Photo

Nether scroll? (alright, maybe I'm just impatient)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DalreïDal

DalreïDal
  • 439 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:30 AM

Hello!

So far I was having a lot of fun yelling back at Edwin... I spent two afternoons laughing at my computer's screen. So, it happens, Edwin asks for the Nether scroll. So, Graveyard district visit, get the scroll (didn't need to talk twice to the lich, is this alright?), Edwin grabs it... then silence. And I mean, it's been 2hrs real time and 21 days game-time, and still not a word from him, and he's not transformed and nothing... so... am I just too impatient, or is something wrong?
"I set on this journey trying to understand why has metal been stereotyped, dismissed, and condemned. My answer is this: if, listening to that music, you don't get that overwhelming rush of power that makes the hair stand at the back of your neck, you may never will. But you know what, it doesn't really matter. Because, judging from the 40 000 people around me, we're doing just fine without ya." :) Cheers! And two horns up for metalheads all around the world!

#2 Arlaya

Arlaya
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:03 PM

I had this problem once, and think it's some king of bug. I reloaded game just before killing lich, get the scroll one more time, immadietely (without sleepieng) escaped the tombs, and rested just outside, in the graveyard district. Then, in the morning, talked to Eddie and everything was alright. To be sure, saverd this game, reload the old one and chcecked if the bug will appear again (i rested in the tomb, just after killing lich) and after that Eddie remained silent, talking to him did nothing.

#3 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

Ummm...don't know if this needs to be done anymore, but I ALWAYS make sure to not say to Eddie after he gets the scroll that it's group treasure; be sure to ask him if he will use it to help the group. I then go outside, he mentions that he's translated some of it, then I rest twice at the CC and he has his transformation. I always do this and I never have a problem.
Good luck!

#4 DalreïDal

DalreïDal
  • 439 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:25 PM

Well, unknowingly I tried both solutions: just reloading the whole ****** thing and re-doing the ***** tomb and lich, and because of a taste for variety and exploring modder's imagination I didn't click on the "party treasure" choice. And everything worked fine!!! :coolthumb: Thank you very much for the suggestion!

But now... alright, I must be playing BG2 for the eigth time (discovered mods too late and not altogether, so... must replay to see them all ;) ), and so am a little... well... unfair. I do CLUAConsole a lot just to see the important parts of the games/mods I want to play without having to suffer all the innumerable side quests. So... I get a feeling the Edwina thing is not real-time cued, but game-time cued. If so, how many days do I need to travel from Athkatla to Trademeet back to Athkatla for something to happen? Alright, alright, I'm cheating, I admit it. Now, please...?
"I set on this journey trying to understand why has metal been stereotyped, dismissed, and condemned. My answer is this: if, listening to that music, you don't get that overwhelming rush of power that makes the hair stand at the back of your neck, you may never will. But you know what, it doesn't really matter. Because, judging from the 40 000 people around me, we're doing just fine without ya." :) Cheers! And two horns up for metalheads all around the world!

#5 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:10 AM

Well, unknowingly I tried both solutions: just reloading the whole ****** thing and re-doing the ***** tomb and lich, and because of a taste for variety and exploring modder's imagination I didn't click on the "party treasure" choice. And everything worked fine!!! :coolthumb: Thank you very much for the suggestion!

But now... alright, I must be playing BG2 for the eigth time (discovered mods too late and not altogether, so... must replay to see them all ;) ), and so am a little... well... unfair. I do CLUAConsole a lot just to see the important parts of the games/mods I want to play without having to suffer all the innumerable side quests. So... I get a feeling the Edwina thing is not real-time cued, but game-time cued. If so, how many days do I need to travel from Athkatla to Trademeet back to Athkatla for something to happen? Alright, alright, I'm cheating, I admit it. Now, please...?

So you mean he is Edwina now? If not, rest a few times at an inn. That to me always works. If he IS Edwina, the LT's will continue normally every 40 minutes or so. I, too, play often so I go thru a game quickly. The best trick is to leave your game on pause a lot and when you come back, say, an hour later, I get the LT's and other in-party banters. I've heard that Edwin Romance is better done that way if you play quickly than to try and use the console to speed things up. Let us know how you are doing, alright? Enjoy Eddie! :) Oh, one more thing...do you have Ease of Use installed? I've heard that if you do, DO NOT install the "female Edwina" component as that will mess things up. I don't know what, but I make sure to not install that.

Edited by Minarvia, 08 March 2006 - 07:12 AM.

#6 DalreïDal

DalreïDal
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:25 AM

Yeah, he is EdwinA now. I got like 2 or 3 LT as "degradating female" now, lol, but I'm just wondering... am I supposed to do anything, or is he/she/it (sorry 'bout that. Reading Azimov right now) going to transform back without any intervention by me at all? It's the first time I've had Edwin in my party (couldn't consider the idea of putting an evil mage in my party while I was playing the sorceress or had Kelsey in the party), so I don't really know how things are supposed to go now. I tried finding a walkthrough or something on the net for the Nether scroll quest, but didn't find anything very helpful. Anyway, thank you for your help :)

#7 DalreïDal

DalreïDal
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:26 AM

Yeah, he is EdwinA now. I got like 2 or 3 LT as "degradating female" now, lol, but I'm just wondering... am I supposed to do anything, or is he/she/it (sorry 'bout that. Reading Azimov right now) going to transform back without any intervention by me at all? It's the first time I've had Edwin in my party (couldn't consider the idea of putting an evil mage in my party while I was playing the sorceress or had Kelsey in the party), so I don't really know how things are supposed to go now. I tried finding a walkthrough or something on the net for the Nether scroll quest, but didn't find anything very helpful. Anyway, thank you for your help :)

#8 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:14 PM

Just wait around. You can't do anything about the Nether Scroll curse.
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

You just have to wait for Degarden to show up. The first time, you can fool him into not believing that Edwina is Edwin. He usually only spawns outside Athkatla, or in the cemetery. Later, after the LT where Edwina asks you for a personal item, the next time he spawns he "cures" Edwin. Then you are really back on track for romance!
Keep us posted! :D

#9 DalreïDal

DalreïDal
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:44 PM

Thank you, just got passed that now. But I'm getting really frustrated. My whole BG appears very buggy these times. Probably due to the great uninstall/reinstall, but I want to finish with the mods before I do so, because after I'm going to play BG1 tutu, so no more BG2 mods.

Edwina asked for a lock of my hair, then is back to Edwin... kissed me and now it's complete silence. I mean, for 1h30 real time and 5 days game-time. I'm losing my patience here, re-doing the druid grove for I don't know which-eth time. Is the **** timer fucked up, and the romance screwed, or am I supposed to wait longer? Now, if I'm sure I have something to wait for, I'm sure I'd have less of a temper about it, but since out of frustration I played back a part with Jaheira to see her reaction to male PC change into the Slayer and didn't even get the sleeping dreams and change when waking up after I met Bohdi, I'm rather inclined to believe that it's just the damned whole game that's not ticking correctly.

So... is this the end of the mod? "make it a best two out of three" (excellent line, btw :lol: ) and... that's it? they bickered happily ever after???

#10 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:55 PM

Thank you, just got passed that now. But I'm getting really frustrated. My whole BG appears very buggy these times. Probably due to the great uninstall/reinstall, but I want to finish with the mods before I do so, because after I'm going to play BG1 tutu, so no more BG2 mods.

Edwina asked for a lock of my hair, then is back to Edwin... kissed me and now it's complete silence. I mean, for 1h30 real time and 5 days game-time. I'm losing my patience here, re-doing the druid grove for I don't know which-eth time. Is the **** timer fucked up, and the romance screwed, or am I supposed to wait longer? Now, if I'm sure I have something to wait for, I'm sure I'd have less of a temper about it, but since out of frustration I played back a part with Jaheira to see her reaction to male PC change into the Slayer and didn't even get the sleeping dreams and change when waking up after I met Bohdi, I'm rather inclined to believe that it's just the damned whole game that's not ticking correctly.

So... is this the end of the mod? "make it a best two out of three" (excellent line, btw :lol: ) and... that's it? they bickered happily ever after???

Nah, you're not at the end of the mod. Hmmm...have you rested or just wandered around? If you really think it's a bad install or whatever and you want to know what happens...pm me. I'll fill ya in. But what should happen is the next LT's are triggered by resting...his confession and then...more than kisses.
You mention a male pc? :blink: I take it that you're a FEMALE in Eddie's game, tho, right? :D
And don't give upon BG2 mods! There are some really great ones...Eddie's being the best, tho! :P

#11 -Rin-

-Rin-

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:05 AM

Nah, you're not at the end of the mod. Hmmm...have you rested or just wandered around? If you really think it's a bad install or whatever and you want to know what happens...pm me. I'll fill ya in. But what should happen is the next LT's are triggered by resting...his confession and then...more than kisses.
You mention a male pc? :blink: I take it that you're a FEMALE in Eddie's game, tho, right? :D
And don't give upon BG2 mods! There are some really great ones...Eddie's being the best, tho! :P

I had the same problem. Only I kept playing, going through the game thinking that whatever will happen will happen... well maybe it's because I went through spellhold but I'm through the underdark and whoopie, no Edwin loving after that first little 'happy I'm a man' moment. help?

#12 -Iggs-

-Iggs-

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:24 PM

Guys I actually had a conflict with degarden, first time he appeared. I chose rude responses - he attacked. Edwin still Edwina. Is this now permanent?