Photo

Nether scroll and Edwina problem

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Unseelie

Unseelie
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:40 PM

First time playing the mod, and loving it so far. Unfortunately I have a wee problem (or I'm just stupid)... I have Polish version of BG2 so it's easy to see which part of Edwin talk is from mod :D Anyway - Eddie asked 'bout going for the Nether Scroll, been there, done that - now the question is wether there's a part of mod speech in conversation with Lich? After gettin' the scroll, no lovetalk, orginal parts of scroll 'discoveries' and when he finally turns Edwina - orginal BioWare talk (and after reading the forum I got the impression there should be sth from the mod). After that Edwina isn't say anything, after changing back into Edwin no lovetalk.... sth got scr**d up, and I don't know what, but desperately want to finish the mod! I want my Eddie ;(
Passion flows from the heart like blood from a wound. Staunch it and it clots and scars. Leave it to run free and it may kill you.

#2 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:25 PM

Yes, something is definitely wrong. The conversation with the lich and the transformation to Edwina are original dialogue, but you should have several lovetalk conversations with Edwina, and certainly lovetalks after she becomes Edwin again.

The most common cause of problems is that the installaton is somehow messed up. I would recommend trying to first uninstall and reinstall the mod (And other mods if you have them) and reinstalling (Always try to reinstall mods in the same order.) If that doesn't work, uninstalling and reinstalling the game usually works.

#3 Unseelie

Unseelie
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:17 AM

Yes, something is definitely wrong. The conversation with the lich and the transformation to Edwina are original dialogue, but you should have several lovetalk conversations with Edwina, and certainly lovetalks after she becomes Edwin again.

The most common cause of problems is that the installaton is somehow messed up. I would recommend trying to first uninstall and reinstall the mod (And other mods if you have them) and reinstalling (Always try to reinstall mods in the same order.) If that doesn't work, uninstalling and reinstalling the game usually works.

thank you I shall try that ;] how soon should I expect first Edwinta talk? (to check if everything is ok this time).
Passion flows from the heart like blood from a wound. Staunch it and it clots and scars. Leave it to run free and it may kill you.

#4 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:18 PM

thank you I shall try that ;] how soon should I expect first Edwinta talk? (to check if everything is ok this time).

It should come soon after the transformation. It's been ages since I played it, but I think it's directly afterwards, or else the first time you rest.

#5 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 10:04 PM

As I remember it, Edwina says just a few words right after the transformation and then later comes the lovetalk, probably the "what are you staring at, wench?" So it's not immediately after the transformation. Or.. so I remember it. :D

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#6 Unseelie

Unseelie
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:19 AM

It should come soon after the transformation. It's been ages since I played it, but I think it's directly afterwards, or else the first time you rest.

Re-Installed and eveyrthing is OK :D *stupid windows, damn you, Bill Gates!*

#7 -schizo-

-schizo-

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:23 AM

Well, i have the same problem like unseelie. I followed the advise mentioned in this thread, un-and reinstalled the mod and the game, even started a new char. And it still doesn't work. Edwin turned into Edwina, no LT (i'm playing the german version of BG2, so i can tell quite easylie which dialogues are modified ;) ) after the incident, no LT after the first rest, or the second, or the third... I'm am now almost done with the Nalia-Stronghold-Quest (Eddie turned into Edwina like 2 IT-days before i started that quest) and Edwina remains silent...

So, do someone have any idea what is wrong with my BG2? ToB and the latest patch are installed as is Eddy ToB-Romance. The only other mod is DungeonBeGone. Before I reinstalled the game I had installed the Chloe-mod but she weren't in the group.
So, any ideas anyone? The romance was quite to good and funny to be killed bye a bug :(

#8 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:08 AM

Scizo, do you play thru the game pretty fast? If so, it usually takes about 30 minutes between LT's. I've found that game time doesn't usually matter. Have you tried to leave your game on pause for 30 minutes or so and then see when you resume if the talk appears? Also, try checking the Romance Variable to make sure that the romance is still active. I've forgotten the code for the moment, but it is elsewhere in this forum. I also have Dungeon Be Gone and Chloe and those work fine with the Eddie Romance. Check your romance variable first and then let us know if you still have the problem.

#9 Kania

Kania

Haer'Dalis, meldo nin, phae-me, mellt'e-tehi!

• 162 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:57 PM

*offtop* Chloe?!! *vomits* WHAT do you need this... this THING for?? */offtop*
I tire... I'll be MUCH MORE AGREEABLE with REST!!

#10 -Schizo-

-Schizo-

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:43 AM

*offtop* Chloe?!! *vomits* WHAT do you need this... this THING for?? */offtop*

Well, to be honest, the idea of lesbians was quite... interresting. But I kicked her out of the group after the first banter with Imoen.

Backtotopic:
Checked Variables, they were ok, so I had the game running for 2 hours while I had to do some hebrew for University (my brain huuuuuuurts). I got like 2 billion chats from Lilacor and, finally, after 45 minutes the "wench" LT from Eddie. Yeah! :D

So thank you all, I might be back with some stupid questions and bad grammar soon ;)

#11 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:39 AM

Quote - Well, to be honest, the idea of lesbians was quite... interresting. But I kicked her out of the group after the first banter with Imoen.

I know how you feel! I was curious, too, but never finished a game with her, either!
Quote -Backtotopic:
Checked Variables, they were ok, so I had the game running for 2 hours while I had to do some hebrew for University (my brain huuuuuuurts). I got like 2 billion chats from Lilacor and, finally, after 45 minutes the "wench" LT from Eddie. Yeah!

I'm so glad the pausing worked for you! I had a hunch you were a veteran player so that you play quickly and the LT's seem to take longer. Now that you're back on track - ENJOY! Eddie is SO worth it!

***Kania, you've tried Chloe??? I can't believe it! Hee hee! ***

#12 Kania

Kania

Haer'Dalis, meldo nin, phae-me, mellt'e-tehi!

• 162 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:15 PM

Minarvia, dear, of course NOT! I'm a translator, remember? And lesbians or gays is the last thing I would hate. T'is Chloe herself - sooo disgusting, irritating, annoying wench! How she behaves! What in the Nine Hells she thinks of herself to decide instead of the PC what to do with Cernd? And other "nice" episodes like that. Phew! Even insufferable Korgan didn't decide, who must be in the PC's party!

Anyways it's not the place to discuss such disgusting things. ;)
I tire... I'll be MUCH MORE AGREEABLE with REST!!

#13 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:22 AM

To me, Chloe sounds very very very good. :D But that's just me, and this is like sooooo wrong topic for this discussion. *ahem* :whistling:

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.