Exnem's Items

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:21 PM

Exnem created a mod of uber items. His website is called Exnem's Vault. I think it is still out there somewhere. The items are cool but way overbalanced. Most swords are +5. There is a +10 Ring of Protection. Call them what you will, some players love this stuff.

Exnem's original mod replaces area files (ARE) and creatures (CRE). My update was to use Weidu to add the items to the same locations and creatures but without having to replace the files. Therefore, when you install this mod, you will have several parts to install. The first is the actual items and new spells. The second is the updated areas, and the third is updated creatures.

Now, I don't make this easy by placing a +5 sword in someone's inventory. Oh no, you will find that the enemy is using or wearing the item that you hope to get. Therefore, fighting Samia who now has an AC of -10 because of her platemail should be a better challenge for you.

At version 5, this mod is not compatible with KD's updated version of CtB. It will work with the older version however. Version 6 will hopefully fix this.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#2 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:46 PM

At version 5, this mod is not compatible with KD's updated version of CtB. It will work with the older version however. Version 6 will hopefully fix this.

Well, any news about v.6 then? :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#3 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:04 PM

Or, maybe, you could give some hints about nature of this incompatibility, so we could make our mind about importance of it's consequences or even try to fix them locally?

BTW, I've just noticed that Exnem' v5 .tp2 has duplicated block for "Smart Fireball" spell installation. C/p typo perhaps? ;)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:32 PM

Possible typo. I haven't looked at this mod in ages now. I had planned on revising it after CtB was done. Now it is. I guess I can also look at the BP beta to see if there will be any problems or not.

The problem with CtB is that it used all the possible random treasure "levels", i.e poor treasure to high treasure - what a kobold has vs what a dragon has. Exnem also added to this table and the two combined causes really strange results. A dragon may drop 5 GP but a kobold may drop the Staff of the Magi or something.

Anyway, I do plan to get back to this, I just happen to be way behind on all these mods right now. Too much RL taking up my gaming time.

Thanks for the typo spotting. I will see about reviewing the whole TP2 file also.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website