new bug: can't enter copper coronet

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 -goin-

-goin-

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:24 AM

i can't enter the copper coronet, the game simply crashes. anyone else had this prob??
i installed all the mods from the list above correctly, and played through half of the game, but now i can't enter the damned pub anymore

#2 Thauron

Thauron
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:34 AM

Can you post the contents of your weidu.log - without it it's near impossible to diagnose your problem - I don't think BGT changes anything to the Copper Coronet (at least I think it doesn't) so it must be some other mod.

#3 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:25 AM

Couple of things:

1. Does it crash while saving game or while loading area?

2. Did you clear your cache and then try again?

3. Can you CLUA to the area or does it also crash?

4. Do as Thauron says and post your weidu.log so we can see what exactly you have installed.

ronin

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:10 AM

here's my log
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #1 #0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack fuer ToB, v1.5 WeiDU
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #1 #2 // Deutsche Korrektur von Textfehlern v2.1
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v105 WeiDU
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v105 WeiDU
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits
~SETUP-CTB-TDDFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // CtB-TDDv1.05 Compatibility Fix
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.6
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.04 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-BGT-MAIN.TP2~ #1 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Hauptteil
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #1 #0 // Ueberarbeitete Weltkarte fuer Baldurs Gate - Big Picture und kompatible Modifikationen mit farbigen Baldurs Gate Kartenicons
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #1 #2 // Benutze die Weltkarte ebenso fuer Thron des Bhaal
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #1 #3 // Stoffkartenstil fuer Thron des Bhaal
~SETUP-CTB-FIX1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v160 WeiDU - PATCH #1
~SETUP-CTB_FF.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check the Bodies Fast Forward?
~SETUP-SOS-FIX1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v105 WeiDU - PATCH #5
~SETUP-TDD-FIX1.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v105 WeiDU - PATCH #6
~SETUP-TS-BP-FIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.04 (for BP) - PATCH #2
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding staff)

as i sayd, the whole thing worked fine up to now. it never crashed before or anythingelse.
i also can't clua to area, it also crashes. how do i clear cache??

#5 Thauron

Thauron
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:24 AM

There is nothing wrong with your log, as far as I can see. - I don't know anyone else who reported a crash in the Copper Coronet with only these mods installed.

Maybe some of the experts around can help you.

#6 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:02 PM

Your log is right, try the things I posted above and let us know.

ronin

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:06 AM

seems like i pretty am a noob, what area is the copper coronet for cluaing there?

#8 Thauron

Thauron
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:50 AM

AR0406

IESDP has a list with all BG2 (and BG1) areas + similar lists should be available on the internet.

#9 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:54 PM

Make sure you have: Debug Mode=1 in your baldur.ini then in the game shit ctrl+space to bring up the console then type: CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("ar0406")

ronin

#10 -Hairy Dave-

-Hairy Dave-

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:43 PM

Don't know if anyone is still watching this thread but I have experienced the same problem with a similar list of mods (but less), I followed the advice here and it crashed when using debug mode to get to ar0406. Help would be appreciated

Dave

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

Make sure you have Logging On=1 under Program Options in your baldur.ini file, reproduce the crash and then post the text contents of the resulting baldur.err file.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#12 -Hairy Dave-

-Hairy Dave-

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

Thanks for the lightning fast reply, the err file is as follows:

---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ObjCreature.cpp
Line: 12381

Exp: creatureSize == 0

Msg: no msg.
Run Debugger?

#13 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

Hmm, usually that means a creature is referenced in the area file or script but doesn't exist (or is a typo). The usual way of solving is to hack around the area and script (ar0406.are and ar0406.bcs) with an editor (NI or DLTCEP) and see if any CREs referenced in them are missing. But google around a bit first - I think this has come up in other threads and maybe someone has already done that.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#14 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:16 AM

Does it crash after the area is completely loaded, or when it's still loading? I mean, do you see the area for a moment, and then it crashes, or don't you?

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#15 -Hairy Dave-

-Hairy Dave-

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:20 AM

I have googled it and it has happened before, however as far as I can see it has never happened at the copper coronet before (it has in the bridge district, friendly arm inn, bandit camp and Gorion's cutscene). I will give one of the editors a go, see what I can find (never done this before so wish me luck :P )

Dave

#16 -Hairy Dave-

-Hairy Dave-

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:22 AM

Does it crash after the area is completely loaded, or when it's still loading? I mean, do you see the area for a moment, and then it crashes, or don't you?

I have seen it crash as soon as the loading screen comes up and when it reaches about 1/3 of the way, the saving is fine

#17 -Hairy Dave-

-Hairy Dave-

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:08 AM

Well after a little trial and error (I managed to make the minimap 1 wide and several down :doh: ), I found this message which I am (moderately) sure I didn't cause "Door #14 (DOOR14 [2202.929]) has invalid open bounding box, possibly damaged polygon." on DLCT. Any clue if I am even on the right track (or am I just making things worse)

Dave

#18 -Hairy Dave-

-Hairy Dave-

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

I added 3 polygons to door 14 and then to 25 and the check button stopped complaining at me, however it wouldn't let me save the file... Also the script didn't have a problem according to the check function, weather that means anything or not however is another matter. I will give it another stab later methinks.

Dave

#19 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:47 AM

I added 3 polygons to door 14 and then to 25 and the check button stopped complaining at me, however it wouldn't let me save the file... Also the script didn't have a problem according to the check function, weather that means anything or not however is another matter. I will give it another stab later methinks.

Dave

DLTCEP often complains about polygons without a real reason, and it appears to be related to something else.
If it was a script problem, it would crash after the area has completely loaded.
Could be some animation already present in the area. Try spawning all actors one by one, or disabling and loading the area; if it loads like that, try re-enabling them one by one.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#20 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:50 AM

That's a fairly common message in DLTCEP, and also one in the unmodded Copper Coronet, so it's unlikely to be the problem. The error message suggests it's a creature issue.

Try installing this and entering ar0406 when it prompts for an area. Then post the contents of the resulting arealog.txt. If there are any creatures marked UNKNOWN that's a dead giveaway of a problem. If not, then go down the list and CLUAConsole:CreateCreature() each one - most likely at least one will cause a crash (if it's not caused by one not existing).

Note you can use this utility on any area, and if you type 'all' it will report missing creatures in all areas. Though that may report false positives, as there are a few areas like this in unmodded BG2 that don't get used anywhere. You can run it as often as you like without uninstalling as it doesn't make changes to your game.

Edit: utility updated to v2 here

Edited by Miloch, 17 April 2011 - 04:53 PM.