Photo

Thanks and some Questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Xamidjakh

Xamidjakh
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:29 PM

I first want to thank everyone that worked on this mod, it is much easier to install and the compatibility with other mods is a godsend. I played through the old BP-BGT a few times and all the work converting the mods to WeiDU is amazing. Thank you.

I have a few questions though...

1) In BP-BGT (non-weidu) I remember that the monsters were much more intelligent (attacking spell casters first, calling you a barb slinger, etc) Where did this come from? (I installed tatics, but it isnt the same) Was it part of BP? I really enjoyed the tatical aspects of this. Any insight would be appreciated.

2) Many of the NPCs had customs kits in old BP-BGT. Same question as above, where did this come from? I managed to use NearInfinity to modified Imoen, Branwen, etc to give them a kit, but it wasnt there by default. Is this part of BG1NPC project? Is mine just not working?

3) Experience seems unbalanced to me a little bit (LVL 10 when arriving to BG). I remember there was a way to remove XP from traps and spells, is there a mod that does this for BGT-weidu?

Thanks again for an awesome mod.

#2 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:47 PM

1) This comes from Big Picture itself. Soon you will be able to play with the new BigPicture-WeiDU to enhance enemy I.A.

2) There are no kit for NPC in BGT-WeiDU. I don't think BG1 NPC Project add theses.

3) Use Ding0 Experience Fixer (DEF JAM). It can lower experience for creature, quest, and locks/spells. The last part is what you need. here
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#3 Xamidjakh

Xamidjakh
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:21 PM

1) This comes from Big Picture itself. Soon you will be able to play with the new BigPicture-WeiDU to enhance enemy I.A.

2) There are no kit for NPC in BGT-WeiDU. I don't think BG1 NPC Project add theses.

3) Use Ding0 Experience Fixer (DEF JAM). It can lower experience for creature, quest, and locks/spells. The last part is what you need. here

Sweet, thanks a lot for the info. Ill look forward to BigPicture-WeiDU. thanks for the link to the XP fixer.

Sweet, thanks a lot for the info. Ill look forward to BigPicture-WeiDU. thanks for the link to the XP fixer.

BTW, one more quick qestion... is there a forum for BP-Weidu? Whos developing it? Thanks

#4 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:28 PM

BTW, one more quick qestion... is there a forum for BP-Weidu? Whos developing it? Thanks

Yes, there is. It's the same forum as Big Picture. BP-BGT forum is about to become obsolete soon.

Most of the juicy stuff is happening in the private workshop. Lots of humming in there. :cheers:
----errrm, something like that :whistling:

Who's doing it? The same guy that made BP classic---that is, yours truly. :D

I've had some major help from King Diamond, with the weidu coding (he roxx I suxx !!! :lol:)

And a whole slieu of testers. A few of which have stayed loyal until the glorious end... :unsure:

Look to the "So what's the Gameplan, Horred?" thread for more details. ;)

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:26 PM

Yes, there is. It's the same forum as Big Picture. BP-BGT forum is about to become obsolete soon.

Most of the juicy stuff is happening in the private workshop. Lots of humming in there. :cheers:
----errrm, something like that :whistling:

Who's doing it? The same guy that made BP classic---that is, yours truly. :D

I've had some major help from King Diamond, with the weidu coding (he roxx I suxx !!! :lol:)

And a whole slieu of testers. A few of which have stayed loyal until the glorious end... :unsure:

Look to the "So what's the Gameplan, Horred?" thread for more details. ;)

Awesome... Im salivating over here... thanks for the info and for working on the mod, you kick ass :cheers: