Photo

Valentine's Day

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Arlaya

Arlaya
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:26 PM

The lenght is good, I think he could have a little longer, but I'm just picking on :]

Huh, the avatar in first part is much better and I'm happy that in fan arts Eddie is more like on it.
The one from BG2 one is totaly unsexy, I could say :P

#22 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:32 PM

The one from BG2 one is totaly unsexy, I could say

Opinions differ. :)

#23 Kania

Kania

Haer'Dalis, meldo nin, phae-me, mellt'e-tehi!

• 162 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:31 AM

Are you using the BG2 avatar? Because that one does have much lighter hair than Edwin's BG1 portrait.

Nope, I mean combining the opinions. I use BG1 avatar, but there we can't see his hair well, so I think his hair are actually like on the SoA avatar. Or like Valery's. :D
I tire... I'll be MUCH MORE AGREEABLE with REST!!

#24 Black Mage

Black Mage

Stabbity Hadoken!

• 167 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:40 AM

Are you using the BG2 avatar? Because that one does have much lighter hair than Edwin's BG1 portrait.

Nope, I mean combining the opinions. I use BG1 avatar, but there we can't see his hair well, so I think his hair are actually like on the SoA avatar. Or like Valery's. :D

Actually, we can see more or less the same amount. His hair has become considerably lighter in between games...

Attached Images

• BG1Edwin.jpg
  • Edwin.jpg

Edited by Black Mage, 19 February 2006 - 08:41 AM.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

#25 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:21 AM

True. They changed artists, you can see that much. And the BG2 portrait really is totally unsexy, which is a matter of opinion, but that's MY opinion. :D But hey, whatta heck are these things? The coronet (or what ever it is in English) is different than in the first portrait and you can see his hair there, but what are those things on the sides? It's not hair, that's for sure.

Attached Images

• eddie2whaat.jpg

Edited by Ilmatar, 19 February 2006 - 09:22 AM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#26 Arlaya

Arlaya
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:29 AM

Uh, it seems to be like some kind of helmet? Maybe the one which is used by mages preventing their skulls to explode? :P I don't see another use for that thing.

Seriously, it can be some kind of coronet just for good luck (if someone could think so -.^)

And maybe he's hair are lighter 'cause he's getting old :P

#27 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:45 AM

Yeah, some sort of a helmet, probably. Buh. Well, I always did like the BG1 portraits' style much better, the outfits were a lot more logical, anyway. ;)

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#28 Kania

Kania

• 162 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:58 AM

They changed artists, you can see that much.

Nope, Ilmatar, they didn't. ALL BG1 and SoA portraits are made by Michael Sass himself in Photoshop, I checked that recently.

The SoA portrait, as I see it, is just a re-make of BG1 one. And in BG1 one I see no hair - t'is rather dark under his hood.
I don't understand what's wrong with a new diadem, I find it quite pretty. And that "things" are the moustaches I guesses :D

OLD??!! But not more that a year passed since we saw him the first time in BG1! Nope, I personally think his hair always were like on SoA portrait, we just couldn't see it in BG1 'cause he had a more solid hood.

Edited by Kania, 19 February 2006 - 10:07 AM.

#29 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:07 AM

They changed artists, you can see that much.

Nope, Ilmatar, they didn't. ALL BG1 and SoA portraits are made by Michael Sass himself in Photoshop, I checked that recently.

No kidding? :huh: Well that was interesting to know, thanks Kania. Guess he was after a bit different style then.

Oh and those aren't the moustaches, not even the beard or the sideburns. The things you can barely see under the hood? The things I circled? Looks more like a helmet or something, which I still think is an odd decision from the artist. As far as I know, mages really don't use helmets or other armor as they hinder your movements.

#30 Kania

Kania

• 162 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:21 AM

*giggle* I think he always has different styles. Most NWN and IWD portraits are his too.
As for Eddie I personally think that he wears a diadem and all other things are just decorations on his hair and beard.

#31 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

Oh and those aren't the moustaches, not even the beard or the sideburns. The things you can barely see under the hood? The things I circled? Looks more like a helmet or something, which I still think is an odd decision from the artist. As far as I know, mages really don't use helmets or other armor as they hinder your movements.

I know I shouldn't mess in with a ladies fancy, but that is meant to sides of his diadem. I wouldn't consider it a helmet, seeming the left open spaces on top and I assume back. I am assuming, because I think what style diadem it is based on but I can't find a picture on the internet, cause they show the more common day diadem's. I must admit though that I always have in my head as dark, because of the dark moustache in BG1. I can't say much about something being sexier (I'm hetero, sorry ;)). My opinion is that he looks more extravagant in BG2 and more sinister/mysterious in BG1

Edited by Deathsangel, 20 February 2006 - 03:57 PM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#32 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:50 AM

I know I shouldn't mess in with a ladies fancy, but that is meant to sides of his diadem. I wouldn't consider it a helmet, seeming the left open spaces on top and I assume back. I am assuming, because I think what style diadem it is based on but I can't find a picture on the internet, cause they show the more common day diadem's. I must admit though that I always have in my head as dark, because of the dark moustache in BG1. I can't say much about something being sexier (I'm hetero, sorry ;)). My opinion is that he looks more extravagant in BG2 and more sinister/mysterious in BG1

You're probably right. "Helmet" was the first word to come to mind as atleast I'm not a native speaker. Excuses, excuses! :D

Nice to have some manly opinions here, too. Didn't Mae'Var say something like "His name is Edwin. A bloody good spellcaster, but he likes his luxuries." So there, based on that the change of looks is logical. After chasing clues around Baldur's Gate with [Charname] he probably wanted to sleep in a bed and enjoy ladies and wine. :D

Edited by Ilmatar, 21 February 2006 - 01:50 AM.

#33 Black Mage

Black Mage

Stabbity Hadoken!

• 167 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:26 AM

Nice to have some manly opinions here, too.

I must get a manlier avatar. I'm obviously not making a lasting impression. -_-

I always thought he wore some sort of headband with an aventail or something stapled onto it. Closest thing I found thought were these:

Attached Images

• 05.jpg
  • Dsc12323.jpg

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

#34 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:54 AM

Yep the one on the left is the one I meant. You also have open eared ones I believe, but that is definitely the one I meant.

P.s. Don't worry Black Mage, I know your male :new_thumbs:

edit: argh still doing just :thumbs:, stupid me :wall:

Edited by Deathsangel, 21 February 2006 - 10:55 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#35 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:11 AM

Nice to have some manly opinions here, too.

I must get a manlier avatar. I'm obviously not making a lasting impression. -_-

I always thought he wore some sort of headband with an aventail or something stapled onto it. Closest thing I found thought were these:

Hahaha, sorry Black Mage, I knew you were a man, too, but somehow my mind was being very female oriented. :doh: Aaanyway. Thanks for the pics, now I have learnt something new. :D

#36 Kania

Kania

• 162 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:26 AM

A cute Eddie here, methinks. (And a new way to imagine Solaufein :rolleyes: )
Posted Image