• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:08 AM

Hi Yovaneth :)

I'm playing now IWD2 with your set of party scripts. There's a little flaw I've encountered, which I'd like to report. It seems that weapon switching routine is a bit buggy in your scripts - I've noticed more than once that while my cleric (i2cleric.bs) eagerly switches from sling to melee at the slightest occasion, my mage (i2mage.bs) did prefer to continue shooting no matter the circumstances - even if the enemies are long since started to shred her with melee weapons :huh:

Ok, now my mage finally switched to staff & set to bashing some goblin heads... the only problem is that she was still having some arrows and she was standing far enough from the nearest goblin... weird :/

Edited by Creepin, 07 March 2006 - 08:35 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:54 AM

It seems to be a problem with all of the game engines; I've tried for hours to devise a foolproof way of forcing that switch and come up with exactly zilch. It's bloody frustrating to see someone using a ranged weapon when you *know* they are within head-bashing range.

There's an interesting thread on AI limitations (and future expansion) running here and here on G3, but be warned - it's serious IE AI geek material. Which probably explains why I'm reading it..... :P

-Y-