Photo

Music question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 iguana-on-a-stick

iguana-on-a-stick
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:40 AM

I'm currently playing through RTT and I'm having a great time. (though I'm very glad I elected to play a sorcerer with the Emotion spell as one of his spell choices... don't know how I would have survived all those horribly tough monsters otherwise. Particularly those insta-killing spiders I ran into early on in the Wyvern Pit)

Now, I particularly enjoy the music. The maintheme is great, it almost feels like Baldurs Gate music style-wise, but many of the other tracks are great too. I frequently find myself unwilling to leave an unimportant area because I'm waiting for the music to finish.

The question now is: is it possible to extract that music from the game so I can listen to it elsewhere? I know it's possible with the normal BG2 music, using the ACM converter, but I haven't found any RTT ACMs except the maintheme. Any help with this?

#2 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:16 AM

The question now is: is it possible to extract that music from the game so I can listen to it elsewhere? I know it's possible with the normal BG2 music, using the ACM converter, but I haven't found any RTT ACMs except the maintheme. Any help with this?

sure. override folder and look for 'rttXX.wav".

they are .acm compressed, but I'm sure you know how to decompress them.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#3 iguana-on-a-stick

iguana-on-a-stick
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:18 AM

Ah, I was looking for ACM files. Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to decompress them. Repeated google searches have been disappointingly unenlightening. I presume I need a program or utility of some kind?

#4 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:26 AM

Try googling "acm2wav", and you should eventually come across a site with a download for it.

Alternatively, if you're using Winamp there are a few plug-ins which will allow you to play .acms without needing to decompress or convert them.

Edited by NiGHTMARE, 10 February 2006 - 08:26 AM.

#5 iguana-on-a-stick

iguana-on-a-stick
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:57 AM

Well, I have acm2wav, which is fine for converting normal ACM files. But these are already WAV files, so the utility can't convert them. Yet they are compressed, so winamp or mediaplayer can't play them.

I tried downloading plugins that allowed Winamp to play ACM files, but those didn't help with the compressed WAVs. So now I'm at a loss.

#6 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:07 AM

you can use NI to convert them into not-acm-compressed .wavs.

put acm2wav.exe in the folder where nearinfinity.jar is and run the tool.

select your .wav, look at NI folder and you'll find the not-acm-compressed .wav

I'm sure dltcep can do that as well, but I'm not that experienced in it. :)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#7 iguana-on-a-stick

iguana-on-a-stick
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:11 PM

That did the trick.

Thanks for the help. (Never did figure out NI before) Keep up the great work with this mod!