Photo

What parts of Tactics are includet in BP-Weidu?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 UnholyAngel

UnholyAngel
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:10 PM

Hi,

I'm thinking about rewriting some parts of tactics, to make them copatible with TDD and BP. Therefor I would like to know wether the pinned list is still accurate.

I would also appreciate, if someone could say, what exactly is the problem between Improved Sahuagin and BP. I think I remeber a thread stating that there was a problem :huh: , but I have no clue whatoever this :wall: was.

Edit:
P.S. Does anyone know how I can correct the awkward mistake in the Topic title ? :doh: Please....

Edited by UnholyAngel, 22 February 2006 - 09:15 PM.

#2 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:26 PM

Hi,

I'm thinking about rewriting some parts of tactics, to make them copatible with TDD and BP. Therefor I would like to know wether the pinned list is still accurate.

I would also appreciate, if someone could say, what exactly is the problem between Improved Sahuagin and BP. I think I remeber a thread stating that there was a problem :huh: , but I have no clue whatoever this :wall: was.

Edit:
P.S. Does anyone know how I can correct the awkward mistake in the Topic title ? :doh: Please....

Well, the biggest problem with Tactics (and many components of EoU, and other Wiemer mods) is that they have not been updated to the new standards. They overwrite files, instead of append/extend/hex-patch. Much like a great deal of BP-weidu does (though I'm working on it!--that's why it's BETA). In fact, I'm only releasing this "sub-standard" system because it will eliminate the need for all of the old, outdated, "classic" mods. BP forums are flooded with at l;east 90% of "installation issue" posts--that alone should say it all. The pro's outweigh the con's, in this case---by far.

EDIT: In DIRECT answer to yuor question, you'll see that many of Tactics components that weere previously hardwired are now optional components. While Weimer gave me permission to put what I needed from Tactics within, I had already gotten direct permission from the main contributors (Blucher and Ryu) for their components--and to improve as I saw fit--which I have done, to a small degree. Mostly bughunting, not changing, out of respect. The exact same with BP-Ascension (optional) component.

Sahuagin City? I just did a little bit with that in BP-weidu. Made a series of sahuagin "spys" that summon ambushes---severity based on PC lvl and difficulty slider. If you ca mix the two in such a way, I see no issues. Just try to do away with some of the AI cheese tactic. BP's main mission was to offer interesting, realistic, challenging /enemy AI---with as little cheese as possible. My AI work originally was inspired because I could not stand neither BW's enemy AI, nor its alternative options (which would be? Tactics).

Edited by horred the plague, 22 February 2006 - 09:36 PM.