• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 02:55 PM

Well, seeing as it was my birthday yesterday, I've decided to give you all a little gift. A couple of small previews, as a thanks for all the support.

First off, a sneak preview at one of the new planned items:

Ceremonial Armour +2

Ceremonial armour is forged by the best smiths in combination with the worshippers of Arvoreen to protect his most faithful warriors while serving him, by defending the innocent and helping him in his godly duties. This particular suit was made was given to Mazzy Fentan for rescuing a halfling convoy from the Purple Hills in Tethyr from a band of vicious Lizardmen.

STATISTICS:

Armour Class: 2
Equipped Abilities: Protection from Evil
+10% resistance to slashing, piercing & crushing
Weight: 15
Requires: 12 strength
Usable by:
Mazzy

And secondly, another LoveTalk preview:

Mazzy: *Sigh* Why can it not be so...

1) Is everything alright Mazzy? (A)
2) Did you say something Mazzy? (B)
3) A little quiet over there, wouldn't kill you. At this rate, I might. ©

A
-----
Mazzy: Yes...well, no, not really. I have just been thinking again. About paladinhood... I wish to be a paladin, a true
warrior of virtue. Alas, it is just not possible. Only humans are blessed with that position...

1) I think you'll make a fine paladin one day, Lady Fentan... it has a nice sound to it. (D)
2) Paladin is just a title Mazzy, and I know you. You are better than *any* paladin. (E)
3) When you grow up, you can be whatever you want. But, for now, you can be silent. (G)
4)[Paladin]One day, perhaps the racial rules involving paladinhood will be changed. For now, just remain virtuous and be
yourself Mazzy, for you can do no more, and nor, should you have to. (F)

B
-----
Mazzy: I did, actually... I was just thinking about becoming a paladin one day. Or, the fact that I will never be one,
because I am not a human, the only race blessed with paladin status.

1) One day, you'll make a great paladin. Lady Mazzy Fentan, bravest paladin on Toril! (D)
2) You don't need the title Mazzy. You're a paladin in every other way, and you deserve the title more than many who
already have it.(E)
3) A little silence, how hard can it be?? I've heard enough of your whining!! ©
4)[Paladin]The rules may change one day, and halflings will be allowed to become paladins,
though one can never be sure. Just be yourself Mazzy, nobody can ask for more than that. (F)

C
-----
Mazzy: How dare you speak to me in such a barbaric tone, I will not tolerate threats <CHARNAME>. You are not who I had
thought, you are not my friend, nor even a being of decency. I refuse to be part of such a band.[Romance Cancelled.]

D
-----
Mazzy: Thank you <CHARNAME>, though I am not foolish enough to believe that it is, infact, possible. I have no faith left
in that dream, though your support does me well to hear. Thank you. [Romance Continues.]

E
-----
Mazzy: I see your point, and thank you for your support. I will always desire the title, but, if I remain true to my faith,
and to myself, it will be enough. Thank you, your grace. You have made my day, considerably lighter. [Romance Continues.]

F
-----
Mazzy: That is easier for you to say being a paladin yourself. I know you are merely trying to cheer
me up but your status, the 'title' makes me somewhat jealous. I am sorry, I just require some
time. Please, forgive me. [Romance Continues.]

G
-----
Mazzy: Grow up? How very clever of you <CHARNAME>. You act like a child, I have no desire to continue this discussion. I ask
that you do not attempt to converse idly with me any time soon.[Romance Cancelled.]

Well, that's all for now, but stay tuned. The next lot will consist of a few screenshots ;)

SK

Current Mods in the Works: The Mazzy Romance Mod

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:22 AM

Ceremonial armour is forged by the best smiths in combination with the worshippers of Arvoreen to protect his most faithful warriors while serving him, by defending the innocent and helping him in his godly duties. This particular suit was made was given to Mazzy Fentan for rescuing a halfling convoy from the Purple Hills in Tethyr from a band of vicious Lizardmen.

Heh, sorry to nitpick here again, but I've underlined the parts that could be changed to something better IMHO.

1. [...in combination with...] I'd change to [in conjunction with...]
2. [...while serving him, by...] I'd change to [...while they serve him by...]
3. [...for rescuing a halfling convoy from the Purple Hills in Tethyr from a band of vicious Lizardmen.]
I'd change to
[...for rescuing a halfling convoy from a vicious band of lizardmen in the Purple Hills of Tethyr.]

Again, soz, but I couldn't resist. :D

Edited by Archmage Silver, 23 December 2005 - 04:11 AM.

#3 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:41 PM

Not a problem, improving things is always good. I've been meaning to redo the item descriptions for a while now, and I'm finally going to do it now. I'll keep your suggestions in mind, they're good. :D

SK

#4 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:10 PM

I recall in one of Mazzy's Dialogues she remarks that she doesn't care about titles. I'm not sure which one though.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#5 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:16 PM

Hmm, I'll have to check that out. Thanks for bringing it up :)

SK

#6 masteraleph

masteraleph
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:51 PM

I recall in one of Mazzy's Dialogues she remarks that she doesn't care about titles. I'm not sure which one though.

Actually, IIRC there's one conversation with Aerie in which she expresses frustration with not being a paladin, but hopes for a "third edition" that will allow the potential for halfling paladins.

#7 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:57 PM

Yes, I do recall that banter. Aerie was saying how once upon a time Halflings were only rogues, and now they have warriors and priests. Mazzy went on she doubted there would be a 'third edition, as it were". Thanks for bringing that point up, masteraleph.

SK

#8 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 07:07 PM

Just wondering, that talk you wrote, will it be a friendship talk or a lovetalk? I dunno, just wondered, since only humans can be paladins, and only gnomes, halflings and dwarves? were able to romance her.

Unless there is a mod I haven't heard of, that enables all classes for all races. Wouldn't that be something.. sigh..
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#9 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 03:12 PM

This talk is in both the friendship track and the romance. The Paladin only options will obviously not be in the romance but will be available to any paladin's taking the friendship path.

SK

#10 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:01 PM

This talk is in both the friendship track and the romance. The Paladin only options will obviously not be in the romance but will be available to any paladin's taking the friendship path.

SK

I forgot the friendship factor... :doh:
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#11 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 05:54 PM

Don't worry about it, somehow I doubt you'll be the last :D

SK

#12 -Skai-

-Skai-

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:08 PM

You had me fooled there a moment, when I read the first line of the lovetalk. Thought Mazzy was wondering about someone's feelings towards her :wub:

EEhh... Good job anyways :rolleyes:

#13 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:02 PM

Sorry to dissapoint you :D
Thanks for the support though!

SK