BGT mod combination

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 -Matthew-

-Matthew-

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:58 AM

I haven't played BG in quite awhile, but I saw all of the modding everyone is doing so I bought a new copy of the games (my brother has my old one) and planned out what I will use. I am hear hoping simply for a response telling me if this combo works and if my installation order is correct (I did check your suggested order), but I would also be happy to hear why, and what you might leave out/put in for story or other reasons.

Everything is pretty much from the Weidu site.

Install order:
BGT (zeta)
TACTICS (All)
ASCENSION (All)
ITEM UPGRADE w/audio
UNDERREPRESENTED ITEMS
SPELL 50
EASE OF USE (parts listed below)
(Infinite Weapon and Potion Stacking (ToB)
Multi-Class Grand Mastery
True Grand Mastery (Baldurdash)
Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings
XP Cap Remover (Baldurdash)
Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash, Bioware)
Imoen ToB Banter Fix (Compton)
Shapeshifter Rebalancing
Female Edwina Portrait (Davide Carta)
Romance Bug Fixes (Sabre, Richardson))

Maybe:
Saerileth (not from the Weidu site)
or
Multi-Romance Patch (Sabre, Richardson)

Multiple Strongholds (Sabre, Baldurdash)
Does anyone know (it has been awhile for me) if you get more items as payoff if you don?t accept (or don?t have the option to accept) a stronghold? I simply wanted to do the Fighter/Mage strongholds.

NotSC (weidu)
DsotSC (weidu)

Gibberlings three:
Improved Horn of Valhalla
Anniversary mod

I also plan to modify my NPC's kits using NI.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Matthew

#2 Thauron

Thauron
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:35 PM

Hi there,

I see no problems with your list. Your installation order should be:
1) BGT
2) DSOTSC (-don't use it's biff utility!)
3) NTOSC
4) All the others, in no particalur order
5) BP-BGT worlmap v5 (Yacomo's worldmap) - I think DSOTSC and NTOTSC require it but I might be wrong - check the readme.

Some notes:
- I don't understand the w/audio with Item Upgrade - I don't think it has any audio - but anyway, it's fully compatible so there should be no problem.
- I never played Saerileth, the Anniversary mod, Horn of Valhalla, Multiple Strongholds or Multi-Romance - So I can't help you with these.
I would only install them if they are on the BGT compatibility list.
- tweaking your NPCs with NI should be no problem, as long as you know what you're doing.
- If I can make a suggestion: BG1NPC4BGTv11 is also a great mod if you want banters and interjection during BG1 - makes it feel much more like BG2 - If you want to install that too, install it at stage 4 in my above installation order.

#3 -Matthew-

-Matthew-

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:25 PM

Thanks for the response, I will do it the way you suggested and check out the BG1 banterpack too. I'll mess around with Near Infinity for awhile to make sure I get it down. I know this is off-topic, but is it possible to double kit a charecter with NI? Example: Imoen an Assassin/Illusionist.
If not, is there a game modifier that can do that "safely" with BGT?

Apologies for the hear/here typo in the original..

#4 -Matthew-

-Matthew-

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:28 PM

(posted of original thread instead of as response)

Thanks for the response, I will do it the way you suggested and check out the BG1 banterpack too. I'll mess around with Near Infinity for awhile to make sure I get it down. I know this is off-topic, but is it possible to double kit a charecter with NI? Example: Imoen an Assassin/Illusionist.
If not, is there a game modifier that can do that "safely" with BGT?

Apologies for the hear/here typo in the original..

Oh, and the audio is just something extra for cespanar, not important i don't think, just trying to be as clear as possible.

#5 Thauron

Thauron
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:37 AM

I thought it was impossible to give one character two kits but I might be mistaking 'cause I never tried it yet. I thought you could only gain the advantages of one kit at a certain time, never two (hardcoded restriction I guess).

Didn't notice the typo, so don't be bothered about it - I do that all the time.

#6 -Matthew-

-Matthew-

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:52 PM

I extracted all of the files to the BGIISOA fill and the BGT prep exe won't accept any language (0,1,2) to install it. It gives me two errors, one saying translation not at 100 and the other saying it couldn't find bgt prep tp2, which is quite there.
Any ideas?

#7 Thauron

Thauron
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:07 PM

That's weird - and you did install it before everything else?
Please check:
Do you have: BG2 + TOB + latest patch (26498 for english)
full custom install BG1 + TOTSC - but that shouldn't be the problem since you did not even seem to get to where he asks for BG1

Did you have Baldurdash-weidu installed (some grammatical and spelling fixes for BG2 and TOB + other minor fixes)
I ask this because you usually install this before BGT but I don't think it's required for a BGT install - can't hurt though

I am afraid I can't really help you with this.

Edited by Thauron, 26 January 2006 - 02:08 PM.

#8 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:33 PM

I extracted all of the files to the BGIISOA fill and the BGT prep exe won't accept any language (0,1,2) to install it. It gives me two errors, one saying translation not at 100 and the other saying it couldn't find bgt prep tp2, which is quite there.
Any ideas?

Someone else had the same problem.

1 Where did you download the BGT099Z-Install.rar archive from?
2 Can you check whether the archive you downloaded has the folder called BGT in the root of the archive?
3 Can you then check whether it appears in your <BG2 installation directory> after extraction of that archive?
4 What archiver and version did you use to extract BGT099Z-Install.rar? I hope it is not WinACE!

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#9 -Matthew-

-Matthew-

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:41 PM

4 What archiver and version did you use to extract BGT099Z-Install.rar? I hope it is not WinACE!

I apologize, I did use WinAce. I tried Winrar instead and it worked fine. The installation worked correctly and the game works. Nice work to those that made this, it is pretty amazing. Thanks for all your help.

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:01 PM

I apologize, I did use WinAce. I tried Winrar instead and it worked fine. The installation worked correctly and the game works. Nice work to those that made this, it is pretty amazing. Thanks for all your help.

For the record, WinACE has known problems extracting WinRAR v2+ archives. It seems to have never been fixed...as of yet...

Edited by Ascension64, 26 January 2006 - 11:01 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#11 Borsook

Borsook
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:18 AM

For the record, WinACE has known problems extracting WinRAR v2+ archives. It seems to have never been fixed...as of yet...

out of curiousity why not rar 3+ then?