Photo

Patch .33 installation Error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:10 AM

Love Classic adventures v.32. Found a few bugs but most have been identified by others. I have been patiently waiting for updates. Was excited to see V.33 posted. Tried to install and was unable due to the following error

ERROR: error loading [CA033MM\ITM/TCCLCK03.it]
Stopping installation because of error.

Has anyone successfully installed V.33 yet?

SBB, Can you help me with my error.
Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#2 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:48 PM

Love Classic adventures v.32. Found a few bugs but most have been identified by others. I have been patiently waiting for updates. Was excited to see V.33 posted. Tried to install and was unable due to the following error

ERROR: error loading [CA033MM\ITM/TCCLCK03.it]
Stopping installation because of error.

Has anyone successfully installed V.33 yet?

SBB, Can you help me with my error.

Well, I think I solved my problem.
I edited the file "Setup-Classics.TP2"
and changed the line "CA033MM\ITM/TCCLCK03.it" to "CA033MM\ITM/TCCLCK03.itm"
and I now install successfully. :)
Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#3 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 01:42 PM

Thanks Mythry Eagle for finding that. And i get this warning dont know if it is important

WARNING: internal label [20] not found in processed DLG [TCSANBAL]

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 01:46 PM

Typos! :doh:

Yes, it should be an ITM file, not IT.

Sanbalt's dialog was updated for a comment by a new NPC, Paraway. That link should be okay. I tested it once, but I guess I should test it again.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 02:03 PM

Here is a fixed TP2 file. Just extract the RAR file and place this one over the bad file.

The second file is Paraway's dialog when he is with the party. Before installing the mod, place this into the CA033MM\D folder. Make sure it overwrites the other file. This will fix the parsing error you see (it really was a bug).

Attached Files

Classic Adventures

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 January 2006 - 11:38 PM

I can?t get it working correctly. Even with the patches you have posted I still am getting an error message during installation. WARNING: internal label [20] not found in processed DLG [TCSANBAL] Also when I try to install everything it suddenly stops during the installation process. I can get a file in my BG folder which says Uninstall_TC_Areas but I do not have once showing for the new areas because of some trouble while installing the patch. I can open the game but it always crashing during the character creation stage.

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:11 AM

Did you place the TCPARAJ.D file into the CA033MM\D folder? It needs to overwrite the file already there.

Can you upload the SETUP-CA033MM.DEBUG file? It sounds like a problem at the end of the install. What files are placed into the SoA folder at the end of the install?

Classic Adventures

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:48 PM

Did you place the TCPARAJ.D file into the CA033MM\D folder? It needs to overwrite the file already there.

done.

Can you upload the SETUP-CA033MM.DEBUG file? It sounds like a problem at the end of the install. What files are placed into the SoA folder at the end of the install?

Did it and tried again. I still have the same trouble. I wil wait for the next complete update to try the new areas. Until then I will kepp enjoying the first version.