CTD when entering Haeball's tower

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Thauron

Thauron
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:20 PM

Hi, I have encountered a problem.
When I try to enter Haeball's tower in AR9000 the game crashes to desktop. The cause of the problem is the plot item in the container.
The cause of the problem wasn't too difficult to find since both NI and DLTCEP reported there were problems with the plot items of DLTCEP:
IPLOT01K.ITM, IPLOT04G.ITM, IPLOT04H.ITM and IPLOT04I.ITM seem all to be corrupt. I am afraid I can't post any more details since NI as well as DLTCEP refuse to open these files.
Problem is I couldn't find any item with those names in the NTOTSC-directory or zip-file - So i have no clue where to start looking - otherwise I haven't encountered any problems in the game, thus far.

My install:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.5 WeiDU
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #0 #1 // Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v105 WeiDU
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v105 WeiDU
~SETUP-CTB-TDDFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // CtB-TDDv1.05 Compatibility Fix
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.6
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.04 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-BGT-MAIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.80 Mod
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Area .tis files. (Required)
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.40 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Now for the decompression of area .tis files.
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.01 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install the new areas? This must be done at least once!
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project for BGT: Core Install
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project for BGT-Weidu: Phase I (Banters)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project for BGT-Weidu: Phase II (Quests and Interjections)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // Give Edwin his BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // Give Minsc his BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // Non-joinable character portraits
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // Coran's Romance Core (Rated: R)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // Placeholder 1: New Quests
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // Dynaheir's Romance Core (Rated PG13)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #18 // Shar-Teel Relationship Core (Rated R)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #19 // Branwen's Romance Core (Rated PG13)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #21 // Xan's Romance Core (Rated PG13)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // Ajantis Romance Core (Rated PG13)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #23 // Female Romance Challenges
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Coran's Romance Speed (45 minutes)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #29 // Dynaheir's Romance Speed: 45 minutes
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #33 // Xan's Romance Speed: 45 minutes
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #37 // Shar-Teel's Relationship Speed: 45 minures
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #41 // Branwen's Romance Speed: 45 minutes
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #45 // Ajantis' Romance Speed: 45 minutes
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #100 // Install Player-Initiated Dialogues
~SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #10 // XP Cap Remover
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Female Edwina
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - Big Picture compatibility mod including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~SETUP-TDD-FIX1.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v105 WeiDU - PATCH #6
~SETUP-SOS-FIX1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v105 WeiDU - PATCH #5
~SETUP-TS-BP-FIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.04 (for BP) - PATCH #2
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding staff)
~SETUP-TGC1E.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight, BGT-WeiDU edition v1.01
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #7 // Reduce to 10%
~SETUP-CTB-FIX1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v160 WeiDU - PATCH #1
~PROLOGUE/PROLOGUE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Restored Prologue Textscreen Music for BG1TuTu and BGT-WeiDU
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Eldoth reminds of Skie's ransom
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Sarevok and Semaj
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Major locations explored upon visit
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Druid/Ranger-responsive bears in BG1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Happy patch: NPCs cannot choose to leave the party

If anyone can help, I would be very grateful.

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:58 PM

:fish:

Those are standard items in SoA/ToB! They have nothing to do with BGT, DSotSC, or NTotSC. Therefore, you have some other problem.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 Thauron

Thauron
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:20 AM

Huh? But what are these items doing in Haeball's tower? - at least one of them was there, when I opened AR9001 with NI.
Hmmm, I have no idea where I have to start tinkering to solve this problem. - or what messed these items up.
Well, a reinstall might be best then - I was already planning to do one anyway, to test my own mod on as clean an install as possible. So, not too much harm done.
Thanx for the quick reply, SirBillyBob

Edited by Thauron, 12 January 2006 - 12:22 AM.

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:39 PM

IPLOT01K.ITM, IPLOT04G.ITM, IPLOT04H.ITM and IPLOT04I.ITM

Well I don't have a BGT game with me on travel right at the moment. These four items are rings (according to DLTCEP). However, yes, neither NI nor DLTCEP can open them. If I remember right, BGT-BP is the only BG2 version that doesn't have this problem with opening these files. I guess Horred fixed them.

I did not use any of these items in DSotSC or in NTotSC. So I am not sure why you see one in AR9001. Perhaps when you were in NI, you changed an item in the container? I will check it again this weekend.

Classic Adventures

#5 Thauron

Thauron
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:18 AM

Yes, with me re-install I noticed these IPLOT-items are screwed up even before adding any mods.
Well if I remember correcty, the following happened when I checked AR9001 with NI.
I looked a container, with three items in it - don't remember what the last two were, but the first was named something like 'rusted knife' - didn't look at the exact item name then so don't know what was it's label - can that be? As soon as I clicked to open that file however - NI gave me error messages about the IPLOT-items - upon returning to AR9001, I saw an IPLOT-item at the place were the 'rusty whatever' used to be - now named 'error' or somesuch. Did I somehow stupidly replace the item with the fubarred IPLOT-item? And did I, in my utmost stupidity, then conclude that the cause must be the IPLOT-item? Might be but I don't know - can't check it either now, since I reinstalled the entire thing.

So, it might not be the item or the container at all which caused the crash but something entirely different - the crash happened (several times) before me fumbling around in AR9001 however so there must have been something else wrong.
But if no-one else reports this, it must have been some install-glitch at my part - so don't bother about it.

#6 -Today-

-Today-

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:14 PM

I had the same problems that you mentioned here, and I found the solution by myself trying many things.
The cause of this CTD is because some necessary files to load the area are missing.
AR9001.tis AR9002.tis and AR9002.mos should be in your ovrride folder but for some reasons, I assume that the installer missed installing these files on your override folders. You should have those files on your Notsc folder in your BG2 folders. Just copy those files from there and paste them into your override folders. It will possibly solver the problems as far as my experiences. I thought this is just my installation problems, but because you posted this bug here too, I guess there might be some missing in installation process. It sould be the bug list if the modder notice it.

I wish it can help you a bit. Bye.

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:10 AM

The installer for NTotSC is told to copy everything from the NTotSC\Area folder to your override. I am not sure why you are not seeing some files get copied over. The command either copies everything or it doesn't. There is no option for it to pick and choice which files get copied.

Did either of you run the biff.bat file after installing the game? That may or may not have been the real cause.

Classic Adventures

#8 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 10:03 AM

There's something with your installation I think. Those items are not in that container. And they are indeed buggy, don't know why they were added to the game.

#9 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:49 PM

Area AR9001 has one container. The items inside are:

NTKEYPB3 Rusted Dagger
POTN13 Oil of Fiery Burning
SCRL2E Scroll of CloudKill

If you have anything different, you must have changed the ARE file and then saved your changes.

Classic Adventures