NWN 2 release date

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 02:19 PM

Does anyone know a release date for NWN or is yet to be announced ?

#2 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:42 AM

Don't know much beyond the current Q2 2006
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:05 AM

Rumour is that it is due to come out in June, more specific date is just pure speculation.

#4 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:26 PM

The place I have it pre-ordered from has the release date down as June 9th, but they've probably just made an informed guess :).

#5 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:16 AM

You mayhaps ordered it from play.com, NiGHTMARE? At least they have the exact same release date over there. Although I made a quick check, and found out that both ebgames.com and amazon.com have it scheduled for June 20th. The majority is usually right, but can't say how many places have the same date. I haven't discovered any pre-order lists here in Finland for the game though (Well, it might take some time to get here, although we always get the same version as UK, same as Sweden does).

#6 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:27 AM

Yep, it is indeed play.com. One game I pre-ordered from them in the past (Thief 3) actually arrived several days before its' release date. Maybe Jersey (which is where they're based) gets stuff before the mainland, or something :).

#7 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:42 AM

Yep, it is indeed play.com. One game I pre-ordered from them in the past (Thief 3) actually arrived several days before its' release date. Maybe Jersey (which is where they're based) gets stuff before the mainland, or something :).

That's pretty cool, getting it before the offic. release! :) Not to mention how early the staff there get the games... ;)

#8 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:10 AM

You guys are getting it in June you say? Great! That means it's going to be in Denmark around June to. 2009, of course, but what the heck...

Edited by Grunker, 17 February 2006 - 10:10 AM.

"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#9 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:32 AM

You guys are getting it in June you say? Great! That means it's going to be in Denmark around June to. 2009, of course, but what the heck...

I'm not really up to date how they handle games in Denmark, do you get semi or fully localized versions or the standard English version of games in general?

#10 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:36 AM

English version, except for the occasional danish manual. Some (very) few games (like Dungeon Keeper II for example) has incorporated danish language.

Ironically, Eidos Studios, the one who made Hitman, is danish, but they haven't made one single game with incorporated danish language in it ;)
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#11 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:39 AM

English version, except for the occasional danish manual. Some (very) few games (like Dungeon Keeper II for example) has incorporated danish language.

Ironically, Eidos Studios, the one who made Hitman, is danish, but they haven't made one single game with incorporated danish language in it ;)

Well, that's a rather good way of doing it me thinks. I know I couldn't stand games made in Finnish, e.g. the original Max Payne could have incorporated Finnish language... fortunately it didn't.

#12 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:21 PM

@Archmage Silver: Well, actually, the danish voice acting for Dungeon Keeper II is hilarious. He translates everything to danish, even things that can't really be translated. Furthermore, he is an old sod in his fifties, who has never seen or heard about fantasy or computer games in his life. You can even hear that he has difficulty pronoucing many of the words ^_^

By the way, anything concrete on a possible release date for NWN2 yet?

Edited by Grunker, 22 March 2006 - 02:25 PM.

- Yahtzee

#13 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:51 AM

One US site is listing a release date of August 10th, but that can't be taken as gospel. On the back of the manual for DDO: Stormreach it has 2006.

One thing that might make a difference is that the lead designer, Ferret Baudoin, has just left Obsidian. He's been replaced, but it may (or may not) affect the release date.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#14 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:27 AM

@Archmage Silver: Well, actually, the danish voice acting for Dungeon Keeper II is hilarious. He translates everything to danish, even things that can't really be translated. Furthermore, he is an old sod in his fifties, who has never seen or heard about fantasy or computer games in his life. You can even hear that he has difficulty pronoucing many of the words ^_^

By the way, anything concrete on a possible release date for NWN2 yet?

Nothing absolute yet. Somewhere along the June - August axis it is though. Unless something drastic happens.

#15 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:51 AM

Ferret Baudoin, has just left Obsidian

:blink:

Why?

- Yahtzee

#16 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:44 AM

Ferret Baudoin, has just left Obsidian

:blink:

Why?

There hasn't been an announcement explaining why. The only information is that it's an amicable parting. There's lots of speculation, and my personal favourite rumour is that he's moving to Bioware Austin to work on their MMO. Someone claims that FB left them a message saying thanks for all the good wishes that have been expressed, and confirming that he wasn't leaving because the project was in trouble but instead to move to another post.

JE Sawyer is acting lead designer now.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

#17 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:14 AM

From the NWN2 forums:

Posted: Wednesday, 12 April 2006 03:52PM:

While the official press release does not go out until later, I promised I'd have some big news this week that has been asked many, many times.

The official worldwide release date for NWN2 is September 2006.

There you have it!

-Shane

:)

Back from the brink.

#18 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:54 AM

I can't wait that long :(

But it's nice to have something to hold on to.

- Yahtzee

#19 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:57 AM

Hmm... I guess they must've delayed it. Well, I'm not surprised.

#20 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 02:38 PM

At least it shows Obsidian aren't having a release date forced upon them, as happened with KotOR 2.