testing and playing

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:59 AM

Hi,

I am started this game and seems it is cool. Thanks SBB. I will post here my comments, feature request and bugs here.

1- Kobold fighter Meepo has no avatar in his inventory and he doesnt have any biography.
2- A weird thing happens when you click on meepo after completing Rescue Calcryx quest see attachment

Attached File  untitled.bmp   469.8K   297 downloads

Edited by sadun, 18 December 2005 - 02:20 AM.

#2 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:26 AM

3- When i go to exit that is near the kobold leader meepo doesnt come with party and i am stuck there i cant go back cause it says you must gather your party and cant get meepo either double clicking on him doesnt center on him

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 05:36 AM

The game does not have a paperdoll for kobolds. I have tried several times to make one but they never come out right. So for now, there isn't one.

Your screen shot shows that the dialog.tlk file is corrupt. Not sure why, did you have ShadowKeeper, NI, or the game itself open when installing the mod? I am working on some dialogs right now so I will run through Meepo's to make sure it is fine.

Edit: I was incorrect. Meepo's CRE points to string references that are not his. That is where the spell descriptions come from. I have this fixed for the next version.

The dialog problem may also explain why you are having problems leaving the area. After talking to Yusdrayl, Meepo should tell to go through the other doorway and that he will take you there. You then have a cutscene with him hopping down to that door and you following (I shortened this down to just jumping everyone to the new place instead).

Edit: Since the dialog file is not corrupt, I am not sure why you are having this problem. However, Meepo should have told you that he knew of another way into the goblin area. You can ignore him, but you will walk right into several traps by going this way.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 18 December 2005 - 08:42 AM.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#4 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:44 AM

Thanks SBB. I get over the situation by kicking out the party. But after i cant get him again.

Another thing i think Vyatri's pub at the Saltmarsh is copied from Den of seven wolves inn from the Waukeens Promenede but barmaid still refers to as its name is den of the seven wolves.

Edited by sadun, 18 December 2005 - 09:46 AM.

#5 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 10:37 AM

Lord Logan give me haunted house mission but when i leave the town no where to go on the map. All greyed out. Crypt door not opening and the door at the lower level of Mayor's House is not opening.

k solved it seems you can only go from the south west gate

I have cleared haunted house and saved the kidnappers so what now mayor only saying "do you need anything". Seems cant finish quest.

By the way this game is so hard cause quest and journal entries are not detailed and you cant get any clue about the situations

Edited by sadun, 18 December 2005 - 01:41 PM.

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:45 PM

The mayor or the captain tell you to go out the southwest gate. At this point, it is the only possible quest you can do. Don't worry about the crypt, that will come later in this game.

Pub is fixed, thanks for finding that error.

Classic Adventures

#7 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:41 AM

i go to haunted house and saved kids now what? I am stuck i think

Rurik made an ammo belt when i first choosed plate mail and after three options remains but producing nothing. Still cutscene working and taking 1 day. is it normal?

I cant go to back part 1 is it what supposed to be?

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:31 AM

Is Rurik doing the Cromwell cutscene at the force? There is at patch here some so this should work correctly.

At the house, look around on the top level, you missed the other staircase.

Classic Adventures

#9 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:51 AM

Yes he is doing the cromwell's cutscene but not producing anything. Dump me alright found it :)

Edited by sadun, 19 December 2005 - 11:51 AM.

#10 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:04 PM

Hmm, well then I broke something in his script. Okay, I will have to test it again and see what is wrong. Thanks.

Classic Adventures

#11 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:12 AM

Icebolt spell has no image in the spell bookAttached File  untitled.bmp   469.8K   265 downloads

#12 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:54 AM

Where is she sleeping? :D Attached File  untitled.bmp   469.8K   307 downloads

#13 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:00 AM

I can't access the last one, the file never opens. What is the issue?

Classic Adventures

#14 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:04 AM

Inside one of the tents a woman is sleeping over the tent like hanging in the air. Graphical glitch.

#15 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:06 AM

Okay, I will have to check it and add to the next patch. Version .33 is already done and uploaded. You should see it in a few days.

Classic Adventures

#16 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:50 AM

k then i am going to reinstall currently using .32 and will continue reporting with the new version. Or do you want me to finish the game once with this version?

Edited by sadun, 21 December 2005 - 07:52 AM.

#17 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:18 AM

.33 is a patch and an additional mod. Most of what you are working on will stay the same. I do have some fixes but not many. So please continue and I will work up another small patch after the holidays with all of your noted issues.

.33 does have changes to some areas that you may not see now, one being a new NPC at the beginning of the game. He isn't complete (no voiceset) but he works. Also, at the bottom of the ship, you will find a crate with high level weapons. This has been changed in the new version. Blush and Aesdale should now work correctly and Rurik was able to make armor for me correctly (I had a global wrong for him).

Classic Adventures

#18 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:35 AM

1- I have done boat quests and lizardmen quests Killed Wyverns and now when i go to report about alliance offer Captain didnt say anything i am stuck at that point. Find the secret hideout quest still in my quest book.

2- Book merchant mentioned about the dwarf treasure and asked to come back 1 week later 10 days passed still nothing to say

Feature Request

1- Make it possible to return back to old areas. I am in chapter 2 and wanna go chapter 1 areas

2- Remove that time prerequisites better than hitting ctrl+T.

#19 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:14 PM

Book merchant isn't done yet. There is another topic here about it. This will be Rurik's quest when you are much higher in level. The merchant will have a dialog after 1 week saying that you need to go to his store in Selgaunt. Since Selgaunt isn't done yet...

Which time prereq's? Logically the town council needs time to meet. I use this time for people that need to rest their parties.

Saltmarsh captain has a dialog fix here somewhere.

Oh yeah, there isn't any reason to go back to Chapter 1. At this point, the village is ruined. I don't have any graphics of burnt buildings that I could use. So I removed the town. This really isn't any different than BG1 kicking you out of Candlekeep and not being able to return. When you do, it isn't the same anyway.

Classic Adventures

#20 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:12 PM

Thanks SBB. sry for posting before searching other posts. You are so nice that not pointing my lazyness. :cheers: