Is it safe to say "May this mod RIP"?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:46 PM

I've been coming to this site every once in a while to check on the progress of this mod, and having seen none, I think its clear that its is very unlikely that we will see this mod finished (im very sad to say, especially as I'd looked forward to it for a long while), due to the time that has elapsed since the release of BG2 and the gradual decline in interest in the game.

Quitch, please let us know...are you going to be coming back to this mod at some point in the future, or is it safe to say that its never going to be released?

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:07 AM

I've been coming to this site every once in a while to check on the progress of this mod, and having seen none, I think its clear that its is very unlikely that we will see this mod finished (im very sad to say, especially as I'd looked forward to it for a long while), due to the time that has elapsed since the release of BG2 and the gradual decline in interest in the game.

Quitch, please let us know...are you going to be coming back to this mod at some point in the future, or is it safe to say that its never going to be released?

I'm afraid to say you're probably right. I was really hoping to get the time to complete this mod, but alas, that doesn't appear likely now.

#3 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:54 AM

I'm afraid to say you're probably right. I was really hoping to get the time to complete this mod, but alas, that doesn't appear likely now.

I pray to Bhaal that it isn't so.
I'm in need of a good mod to get distracted with, and I would so like to see a little more "character" in Imoen.
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#4 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:10 AM

I'm pretty sure that this won't see any action before RtW is released.

When (and if) RtW is released, then maybe we'll see some action down here :)

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#5 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:11 AM

This Mod author is currently working on RtW, something which has been in devlopment for the past few years. Don't mistake project management for mod abandonment.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#6 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:33 PM

This Mod author is currently working on RtW, something which has been in devlopment for the past few years. Don't mistake project management for mod abandonment.

I have to admit, I do feel motivated every time I look at the Imoen portrait of BG1 Imoen for BG2. It's such an amazing piece of photoshop work. I wish someone had completed the work for all the BG1 NPCs.

I'm currently doing some contract work for Planewalker Games after which I will be finishing my work on Return to Windspear. Once that's done I'll evaluate whether this mod is a practical goal or not. I admit, I would very much like to do this mod still.

Attached Images

• IMOENc.jpg

Edited by Quitch, 20 February 2006 - 12:34 PM.

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:50 PM

I have to admit, I do feel motivated every time I look at the Imoen portrait of BG1 Imoen for BG2. It's such an amazing piece of photoshop work. I wish someone had completed the work for all the BG1 NPCs.

I'm currently doing some contract work for Planewalker Games after which I will be finishing my work on Return to Windspear. Once that's done I'll evaluate whether this mod is a practical goal or not. I admit, I would very much like to do this mod still.

damn, where's that portrait from? That's some work right there.

#8 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:41 PM

damn, where's that portrait from? That's some work right there.

Search for topics posted by me on the art forum. You should find a request for a different Imoen portrait, and this got posted as part of it I believe.

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:25 PM

I admit, I would very much like to do this mod still.

I'm sure I don't need to remind you how many folks are looking forward to you doing this mod.

B)

-Cybersquirt

#10 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:02 AM

I still need to play the series complete with mods :)

#11 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:51 AM

Not even Ascension?

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#12 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:42 PM

Only when I was play testing it. I haven't played the whole series post-Ascension.