Photo

Prob with Xzar and Lucette

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yazka77

Yazka77
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:13 PM

I can't figure it out why Lucette is after Xzar in Naskel Mines while i am still at lvl 2. Got always killed because of that. I have always thinked it's an SoA quest not BG1. All kind of help is appreciated. Sorry for my ban english.

#2 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:07 PM

I can't figure it out why Lucette is after Xzar in Naskel Mines while i am still at lvl 2. Got always killed because of that. I have always thinked it's an SoA quest not BG1. All kind of help is appreciated. Sorry for my ban english.

This is not a BP bug, nor a BP-BGT bug. This is a TDD-weidu bug, well-known, and fixed on my own PC. (Wrong forum, but it's okay--I still help w/ the caretaking of TDD)

If you know the basics of scripting, you too can fix it (new version of mods is a couple weeks away).

Everything is in BALDUR.BCS. Look for the lines that start with referrences to "kibaxx" and "kibaday". Then some with Robillard and Adario. The part you need to fix is right below. A series of Blocks with Xzar, and one with Kagain and Yeslick.

All you have to do is this: add this one line to the top of these blocks, right below the IF:

Global("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",2)

and recompile the script.

These script blocks were merely overlooked when TDD-weidu was packaged, and this fix is entirely useless outside of a TDD-BGT game. ;)

This will keep these blocks from firing until you are in the SoA portion of the game. A BGT variable design for just this purpose (Sets to 1 when you leave BG1, sets to 2 in Jonny's dungeon). It starts at zero if you started in SoA--this way we can determine if you came from a continuous BG1-->2 game, or not--adding what is needed for either possibility.

Edited by horred the plague, 13 February 2006 - 02:09 PM.

#3 Yazka77

Yazka77
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:48 PM

What soft i should use to edit baldur.bcs and is it ok to compile it with script compiler.

Figured it out already. Used Near Infinity...

Edited by Yazka77, 13 February 2006 - 11:12 PM.