15 replies to this topic

#1 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:39 PM

Hi all,

please is there someone who knows/have a complete walkthrough for NTotSC (not DSotSC)? I'm trying to playing/testing it fully but i've never completed everything with this mod :P

I'm actually stacked in northern citadel, speaked with everyone there and i don't know what other else i could do to improve on the quest ... ?

thanks in advance,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#2 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:23 AM

Walkthru would be very nice for testing purposes.

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:35 PM

Then make one. :)

I have given you pointers in the readme file. Everyone does read that, right?

If you had talked to everyone at the citadel, you should have received a scroll from one of them. Try it on the person everyone accuses. That should get you back into the quest.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#4 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:04 PM

Then make one. :)

I have given you pointers in the readme file. Everyone does read that, right?

If you had talked to everyone at the citadel, you should have received a scroll from one of them. Try it on the person everyone accuses. That should get you back into the quest.

I'd do one for sure as soon as i have a complete/full understanding about everything related to the mod. But actually i'm pretty ignorant about it (it's the only BG1 mod i've never played). Unfortunately the readme file (even spoilers) is not so much helpful :-( There are names of people i even never encountered.

About the citadel, i have spoken with everyone there and none gave me a scroll. I can guess the story is related with captain of the guards, but still no people can help me ...

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 10 January 2006 - 07:55 AM.

#5 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:20 AM

Hmmm ... is there none able to help in writing a NTotSC walkthorugh? I'm really willing to do that, but like i said previously i have no experience with this mod :-(

Hope someone have some time and can help around here ;-)

mm75

#6 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 03:25 AM

I have a walkthrough but it is in polish. When i`ll have some time i`ll translate it.

#7 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 04:26 AM

I have a walkthrough but it is in polish. When i`ll have some time i`ll translate it.

Oh that would be really nice friend, but please can you send me even the polish one? I think i have a friend you can translate it for me ...

if you want/can, send me a PM and i'll give you my e-mail,

thanks a lot,

mm75

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 03:10 PM

Spoiler

Talk to Eldod (captain of the guard), go inside and talk to Satos. He will introduce everyone. Afterwards, to left/North to area that looks like a BG city house. Talk to the guard in here (Pique I think). Go upstairs and talk to Avery (cleric) and Lenore (women). Lenore is your key person. She will ask to join, be nice but don't let her (she can't and doesn't anyway). Go back to first room (Satos area).

Go out East door (just right of fire pot) and this should be a store area from Ulgoth's Beard. Talk to the paladin if you want. Talk to the guy next to the "begger". You can talk to the begger too. Go downstairs and talk to Shelton. If you have the latest version of the mod, the correct Shelton is here. After talking to him about Eldod, go back upstairs. Watch the attack on the begger. Head to Satos.

Don't bother talking to Satos, but do head back upstairs to talk to Lenore. She should give you the scroll. Take that across the hallway to find Eldod in his room. Depending on your conversation with him (and if you used the scroll on him), the real murderer is revealed. If you heal Eldod, he will tell you to go to the crypt to find an ogre magi. If you pissed off Eldod, he goes downstairs and kills Satos.

If Satos is dead, a later quest is unavailable. So "Restore" Eldod and go talk to Satos. He will give you the key to the crypt. From there, go outside and head north to the crypt.

Depending on your actions, various people inside will either help you or be "charmed" by the ogre magi to fight you. So not being an ass with your dialogs earlier will help you now. When done, go back to Satos and get your reward. Later, you can talk to the Helm priest and Avery again to open the altar for a key you need at the end of the game. If Satos is killed, this will not be possible.

Classic Adventures

#9 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:32 PM

Spoiler

Talk to Eldod (captain of the guard), go inside and talk to Satos. He will introduce everyone. Afterwards, to left/North to area that looks like a BG city house. Talk to the guard in here (Pique I think). Go upstairs and talk to Avery (cleric) and Lenore (women). Lenore is your key person. She will ask to join, be nice but don't let her (she can't and doesn't anyway). Go back to first room (Satos area).

Go out East door (just right of fire pot) and this should be a store area from Ulgoth's Beard. Talk to the paladin if you want. Talk to the guy next to the "begger". You can talk to the begger too. Go downstairs and talk to Shelton. If you have the latest version of the mod, the correct Shelton is here. After talking to him about Eldod, go back upstairs. Watch the attack on the begger. Head to Satos.

Don't bother talking to Satos, but do head back upstairs to talk to Lenore. She should give you the scroll. Take that across the hallway to find Eldod in his room. Depending on your conversation with him (and if you used the scroll on him), the real murderer is revealed. If you heal Eldod, he will tell you to go to the crypt to find an ogre magi. If you pissed off Eldod, he goes downstairs and kills Satos.

If Satos is dead, a later quest is unavailable. So "Restore" Eldod and go talk to Satos. He will give you the key to the crypt. From there, go outside and head north to the crypt.

Depending on your actions, various people inside will either help you or be "charmed" by the ogre magi to fight you. So not being an ass with your dialogs earlier will help you now. When done, go back to Satos and get your reward. Later, you can talk to the Helm priest and Avery again to open the altar for a key you need at the end of the game. If Satos is killed, this will not be possible.

Thanks A LOT Sir BB,

as far as i remember i've done those steps but didn't get the scroll ... but i'll test it again.

This evening i guess i have time to test it ;-)

CU soon,

mm75

UPDATE: OK, it seems fine until cript. I don't know if it is correct (or bugs?) but so far here is how the actions must be done:
- You cannot have a dialog with Eldod as soon as you reach the citadel. It simply says that he doesn't care of people coming from BG.
- You MUST speak to Lenore first, THEN to Pique (Pique simplyhas nothing to say to you).
- The VERY FIRST time you speak to Lenore she gives us the scroll, THEN she just says to find missing people.
- AFTER you've spoken with Shelton, you must go OUTSIDE and speak with Eldod (because he is still here), THEN he goes upstairs to his room so ... at that time you must "follow" him and release him.

Of course i think these are not bugs, i just wanted to compare with you your spoiler to see if there could be something wrong or not ;-)

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 12 January 2006 - 11:23 PM.

#10 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:24 PM

UPDATE, PL look post above.

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 12 January 2006 - 11:25 PM.

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:14 AM

Your order sounds good. Eldod should be able to say something when you first meet him. I will have to check on the conditions for that. I do remember now that you have to talk to him again to make him go inside. As for the rest, I can't remember the order of talking. It is definitely a long series of running around and talking to the right people. As long as you do it right, it works. Talking to the wrong person in order doesn't effect your game, it is just annoying.

Classic Adventures

#12 pappy

pappy
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:31 AM

after talking to satos and getting the reward at the end, talked to avery, and he just told me about the ward...didn't give me a key...do i need to get in that locked altar?

#13 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:24 PM

You can pickpocket Avery for the key as one solution. I did that in one runthrough.
I got stuck with the lesser tanarri at the last little part after the Cult stuff. I had the body but they seemed to ignore it and I just thrashed them all :vbat:

Edited by Hoppy, 01 February 2008 - 07:29 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#14 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:11 AM

after talking to satos and getting the reward at the end, talked to avery, and he just told me about the ward...didn't give me a key...do i need to get in that locked altar?

I think this may be where things are unclear. I believe, before you can get the key by dialog, you need to go and clear the salamanders from the island you are told about, which is where Nadalin comes into play. I'll check it out when I get to that point in my game.

Looking at the .d, there is no action to give you the key. I'll see what needs to be fixed.

Edited by erebusant, 02 February 2008 - 07:27 AM.

It takes a village...

#15 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:01 AM

You can pickpocket Avery for the key as one solution. I did that in one runthrough.
I got stuck with the lesser tanarri at the last little part after the Cult stuff. I had the body but they seemed to ignore it and I just thrashed them all :vbat:

U needed the body AND the Goblin's bow to solve that quest mate :-)

As far Avery is concerned i've never had issue with him ... i'm not sure he has to giveu key ... but going by memory right now,

mm75

#16 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

I think this may be where things are unclear. I believe, before you can get the key by dialog, you need to go and clear the salamanders from the island you are told about, which is where Nadalin comes into play. I'll check it out when I get to that point in my game.

Looking at the .d, there is no action to give you the key. I'll see what needs to be fixed.

Avery has the key (which is in error). What is supposed to happen is his dialog at the end gives you a clue about the key. The only problem is the clue is in pretty rudimentary translated English, so it is pretty vague. There are a couple of sequences that work.
1. Clear North Citadel, and talk to Avery who gives you the clue about the key,(however he doesn't reveal the Northern Coast on the Map). By the way, currently the only way to reveal the Northern Coast (AR20PB) is to travel to the Field of the Dead, and exit it from the Western edge of the map. Anywho,,,, continue to the Northern Coast and talk to the Fisherman leader who asks you to kill the salamanders, then you do that and talk to him again, where you'll have the option to ask about an Island to the northwest. He'll send you to find Nadalin who is in the Docks area of Baldur's Gate. You then go talk to Nadalin who give you the quest to get rid of the salamanders, or notes that they are dead and books off back to his boat. Then you go back to the Northern Coast and talk to Nadalin who takes you the the Salamader Island where you do a quest, and the key to the Alter in Northern Citadel is given to you.
2. Talk to Nadalin (you need a rep of GT 12 btw or you won't get anymore dialog) then go to the Northern Coast, kill the salamanders, go back to nadalin and he books. Then after you get the avery dialog, nadalin is already waiting for you.

It takes a village...