if the dialogue structure is correct. Got it?

Apart from that, yep, it is junk. :D

--------------
Retired Modder

#19 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:04 AM

As for the unused states, you are very very wrong there. They are not junk because of compatibility. For example, I had to update ZETA because the unused states for the dialogue structure were not completely as it was in BG1, so that BG1NPCBGT by SBB could be installed. In other words, if I ever need to port something, I shouldn't have to check EVERY single EXTERN ~~ command to check if the dialogue structure is correct. Got it?

Apart from that, yep, it is junk. :D

From what did you say I understood only that you are trying to make BGT compatible to already existing BG1NPCBGT. Doesn't anything look confusing there? :rolleyes:

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#20 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:35 AM

From what did you say I understood only that you are trying to make BGT compatible to already existing BG1NPCBGT. Doesn't anything look confusing there? :rolleyes:

Here is my 29 cents on the matter:

Any BG1 or BGTutu mod that uses specific state numbers to patch dialogues (including, but not limited to, BG1NPC and Sirine's Call) will fail to work with BGT-WeiDU when converted if every state number is not checked when such mods modify existing dialogues. I am not willing to go to all that trouble just to check every single state patched. It would simply be a complete waste of time when you could have all that set up for you not to worry about already.

Another point, when you False()-ify states, they don't do anything. Do they make your game slower? Well, if you have a dialogue with 200 False() state triggers in there, maybe, but that is way off the scale. These states just sit there. I do not believe at all that they cause detriment to a modder, but rather help them as in the point above. Of course, you can also say that if they just sit there, then they are junk, which is KD's original point. But here, I think that these states being there are more 'beneficial' than 'harmful'.

Next, since BETA 4 used original dialogue structure (BG1 imported dialogues) and Sir BillyBob released BG1NPCBGT v11 BEFORE I released ZETA, I take it as my own responsibility to ensure that v11 works with ZETA, and the best way to achieve that is to ensure that the installation of SBB's mod works with the least amount of change as possible. Two cases where I have specified a change in coding is Yacomo's Revised BP-BGT Worldmap (this is v5), and the mega-modification mods. For these, the tp2 code I submitted was not large, the changes were fairly minor in terms of the whole she-bang, and the changes are all in one spot. Even so, I felt a little annoyed for imposing such changes on these mods. Sometimes these changes are absolutely necessary, but you don't get very far if you don't cater for other people's existing creations that they had already put extreme effort into... *cough* *cough* NeJ.

Hence, keeping dialogue structure may be considered a waste of space but saves time in the long term. A waste of space here is considered ~200KB decompressed, and unless you have an 80MB hard drive that can't even fit BG on it, this is quite trivial.

Finally, it is also intrinsically clear that modders shouldn't use the False() dialogues.

--------------
Retired Modder